General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

The Vault Dweller said:
In Baldur's Gate it's the difficulty! It seems like one out of every two battles I have to load my game due to one or two of my characters getting killed. I also don't expect this to go away with levels since I've noticed the number of enemies increases as my levels/party members increase.

Any suggestions that won't spoil the story would be appreciated.

It gets easier after you defeat Zchnorklon the traitor NPC beneath the Spire of Time and gain the Two Slightly Distorted Pendants.

Per said:
...defeat Zchnorklon the traitor NPC beneath the Spire of Time and gain the Two Slightly Distorted Pendants.

Is this a joke? That is one weird sentence.

:| ,
The Vault Dweller

P.S.

I was waiting for you to post Per since I know you're an expert at BG.

Tagaziel said:
Return To Castle Wolfenstein for the first time.

Shooting Nazis is awesome, but the gun sound effects are a turn off. MG-42 doesn't sound even remotely like that!
Awesome game!
I have such good memories of that game!

I've been playing a lot with myself these last couple of days. Pretty much always the same game, though.

Doing a re-play of the Icewind Dale series, for lack of other good things to play. Never finished either of the two before, planning to do that now... Fighter, fighter/cleric, cleric/mage, thief, illusionist, ranger.

I seem to be losing the touch since the game feels more difficult that when I first played it. The dumbed down modern games are at fault here...

Also, I have always marveled at the fact that the on-screen graphics in IWD look tons better than in IWDII. Whaddyaknow.

Borderlands (okay, but not great) and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (awesome in multiplayer, good in singleplayer)

Panzer General II Adlerkorps Edition, fan made game version thats runs like a charm on all platforms with added loads of new missions, campaigns and units, games is over the size of 1gb .

And playing Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares and Generals: Zero Hour now.

Fuck, I should be studying for an exam right about now.

Sorrow said:
X-Com3, Transcendence.
marko2te said:
Panzer General II Adlerkorps Edition, fan made game version thats runs like a charm on all platforms with added loads of new missions, campaigns and units, games is over the size of 1gb .

lol :crazy: i think the rumors about NMA members having the same preferences are slightly true, i am also playing Panzer General 2, and X-com 1.

also playing bioshock and sometimes Battlefield 2

Finished Borderlands:

The game was awesome. I really enjoyed this one and it really didn't get boring.

Some things i didn't like:
The Ending...wtf?!!! come on, i expected a little more.
The way points in the god damn game don't work. sometimes you are hunting for a certain quest item and you arrive at the point where it is supposed to be and it isn't there.
and yeah, the loot sharing system in the co-op (as all the reviews said) is stupid.

Next stop for me will be the God Of War Collection.

Bayonetta.

I realized that I have lost all the ancient arcade skills I honed during my immature years with lots of quarters. Sigh...

Astiaks said:
The way points in the god damn game don't work. sometimes you are hunting for a certain quest item and you arrive at the point where it is supposed to be and it isn't there.

If you're talking about the scavenger hunt quests, that's how it's supposed to be.

The waypoint shows you the general area the parts are in and when you get close enough to them you can see the little item blip on your compass.

I've actually stopped really playing computer games. Am I going crazy?

also:
It gets easier after you defeat Zchnorklon the traitor NPC beneath the Spire of Time and gain the Two Slightly Distorted Pendants.
I've played BG a few times and I still only *think* I know what you're talking about.

I am playing Bayonetta.
I liked God Hand, God Hand was the shit, Bayonetta is God Hand revived, God Hand with a chick and longer cinematics, but still insane don't-get-hit-once mechanics, also bombastic special movies that are easily to pull off but difficult and challenging to utilize intelligently in appropriate situations.
Dante's Inferno smells of the smack-tard infection, and God of War III is sadly the ancient Greek's answer to machoman rape-your-dog-with-lubricant fantasy. Bayonetta hits the right I-don't-give-a-fuck vibe.

Rub a dub dub, pay sixty dollars for this bub.

Eyenixon said:
I am playing Bayonetta.
I liked God Hand, God Hand was the shit, Bayonetta is God Hand revived, God Hand with a chick and longer cinematics, but still insane don't-get-hit-once mechanics, also bombastic special movies that are easily to pull off but difficult and challenging to utilize intelligently in appropriate situations.
Dante's Inferno smells of the smack-tard infection, and God of War III is sadly the ancient Greek's answer to machoman rape-your-dog-with-lubricant fantasy. Bayonetta hits the right I-don't-give-a-fuck vibe.

Rub a dub dub, pay sixty dollars for this bub.

too bad the character Baynetta looks fucking retarded and just seeing her makes me laugh.

Back