General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

reminded me of that sweet win 95 cd rom that i had. It was the finest win 95 version i had seen. It also had some of the win 98 functions n stuff like that. I don't know where it is right now :(

damn, one of these days i have to find myself a pentium II or something for the old games.

sydney_roo said:
Read somewhere on this forum that Per still uses Windows 3.11 Good to know it's Windows 98.

Windows 98 SE. Gotta keep with the times.

Per, did you know you can change that Start button text to something else? I would have suggested Lizard, except that it has to be 5 letters (as far as I know, at least) :D

Just finished playing Red faction guerrilla. I truly enjoyed the destructible buildings and havoc that game offered, it alone was enough to play the game trough. Otherwise it was poor on story and character side, with avarage run and gun gameplay.

Got myself a hardcopy of Stalker SotC, which was propably a bad move since it seems to be 1,99€ at steam today. Well, i hope its a good game, seems to be at least well liked at these very forums.

Try vanilla Stalker 1st then with mods, its worth it. Right, since Space Rangers 2: Reboot was released, I have chance to play it for a day and damn this game is hard. I mean I did well in SR2, but SR2:R on Impossible is a tough nut to crack. Basically you might start with 4 unoccupied systems and rest are under dominator control. But at some point you end up with 2 or 1 since the dominators go on all out assault. Right on the bright side lots of new stuff or should I say tweaked stuff, you can customize space station armament, not that it helps when 6-7 dominators are shooting it. Some new hulls and new types of equipment. Overall same basic SR2 but with more polish and damn lot harder. I mean the game encourages to cheat, its like its part of game play. Without it its a long and hard journey.

Sigh.., I need to stop buying games, since I don't have time to finish them at all. Going through old games, Parasite Eve 2, Shining Force 2, etc.

Had to make up something since my PS3 is being fixed (broken Blu-ray drive, hooray) so now I've been playing Diablo 2 again. Damn it's so addictive!

Borderlands, and it's fantastic. way over my expectations so far.

can't wait to play it in co-op when I'm back home after christmas.

Yeah, i thought long and hard possible mods in my first play but decided to go with vanilla. Its been rather good so far, it seems locations are intresting and well laid out. Music is also very athmospheric and i like how gunning "feels" like, seems promising, havent played for long yet though.

Mods add more "atmospheric" feel, mostly. Stuff like needing to sleep, ability to get companions, more active conflict between different groups, some "random encounters". AMK improves the gunning by a lot, makes it so "realistic" that it gets a bit hard to play. There's also the added ability to craft stronger artifacts.

Still, vanilla is pretty darn good on its own.

aenemic said:

the feeling will fade. enjoy it while it lasts.

SuAside said:
aenemic said:

hehe, yeah I'm expecting it to get a bit monotone after a while. hopefully co-op will make it last a bit longer.

it's perfect now around christmas when I can just throw an hour or two at the game every now and then and don't need 4+ hours to really get into it.

decided to take a break fm Demon's Souls because it was eating up my life. will probably continue to play it after the exams. But it's without a doubt my personal GOTY.

Playing F.E.A.R 2 right now. So far i must say that it's not even as half a good as the original game.

Astiaks said:
Playing F.E.A.R 2 right now. So far i must say that it's not even as half a good as the original game.

I agree entirely.

The main problem I had in F.E.A.R. 2 was just that all the freaky things that happen, are either blatantly unmissable or are just scripted scenes. One of the best things on the original, was that the creepy and weird happenings would trigger whether you were paying attention or not.

It was one thing to see Alma pop up and fade away or to see some strange thing happen in front of you, but it was much creepier when you noticed your visor flickering and heard the shrill little sounds and didn't catch what had exactly just happened, you just knew it happened.

SuAside said:
aenemic said:

So true. I was overjoyed while playing it but it got bored after 7-8 hours or so when i realized nothing new was going to be introduced. I never returned to it ever since. "FPS Diablo" my arse.

Back