General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Finished both Butcher Bay and Assault on Dark Athena.

They were both ok. I really liked some of the dialogues in Dark Athena:

Revas(talking to another soldier): you have to kill riddick, it's either him or the Dentist.
Riddick: She is right,either way you are gonna lose some teeth.

:))

Going for Demon's Soul now. Let's if it's as hard as they say. I got my ass handed down to me while i was playing Butcher Bay on hard. And after finishing the god damn game i only got the gold trophy for the hard finish. this means if i want the silver trophy i have play the whole thing again on normal. Stupid fucks at star breeze.

Got roped into playing League of Legends with some friends. It's made by the same people who made DoTA, but it doesn't piss me off like DoTA does.

It's free to play, so that's nice too.

I was busy playing Demon's Soul this weekend and i must say that everybody who owns a ps3 and and is into Action/RPG games should definitly give this game a try...Amazing!..but also hard and frustrating sometimes. Needs a lot of patience.

Astiaks said:
I was busy playing Demon's Soul this weekend and i must say that everybody who owns a ps3 and and is into Action/RPG games should definitly give this game a try...Amazing!..but also hard and frustrating sometimes. Needs a lot of patience.

to be honest, I'm considering getting a PS3 to be able to play that game. I'm just on the lookout for a few more interesting PS3-only titles to make sure the purchase is worthwhile.

Personally, I regret purchasing PS3, unless of course, you like DLCs, FPS, and random action games. After 1 year of purchase, I've only bought 6 games for it, and I am only looking for 1 or 2 titles that wasn't even a popular PS 3 release.

There are only 1 or 2, maybe 3 upcoming titles that I am interested in, and most of them are probably multiplatform. It seems every title I see now is "moar polygons!" and "Fuke stories!". Of course, to each of his/her own, you might have different taste and opinions.

hm, probably not. I don't mind the occasional fps, but I'd much rather play them on my pc than on a console. and I'm not that interested in action games other than that to be honest.

I guess I'll really have to think it through.

what are the chances for a pc port of Demon's Souls anyways?

I wouldn't buy a console for a single game. Right now my only gaming option is the ps3. aside from that i only have a netbook.

Just finished Modern Warfare 2 which is by the way one the best FPSs I've ever played. I'm gonna start Episodes From Liberty City this weekend I guess.

I liked modern warfare 2. Not the best FPS but still, it was a lot of fun and the story got really interesting towards the end. I also liked the special ops mode.

I've been playing:
avsp2box.jpg

Can't wait for the new one coming out in Spring 2010.

UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
sydney_roo said:
Just finished Modern Warfare 2 which is by the way one the best FPSs I've ever played. I'm gonna start Episodes From Liberty City this weekend I guess.

MW2...the best FPS?

I call shenanigans.

Well, maybe one of the best.

Astiaks said:
Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
It's being made by the same studio who made Rogue Warrior... I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ouch!!!! better to stay away from this one then!

Yeah I also wanted to bring that one up, I fear for AVP3's future.

Even more, I fear that the bad reviews and sales of AVP3 will affect the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines, a game I am looking far more out for.

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
Reconite said:
Can't wait for the new one coming out in Spring 2010.
It's being made by the same studio who made Rogue Warrior... I wouldn't get your hopes up.
The same studio which made the original Alien versus Predator on PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_vs._Predator_(video_game) < this URL is broken because of the brackets
Aliens vs. Predator is an science fiction first-person shooter video game in development by Rebellion Developments, the team behind the 1999 original PC game
The gameplay videos look great too.

And I think I'll get Aliens: Colonial Marines aswell.

I'll have to keep an eye on this AvP3. I used to be a huge fan of Alien and Predator, not so much anymore though. The franchises have been crap lately.

Edit: I was kind of disappointed when the Aliens RPG was canceled. I would have liked to see what Obsidian would have done with that, though I didn't have my hopes up.

sydney_roo said:

Have to disagree on MW2, but Episodes From Liberty City is nice, I probably enjoyed The Lost And The Damned a bit more than Ballad Of Gay Tony overall, but both add a good amount of gameplay and story.

Back