General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I managed to cut my finger, cutting a very stumpy end of a bread -_-
Even if I was a band-aid type of person, which I'm not, I don't have any, and now I kind of wish I had, cus I loosened a bit of a skin-flap, that I'm now sort of "gluing" back in place with coagulation.
I'm usually not too frightened by cuts and hurts, but fingers are important, and I'm kind of worried about infection. I rinsed it immediately, though, and there's none of the characteristic warm "pumping" sensation, typical to infection. So lame though. I hope I don't pull it open again in my sleep.

I comfort myself with the notion that in GoT and such people cut themselves all the time, when doing oaths and stuff, "I invoke sumai!" *slash!*
so, semi-superficual cuts are apparently no big whopp. I also did deliberate cutting when I was a teen, but I can't really judge by that, cus I was ultra-lame and hormonal.

Sigh... SUMAI!

Or just coagulate along some toilet paper. Or Duct Tape.
It happens to me too, we have like a proportion of 20:1 on Skin Care/Creams/Ointments/That shit but barely any actual medical supplies. And those are mostly homeopathy -_-

Going out and getting band-aid is a no-no?

I live in the countryside, there's nowhere to go for band-aids at this hour. I typically love living remotely like this, but it obviously has a few disadvantages :I

Arnust, I thought of that actually, but I might be out of duct-tape :D I just moved here, I threw a lot of shit away during moving, in order to move lighter

Rip open the scab, drink your blood, your stomach absorbs it and produces new blood and you won't go hungry for the rest of the day either. Win-win-win.

Cut the hand off. With a shotgun.
Makes sense to me.

ef05278f193bfcd6385de2130d2a3482.jpg

I managed to cut my finger, cutting a very stumpy end of a bread -_-
Even if I was a band-aid type of person, which I'm not, I don't have any, and now I kind of wish I had, cus I loosened a bit of a skin-flap, that I'm now sort of "gluing" back in place with coagulation.
I'm usually not too frightened by cuts and hurts, but fingers are important, and I'm kind of worried about infection. I rinsed it immediately, though, and there's none of the characteristic warm "pumping" sensation, typical to infection. So lame though. I hope I don't pull it open again in my sleep.

I comfort myself with the notion that in GoT and such people cut themselves all the time, when doing oaths and stuff, "I invoke sumai!" *slash!*
so, semi-superficual cuts are apparently no big whopp. I also did deliberate cutting when I was a teen, but I can't really judge by that, cus I was ultra-lame and hormonal.

Sigh... SUMAI!
My father taught me to just put some super glue in my wounds if they're deep enough and hold the two sides together until they're dry which doesn't take long. He does it all the time when he cuts himself, I tried it a couple times and it works.

Soldered some of those ear buds to a new jack since they took a shit, removing the enamel off the magnet wire to get the solder to stick was annoying but I have managed to do it after using solder to remove the enamel off. Used a hot glue gun afterwards to insulate the site. They work really good. :ok:

hmmm, there's hard lumpy coagulated blood underneath the skin-flap, but so far it seems to have glued itself. I'm not really queasy to this kind of stuff, I just seek to prevent unforeseen long-term disadvantages

Hopefully it heals well!

The announcement of red dead redemption 2 made me go back and play revolver.

And y'know.... Red Harlow looks a lot like my first (and only) crush.

latest.jpeg

Last edited:
Back