General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I_eat_supermutants said:
Thinking about getting STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. Worth it? Any good? Any windows 7 conflicts?

Oh I have a computer that can play games now btw.
Just needs a beefier video card.

Re-edit: Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines=Windows 7 compatibility issues?
SoC didn’t have any Win7 iſſues.
It’s definitely worth it, if you uſe ſome mods. Oblivion Loſt 2.0 mod is a definitive muſt. It makes the game ſo much more enjoyable... And if you want ſome better graphics, there are quite a few graphic enhancements out there that are compatible to OL2.0.

I only had a demo of Vampires once, I think it worked fine. Maybe compatibility mode.

GameBiz 3

I was having a hell of a time surviving on medium, so I've had to ratchet it down to easy. I've about seven hit games among the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 , as well as a hit on the SNES with another on the way. I may begin development on a system. The game is still a bit buggy, but fun regardless.

If you don't want to pay for GameBiz 3, give GameBiz 2 a try - it's free.

658046ca3605861027-942952_95310_front.jpg.jpg

It's great ... as a new feature you can build your own Deathstar (called Terrorstar! Awesome!) Certainly a better buy than Civ V!

Tried playing Fallout: New vegas to do some of the quests that i had missed during my first playthrough but i eventually gave up. The ps3 version is still a bug fest! great game though.

right now i am playing Sacred 2. Nothing special, but still good if you just want some mindless hack n slash game.

Thinking of what to do with 60 bucks of Christmas money and 1600 Microsoft Points. Think I might buy a new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get the Vietnam expansion.

Any other suggestions?

I just got done playing the campaign of Bad Company 2, cheesy but entertaining, gorgeous game though, did not know the graphics were that good. Picked it up for like $6 on Steam, along with about four other games, waiting to see what the new sales are for today in about 30 min.

Steam is amazing but it also pisses me off when these sales come around, I buy all these games and get irked when I realize I have absolutely no time to play this many. When something that is regular $40 is marked down to $8 though it is extremely hard to pass up.

OakTable said:
Thinking of what to do with 60 bucks of Christmas money and 1600 Microsoft Points. Think I might buy a new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get the Vietnam expansion.

Any other suggestions?

The multiplayer is the best there is in my opinion. I haven't had so much fun since goldeneye 64. The main campaign however is forgettable compared to the first game.

OakTable said:

Any other suggestions?

BFBC2 is a fun game, and a good choice.

I'd also recommend Divinity 2 DKS if they have that, and if you like that style of game.

BC2 is great especially the multiplayer. I can't go back to Call of Duty now. I'm going to pick up the Nam expansion soon as well!

Finally got New Vegas, haven't gotten far yet but I like the feel of it so far.

Also got Medal of Honor on PS3, it came with Frontline which was my favorite FPS on PS2. Haven't played that much either.

Playing GOLDENEYE 007 WII

It's built on the same engine as Call of Duty but the campaign gameplay isn't the same...(hooray)

Multiplayer is almost identical to COD....(still fun though)

Playing Bad Company 2, picked it up for 6 quid as well on Steam and playing through the campaign before trying multiplayer and the 'Nam expansion. Hopefully my cold should be gone by then so I can shoot straight.

Still on my first playthrogh of FNV, and I'm constantly playing OGame...
Guess I'll start playing Dragon Age, once I get it for Xmas.

Re-playing Divinity 2, this time as the Dragon Knight Saga edition; the new flying fortresses are crazy, and I'm looking forward to the addon content.

The whole series is damn awesome (except maybe the awkward Beyond divinity), and I'm sad that it gets a lot less credit than it deserves. It beats the crap out of most modern action-RPGs.

Got Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition. Essentially I get VIP maps, Onslaught mode, and Battlefield: 1943. Not too bad. Gonna get the Vietnam expansion after I finish installing all these updates.

Also, is there anyway to make the text less tiny on my TV? EA has a habit of making really tiny fonts visible only in HD.

Sadly nope. SDTV's can't render the font properly and they never add a font scale option.

Also can see what Yahtzee means by the amount of dust in BC:2. Saying that the mission where you drive a jeep through a snowy mountain path is one of the funnest missions I never saw. :V

Back