General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Okay. I've been getting desperate and I really want to play Battletoads and Double Dragon again. I want the cart and a mid ninties t.v. to play it on. Got the t.v. but need the cart. SNES cart to be exact. I still value these games as the games that separates the gaming men from the gaming boys. My co-workers are complaining that they are too hard. My friend bought battle toads as a recommendation from me and now I showed him how to get past turbo tunnel. He still thinks it's too hard.

Anyways tangent over. I want any and ALL battletoad games for any and ALL consoles....'cept the Amiga version cause it blows.

Seriously. I love these games. :D

Errr Battletoads obviously from this drunken rant about somethin' or other.

Ahh, the games of my childhood. Still, I guess I'm not manly enough to beat the original BT game... Which one's the Turbo Tunnel again? The BT+DD game is much better balanced for non-hardcore players, I came pretty close to finishing it.

As for the BT SNES games, never liked em much.

The turbo tunnel was borderline but I'd tend to put it over the hump even for it's time. It got to pretty ridiculous reaction requirements and yes, I haven beaten the game. Speaking of which, time to start it up again...

Also playing Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (wohoo for fighting callus!) and Shadow of the Colossus.

Shadow of the Colossus was one of my top 3 games of all time.... so great.

I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough of Mass Effect 1, and then I'll give Demons Souls a really good once over.

I_eat_supermutants said:
Okay. I've been getting desperate and I really want to play Battletoads and Double Dragon again. I want the cart and a mid ninties t.v. to play it on. Got the t.v. but need the cart. SNES cart to be exact. I still value these games as the games that separates the gaming men from the gaming boys. My co-workers are complaining that they are too hard. My friend bought battle toads as a recommendation from me and now I showed him how to get past turbo tunnel. He still thinks it's too hard.

Anyways tangent over. I want any and ALL battletoad games for any and ALL consoles....'cept the Amiga version cause it blows.

Seriously. I love these games. :D

Errr Battletoads obviously from this drunken rant about somethin' or other.

I have played both Battletoads in Battlemaniacs and Battletoads and Double dragon for years, in fact I own the prior. And I think in the 12+ years I've been playing them, I don't think I have ever beaten the turbo tunnel in Battlemaniacs.... mayby once or twice, but for the most part, nope. *Hangs head in shame.*

Great games.

Ausdoerrt said:
PainlessDocM said:
Replaying S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (with complete mod*) while waiting for Call of Pripyat to ship..

*http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

How's that mod? What's it include? How's it compare to AMK/OL? I've never heard of this one, and the MODDB page offers precious little info...

Scroll down the page a little and you will see all the changes. . I haven't tried the mods you mentioned so I can't compare.

Below are the artists page (same info) and the Steam thread were the creator of the mod recently said CS "complete" is nearing completion:

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862481

^ Thanks for the info looks cool, I'll DL and try it out...

is what I want to say, but I didn't bring my STALKER CD with me. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I hardly play games anymore, I’m busy working on them (modding Fallout), but I have a desire to play Kingpin: Life of Crime again. On the hardest mode it was almost impossible to finish…actually I never did beat it on the hardest mode. That game was beautiful but nasty.

I'm playing IWBTG(I wanna be the guy) actually. Yeah, masochist game, but I've made it 3 bosses so far. I'm stuck with Zangief :( But I'll beat him someday!

Been playing through Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Well designed and balanced missions, enjoyable combat, slightly hard to learn controls and features that aren't hinted at in-game, moronic menu system.

If you like games like Ghost Recon you'll probably like this. Movement is a little clunkier compared to GRAW, switching weapons takes a lot of time. It's a little harder to hit and kill, but you also don't get killed with one shot as often before even spotting your enemy. Also, less city combat and lots more field operations alongside friendly forces or stealthier missions with just a squad of 4. Suppressive fire actually works :p

I like it a lot. There seems to be a bunch of fan made missions coming out as well.

I have this crazy feeling I should play through all 3 STALKER games in one sitting, except this time in Russian w/o all the stupid English localization errors. Suggest any good mods, esp. for SC? I tried the "Complete" Mod, but my PC isn't awesome enough to take full advantage of the GFX improvement.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!! There's a Ukrainian localization for all three STALKER games! Can't believe I was missing out! This should be hilarious.

I'm playing Call Of Pripyat now and I must say I'm impressed at how much more polished it seems compared to other STALKER games. Quest design seems a lot better too. Also, big maps with more interesting locations. It will probably turn out to be best vanilla STALKER game to date, this is definitely not Clear Sky.

So I'm waiting for that Assassin's Creed II game to come out on pc. I decided to pop some AC I on. Jesus Christ, how boring. I get it, it's great to see your character jump 8000 feet into a pile of hay. Over and over again.

Yuck.

I wouldn't get ACII on PC.

Apparently, Ubisoft is going to use their own proprietary DRM.

It's like Steam, only you have to be on the internet to play and disconnecting means you cannot play anymore.

It's quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard in the last couple of months.

Back