General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Puokki

Puokki Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 4, 2008
    Ain't that the truth, unfortunately.

2. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    That game made me spend points/money on getting the WWI Tommy avatar clothing it was so awesome. :oops:

I love how you can defy physiques with cannon shells. 8-)

3. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
  4. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, so i'm replaying Fallout 3....

I dunno, i kinda enjoy the exploration bits. I dislike the game in general, i hate the atrocious NPC's, the lack of role playing and how it rapes the canon, but i think that's one thing that this game managed to get right.

A reflection came upon me, though. How come people call VATS god-mode? I seriously don't get that. I'm having a super easy time raping all kinds of shit with a hunting rifle without using VATS even once. I'm level 15 now and haven't gotten once to below half my health bar. In fact, i'm having an easier time shooting without that gimmicky bullshit mode. This game is ridiculous easy in it's vanilla form.

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    so it means some people got their e-penis cut off ? How lovely :D

6. Hoxie

Hoxie King Queer oTO Orderite

May 19, 2008
    Oh I know right, if we could really make shells dead stop like that, I'd make them stop right before hitting someone, with a cliche little remark written on it, then bam. :P

7. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    I'm playing Borderlands, 3rd playthrough. Kickass game, let me tell you.

I'm also trying an "evil melee doctor" in Fallout 1... feels weird...

8. FrattBorrigan

FrattBorrigan It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 5, 2008
    FOnline

and

Red War

9. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    I'll be playing my gf in about...twenty minutes. After that, maybe a little sleep.

Other than that, still Co8/ToEE. Fun game.

10. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    Last night I gave my buddy a ride home from work. A week prior to that we discussed my buying his super Nintendo from him. He said $40 and I said that's fair for a good condition Super. He said he had three games with it. Super Mario World, Super Mario All Stars and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I said fuckin' eh that's awesome. Little did I know he threw in his collection. A few smelly turds but now I can say I own Zombies At My Neighbors and Blackthorne. Two games I wanted for years now but never been able to find for a fair price. So right now I am playing Zombies At My Neighbors. Good times from when I was a kid and I'd rent it from good ol' Adventureland Video for $3 in quarters.

Nostalgia rules but is dangerous.

11. SharkClub

SharkClub Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
  12. Tremer

Tremer It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 5, 2010
    awesome game, but turn difficult fast.

13. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    Halo: Reach beta. All I have to say is this: Motherfuckin jetpacks awww yeah.

14. Hoxie

Hoxie King Queer oTO Orderite

May 19, 2008
    I pretty much hated Halo 3 for the best part, but Reach actually looks promising. I like the general class system, removal of the battle rifle is a plus, some new weapons and abilities seem nice.

Overall, I'm actually hoping for Reach to be fun.

On topic though, playing Bioshock 2 right now, a good little way through it, trying to just get it finished up.

15. clercqer

clercqer Senator oTO Orderite

Feb 14, 2005
    Because you play WoW? Or because you can't get your character to 80? 8-)

16. KristofferAG

KristofferAG First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2009
    Warning Forever.

Can't really play any other games while in class.

17. SharkClub

SharkClub Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    I assume because I'm playing WoW.

And I'm working on getting my char to 80, y'know. :wink: Group I just had for Mana Tombs were a bunch of foreigners, 0/10 for party communication.

18. Dario ff

Dario ff Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 19, 2008
    Correction, you NEED to get your character to 80 just to get on with your life.

19. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite Board Cop oTO

Nov 9, 2008
    It's been a long time since I played rally games, so I bought some pack on steam with several racing games.

Right now I'm playing Dirt 2. So, wow. Somewhere along the road they've managed to turn a great rally game into a more retarded version of Burnout. The menu system is such a painfully stupid console port, and I have to listen to X-games teens tell me what to do in a rally game. In Rally Cross, the drivers you hit with your car somehow manage to comment about it. And all of them sound like Striker on Crash FM. God damn it. Where's my full WRC campaign?

Maybe I should uninstall this and see if Dirt 1 is any more true to it's roots.

20. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    Replaying Arcanum after a very long break from it. Forgot how great of a game it is.