General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I played through all of Doom 3 in four days. Now mind you I was playing on Recruit which is easy mode.

I liked it alot. Although in retrospect it's more like a survival horror than an action game. I got alot more scared in Doom 3 than I ever did in Doom, but I had alot more "running/screaming" action in Doom and alot less in Doom 3. I think they relied too much on small, unlit passages and not enough on large, lighted arena type areas where you'd fight a dozen enemies at once. Doom 3 I think was probably as fun just in a different way. I'll also never forget the graphics...also the enemies that were intelligent enough to attack you from the dark if you shined your flashlight at them, but if you didn't they would wait for you to leave with your back to them then come out and attack you from behind. I remember one time I walked into a dark corner without shining my flashlight there first. I noticed two faint glowing white lights hovering in the air in front of me...just the right size and distance apart to be eyes. I lifted my light and there was a zombie just standing there! Of course this alerted him and made him attack, but that was scary.

Now it's back to Warcraft 3 on Battlenet for competitive 1v1, DotA, and some observation discussions.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I actually reinstalled Morrowind and fired it up with 20 or so mods. Quite amazed at the abundance of quality mods for the game. Faces, bodies, textures all have very good upgrade packages, and there are some interesting gameplay changes (though the only thing I installed that of much consequence in that area was a mod that puts in off-hand weapons for blocking rather than relying exclusively on shields... fits the stealthy, skilled in small-blades character I love more than carrying a bulky shield around).

Well, now I'm done with Bioshock for the third time.

So now I was thinking. Play some old games.

Super Metroid, Act Raiser, maybe some R-Type.

Don't know just yet. Metroid seems to be the contender for this little bout in my mind.

Started Sam & Max Hit the Road again. Brilliant game.
Also, I haven't played Fallout for quite some time now, I think it's time to right that wrong.

I've been playing Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic with a couple of friends. It's a very nice turnbased strategy game.

Edit: I just noticed I wrote "turnbased RTS"... which doesn't make much sense.

Wr4i7h said:
I've been playing Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic with a couple of friends.
What? You mean I'm not the only person in the universe who knows and loves AoW:SM? Insanity. :shock:

Well, there's a community here, making mods and competitions. I don't know how active it is, but hey, it's something.

It's a shame that they won't be making any more games like this.

-Bioshock
-System Shock 2 ( can't play for more than half an hour at the time though...It still scares the shit out of me :? )
-Worms Armageddon on Wormsnet
-Half Life 2 deathmatch

SuAside said:
censored in what way?
There is less blood(both in cinematics and game) then the uncut version,you cant chop of the body parts and it seems there are some missing stuff when you are dealing with the little sisters.i haven't seen all the details myself , and honestly don't know how much the difference is since i have only played the english demo of the game .

You cannot chop the body parts in Bioshock, regardless of the version. I do not want to spoil anything but you cannot kill the little sisters directly either and for a very precise reason so I do not think that the german version is censored.

MrBumble said:
You cannot chop the body parts in Bioshock, regardless of the version. I do not want to spoil anything but you cannot kill the little sisters directly either and for a very precise reason so I do not think that the german version is censored.
If thats the case then fuggit ...i just might go and buy it .

Just beat Bio Shock. Great game.

MILD SPOILER IN BLACK BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ending right before it goes into FMV is one of the best/most distrubing I have ever seen. Definitly a thumbs up. The FMV ending for being evil is... meh

My friends and I have been playing quite a bit of Civ 4 BTS over the net, that has been a lot of fun.

They only down side is that they are wusses and won't let me have barbarians...

Von Drunky said:
Just installed Bloodlines with the 4.1 fan made patch.
i played it with the unoffical 3.9 patch and it was ok.what are the differences between the two ?

Back