General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Reconite said:
The movies sucked.

The only good movies were Alien, Aliens, and Predator. :) I didn't even bother with the AvP2 movie, don't even know what it was called (probably just AvP2). I loved the AvP games back in the day. On a side note: I have quite an impressive Alien and Predator collection. :lol:

verevoof said:
Reconite said:
The movies sucked.

The only good movies were Alien, Aliens, and Predator. :) I didn't even bother with the AvP2 movie, don't even know what it was called (probably just AvP2). I loved the AvP games back in the day. On a side note: I have quite an impressive Alien and Predator collection. :lol:
I thought Predator 2 was ok...

The second AvP movie was Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.

I have most (I think I'm missing one) of the Aliens toys from 90s by Kenner (all in original packages). McFarlane makes great figures. Have a bunch of the 90s Predator toys, in packages, by Kenner. Have the NES Predator game, NES Alien 3 game, SNES AvP and SNES Alien 3. Gameboy games, DVDs, VHS, anything really. And, of course, the holy grail of Alien collectables: The 1979 recalled Kenner 18" tall Alien figure; in original packaging, all the parts.

Man, I was obsessed back then. :lol:

I still need to pick up an Alien Queen figure from McFarlane Toys, as well as a T1000.

Wish there was a toy model similar to the Art Asylum ST toys of the Sulaco.

Edit:

While some people have high hopes for AVP3 being developed by Rebellion because they made the first AVP game on the PC, I point out that they also made the awful PSP game based on Requiem.

The people that made AVP3 aren't the same people that made AVP.

With the example that Rogue Warrior gave, I think the future is looking a bit more grim for the game.
Not that I was to enthusiastic when I heard the new game will use elements from those awful AVP movies.

Ass Creed 2.

The game is better than the original. Great environment and atmosphere. Lots of detail in the Renaissance rendering.

Combat still.......pisses me off.

I wanted RAPIER DUELS DAMMIT! not this damn button mashing shit. I AM DISAPPOINT.

aenemic said:
huh, I didn't know the Aliens RPG was cancelled. when did this happen and why?

Here.

SEGA's statement: "At this point, SEGA has no plans to move forward with the Aliens RPG. The Aliens franchise offers us so much content to choose from that we feel it important to take a step back and carefully consider the type of game we want to release."

Obsidian's statement: "unfortunately, it is true that we are no longer working on the game, and we wanted to finally announce that officially to everyone who has been following its development."

well, that's too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of game they could come up with. can't really imagine an rpg in the Aliens franchise.

I noticed they're working on a modern-day rpg based around espionage now instead: Alpha Protocol. looks pretty interesting. with some luck, it might actually come close to Deus Ex game-play wise.

Hoxie said:
sydney_roo said:
Just finished Modern Warfare 2 which is by the way one the best FPSs I've ever played. I'm gonna start Episodes From Liberty City this weekend I guess.

Have to disagree on MW2, but Episodes From Liberty City is nice, I probably enjoyed The Lost And The Damned a bit more than Ballad Of Gay Tony overall, but both add a good amount of gameplay and story.

What didn't you like about MW2? I, too, enjoy Lost and the Damned more than Ballad of Gay Tony but both are really great. Top quality. Come on, it's Rockstar.

check the last pages of this thread for some of our views on MW2: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51125

so anyways... while playing Baldur's Gate I suddenly got a huge urge to play Icewind Dale, so I installed that one. I have no idea how I'm gonna have the time to play all the Infinity games through again, but I'm determined to try. biggest problem right now is that I want to play all of them right away!

minesw.gif

200 mines, count 'em!

I had contact with one of the graphics guys who was working on the Aliens RPG but I didn't really get detailed information on what the plans were for the game.

From what I have seen of the concept art I think it would probably have been an action/stat hybrid like Alpha Protocol.

sydney_roo said:
Read somewhere on this forum that Per still uses Windows 3.11 Good to know it's Windows 98.
No, you see, I don't even know.
Could be 3.11 for all I remember, haven't seen Windows 98/95/3.11 or anything in a long while.

Back