General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

generalissimofurioso said:
I wouldn't get ACII on PC.

Apparently, Ubisoft is going to use their own proprietary DRM.

It's like Steam, only you have to be on the internet to play and disconnecting means you cannot play anymore.

It's quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard in the last couple of months.

So does that mean I would have to deal with a shit-sucking program like steam was for the first couple of years?

generalissimofurioso said:
Exactly.

Apparently, Ubisoft wants to ruin everything.

I can't wait for the day when you have to assassinate some guy in the game with a special weapon that you have to pay for via DLC.

It's all fault of people who buy their games.

Epic 40000: Final Liberation
Armored Brigade
Operation Flashpoint.

Professor Danger! said:
So I'm waiting for that Assassin's Creed II game to come out on pc. I decided to pop some AC I on. Jesus Christ, how boring. I get it, it's great to see your character jump 8000 feet into a pile of hay. Over and over again.

Yuck.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Apparently everyone else seems to think it's beyond awesome no matter how many times you do it.

TBH, only a sneaking system like Thief or a combo system like Knights of the Temple could save the game from being a bore, but we got half-assed quick-time systems for both.

Ausdoerrt said:
Professor Danger! said:
So I'm waiting for that Assassin's Creed II game to come out on pc. I decided to pop some AC I on. Jesus Christ, how boring. I get it, it's great to see your character jump 8000 feet into a pile of hay. Over and over again.

Yuck.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Apparently everyone else seems to think it's beyond awesome no matter how many times you do it.

TBH, only a sneaking system like Thief or a combo system like Knights of the Temple could save the game from being a bore, but we got half-assed quick-time systems for both.

I would have preferred some originality in the game. You keep going back to the same city, "new" areas, sure. But you do the same stuff. And before you get to each city you have to do a nice slow horsey-ride that takes 45 minutes if you don't want the "law" to catch you. Although it seems like sometimes they do, regardless of if you're "blending" in or not.

The Thief games, imo, are far superior. Even Thief III. Well, maybe just "The Cradle" level. I loved that.

Maybe I should just play the Thief games again.

^ Well, the game obviously didn't want to be too RPG-ish, so I wasn't about to suggest more side-quest variety (saving every single citizen "in trouble" gets old FAST), although it'd certainly help. I think their problem was that they couldn't decide if the game was to be an action game or a stealth game, and ended up developing neither. It could've been a Thief-like game, or it could've been epic sword-swinging in medieval setting.

I was playing BioShock 2, but it still has that fucking horrendous autosave from the first one where it only saves at the beginning of a section, chapter or whatever. On top of that, it likes to crash every 1-2 hours for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled with autosaves that are, you know, useful, but it's really irritating. It's also very homogeneous to the first game, though the combat is a bit more dynamic. I'm shelving it, and I really regret getting it. Huge letdown for me.

^

Same.
I've beat it the 3rd time, now it's time for the last difficulty level. It's not my style of gaming though. I'm more into analyzing etc. But this game keeps me playing and playing and playing etc.

Surf Solar said:
^

Same.
I've beat it the 3rd time, now it's time for the last difficulty level. It's not my style of gaming though. I'm more into analyzing etc. But this game keeps me playing and playing and playing etc.

Wow. I'm such a loser. It's probably going to take me months to get through this game. Stupid life.

Leon said:
I was playing BioShock 2, but it still has that fucking horrendous autosave from the first one where it only saves at the beginning of a section, chapter or whatever. On top of that, it likes to crash every 1-2 hours for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled with autosaves that are, you know, useful, but it's really irritating. It's also very homogeneous to the first game, though the combat is a bit more dynamic. I'm shelving it, and I really regret getting it. Huge letdown for me.

That's a pity, i really enjoyed it. Story was a little unusual (Read: I was weirded out initially), but by the end i was sucked in pretty good once i got into it.

That said, i had no stability issues and i know as well as the next guy how much that can turn someone off a game, plus i'm a compulsive saver, so the Auto save didn't phase me.

I'm not sure what could be causing the crashes. No other titles that I've played recently have such issues. I was getting really wrapped up in it, but the last time it crashed I lost over an hour's worth of progress and the aftertaste of that was too sour for me to want to keep playing. Glad you enjoy it, though. It is better than the first one, if hardly evolved in the gameplay department.

Leon said:
I'm not sure what could be causing the crashes. No other titles that I've played recently have such issues. I was getting really wrapped up in it, but the last time it crashed I lost over an hour's worth of progress and the aftertaste of that was too sour for me to want to keep playing. Glad you enjoy it, though. It is better than the first one, if hardly evolved in the gameplay department.

Could try reinstall graphics drivers or reinstall the game i suppose. Sucks that its unstable for you =(. The new hacking and research is much improved on the old system.

I just finished Downfall. The horror point-and-click indie game created by 2 guys. What a great game. I encourage everyone to check it out. The story is simply amazing. The game is really creepy, I tell ya.

I tried to play Dante's Inferno, everything started off fine but then it all went straight to Hell.

I'm not being cute either.

Well I am, but I'm not so...

Just don't buy it is what I'm saying.

sydney_roo said:
I just finished Downfall. The horror point-and-click indie game created by 2 guys. What a great game. I encourage everyone to check it out. The story is simply amazing. The game is really creepy, I tell ya.

Is this new or old. I've never heard of it. Well, except for the amazing film with the same name.

Back