General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I find Timesplitters 2 the best as the maps and gamemodes are more fun. Timesplitters: FP is still very good though, a shame more games don't use the aiming style.
Oddly there is the original Timesplitters at the charity shop where I work but I don't have a PS2.

Just kinda fading in and out of Final Fantasy XIII right now. No real strong opinion of it yet except it's pretty and the main character doesn't whine like most in the past have. I guess that's a bonus and I'm still not sure what compelled me to even get it. Haven't really sat down and played one since early puberty.
EDIT: Also currently watching my girlfriend play Wet and watching her face turn that special kind of red when she's really fuckin' frustrated. Also didn't know it was a Bethesda Slopworks game. Looks pretty mediocre and sloppy. It's like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time without the polish and fluid pretty animation.

Played and beat Dante's Inferno, though it couldn't have been further from the book it was an entertaining little game.

I'm somewhat stuck between Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 right now though.

Though I did not like Borderlands at first I have given it another try.

I just finished the main campaign and am now busy with The Zombie Island of Dr Ned.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Though I did not like Borderlands at first I have given it another try.

I just finished the main campaign and am now busy with The Zombie Island of Dr Ned.

I really really REALLY enjoyed Bortherlands. Haven't played any of the expansions though. Gonna give The Zombie Island a try sometime later when i am finished with Wolfenstein.

PainlessDocM said:
waiting for the expansion pack to (finally) arrive on pc ..

Is it confirmed? I borrowed my friend's 360 and finished Ballad of Gay Tony not long ago. Liked it a lot but also couldn't help but think how much better it could have been on PC, I'd be very glad if this port was made. Shooting with gamepad was very annoying, it's so much more fun with keyboard/mouse, shit, even driving is somehow better with keyboard/mouse, because of how much easier it is turning the camera around.

Got around to finally beating Fallout 3 for the first time ever. Still have all the DLCs except for The Pitt to get through.

It's just a very...average game. Not sure how it did so well, with all the awards and whatnot.

Taking a break from it for awhile and playing various NES games. Ah, nothing like blowing into a cartridge for an hour to play a game.

Hello Astiaks and Professor Danger!,

I have just finished The Zombie Island of Dr Ned and have now started on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

While I am not really a big fan of Borderlands I have to say that Gearbox did a lot more effort on its expansions so far than Bethesda did with any of their five DLCs for Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 is average as both a RPG game and a FPS game while Borderlands is what it advertises itself to be, a free roaming FPS game that is mostly focused on running around and shooting things without much in the way of story telling.

Even for the budget prices they were sold the DLCs of Fallout 3 were still a waste, especially Mothership Zeta.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hello Astiaks and Professor Danger!,

I have just finished The Zombie Island of Dr Ned and have now started on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

While I am not really a big fan of Borderlands I have to say that Gearbox did a lot more effort on its expansions so far than Bethesda did with any of their five DLCs for Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 is average as both a RPG game and a FPS game while Borderlands is what it advertises itself to be, a free roaming FPS game that is mostly focused on running around and shooting things without much in the way of story telling.

Even for the budget prices they were sold the DLCs of Fallout 3 were still a waste, especially Mothership Zeta.

I heard that Point Lookout was pretty good. Although not really "Fallout". Yeah, and the whole idea of Zeta is pretty stupid.

I'll have to check out Borderlands. It looked pretty fun and sometimes just shooting crap is good fun.

Hello Professor Danger!,

Point Lookout might have been something interesting but it turned out average IMO as despite having a map there was barely anything of interest placed in it.

Barely any NPCs to interact with and almost all of them forgettable with perhaps the exception of Desmond and Professor Calvert but Desmond felt out of place.

I also rather disliked the 'Hills have eyes' mutant inbred hillbillies that have no place in Maryland.

A couple of days ago I was talking with Generalisimo Furioso about Borderlands.
Its theme is rather different from Fallout, having more in common with Mad Max.

Society on the planet Pandora wasn't as much destroyed but rather crumbled and eroded away when Dahl Corporation, the main financiers of the colonization effort pulled out and released its prisoner work force to fend for themselves.

Only a few vestiges of civilization remained such as New Haven, T Bone Junction, and Sanctuary while the rest of the planet collapsed into anarchy.

Closest thing to true destruction was the situation in Jacob's Cove but that might actually be a made up story by one of the characters in Borderlands to tell a group of children.

Juggling Dark Messiah, Red Alert 3, Gothic 1/2, Diablo, Drakan, Freelancer and C&C Generals.

Was going to get the DA:O expansion, but I came to the conclusion that I've already played the damned vanilla game to death, and have little interest in coming back to it. They probably should have released it sooner before everyone moved on to something else.

They probably should have released it sooner before everyone moved on to something else.

Oh no, you fell victim to the current ADHD gaming habits! Although frankly it's BW's own fault for making a game with 0 lasting appeal.

I've been playing a bit Dawn of Magic. Damn, either I'm getting rusty or the game's too hard. I keep getting gangraped T__T

Bought the just released Gobliiins pack from Gog and am enjoy the third one.
Good old crazy mind bending game.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gobliiins_pack

gobliiins_01.gif

Because I oddly wanted to play a new JRPG again and didn't want to buy FFXIII, I bought "Lost Odyssey" and am really surprised. This is a really good game, especially if you liked the combat system in FFX. Feels very good.

I also bought Metro 2033 - again surprise. Because usually I don't like FPS, but this one is good.

Finished up Mass Effect 2, it was pretty fun. Started off with more Renegade choices, but like in the first game, I ended up with more Paragon by the end, for whatever reasons.

Replaced my old decaing cd-roms with that Fallout trilogy pack. Playing through Fallout, waiting for that restoration thing for Fallout 2. Then most likely Fallout Tactics.

I'm just so damn bored with newer games. Didn't finish ME2 or DA:O or Risen. I liked them all at first, then it just went downhill. There were some new games I wanted to check out. Like Assassin's Creed II. But i'm going to wait. I won't pay over $50 for some stupid DRM thing. Maybe i'll wait until it's $19.99 in a year or two.

Well someone handed in the PC version of Final Fantasy VIII to the charity shop where I work which I'll give a try.
Had it on the playstation and cheated so I didn't have to use the horrible drawing mechanic but screwed up around the missile base and couldn't be arsed to go on.
Also had the pc version of FF VII years back but lost it, the last disc was scratched to heck anyway.

Back