General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

No idea haven't had a chance to play yet, this is the first time im using any mod for the game but heres what the Read me looks like:

Snip! This is not the "Post your giant Vampire patch readme" thread. -Per

thanks ! ..you know ..thats one hell of a long list mate ,you could have sent me a pm or at least posted the link here :mrgreen:

I would be playing a nicely modified version of Rome: Total War, if I could get my damn scripts to work! All this frustration over a damn button! ONE BUTTON!

Actually, no I change my mind, two buttons. Those conniving watchtowers are out to uglify my lands!

So I'm playing Medieval II: Total War instead. And I really hate anyone who has the expansion pack because I deserve it more than you!

Anyways, to anyone who has played Kingdoms: are Heroes of Christendom back yet? I want to canonize my martyrs, damn it!

My longest winning streak in Freecell is now 135 games. I'm going to try to wrap up my Magic mod.

I put a little Sacrifice document on my guide page, which might possibly interest MrBumble who mentions Sacrifice about as often as I mention Wasteland.

Vault 13 said:
thanks ! ..you know ..thats one hell of a long list mate ,you could have sent me a pm or at least posted the link here :mrgreen:

I guess i could have, but i already had the notepad open. idk some members cant receive pm for some odd reason.

I've been playing original Doom, Contra, Street Fighter 2, and Gauntlet on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Yes. I spent 400$ on a gaming machine, and the only games I'm playing on it are from the 80's and 90's.

And yes, it is extremely fun playing these old games in online Co-Op mode.

Arch Lord and Counter Strike : CZ ... I have both games running at the same time and there is no lag, no fuss.

Finished Half-Life 2. Meh. I'm still playing FEAR hoping to get startled like I did while playing the demo, but still nothing.
I've also finished Fallout and started Fallout 2 yesterday.
And, last but not least, I'm gonna get my hands on Bioshock somewhere during this week, hopefully.

Halo Combat Evolved for the PC. :oops: Yeah I was bored and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. :roll:

Star Trek Legacy for the 360, again boredom and I needed a new Star Trek fix. I've only played the tutorial, tell me it gets better? Please? Pretty please?

And the pc version is meant to be even worse? Oh boy. :shock:

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
Halo Combat Evolved for the PC. :oops: Yeah I was bored and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. :roll:

I had that for a while ended up giving it away, would much rather play Quake 3 Arena any day of the week.

Hey, just keep in mind this was the launch game for the XBox, and isn't exactly new. Also, it was the first console FPS game actually worth a damn. Some things don't hold up as well in the face of game development since then, but much does. The story especially, if you really pay attention, is better than most you'll encounter in an FPS.

Bah... just don't want another Halo detractor, as most hate it just because it's popular. If it wasn't as popular, most wouldn't be so adamant about pointing out its flaws. It ain't perfect (then again neither was Fallout), but it's a very enjoyable game... if you like FPSs, of course.

As for me... Halo 2 on legendary, and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. Yes, I know, but cut me some slack. I actually enjoy the arcadey volleyball action, and some of the other games are entertaining. The visuals certainly don't hurt, of course (although I don't like the gravity-defying breasts, oddly enough... they're just a bit too gravity-defying sometimes; c'mon developers (also looking at you, Soul Calibur people), breasts just don't bounce like that, even when they are that big!).

It's not too bad, well that's what I think which is why I used the oops smilely. Even without making allowances for the age and that it's a port. Considering some of the bashing the pc versions have got I was expecting a lot worse. Hell at least it's better than Legacy. ;)

Overall the graphics are nice though the human models are slightly naff, even for 2001. I did get a sense of deja vu though, on board the covenant ship the colour scheme and transparent (holo?) monitors/interfaces reminded me a lot of one of the alien ships in Star Trek Elite Force.

Overall the graphics are nice though the human models are slightly naff, even for 2001.
I'll give you that. With the exception of the Master Chief, the human models are oddly "naff" (not exactly sure what that means, I think I get the idea though), especially compared to everything else. Strangely enough, they did even worse with Halo 2, as far as the human faces were concerned, even as everything else got prettier for the most part. I hope they've finally remedied that in Halo 3.
I did get a sense of deja vu though, on board the covenant ship the colour scheme and transparent (holo?) monitors/interfaces reminded me a lot of one of the alien ships in Star Trek Elite Force.
The Covenant ship was probably my least favorite level in Halo. Too much repetition in design (and colors, of course), and there was never any feel that any of the rooms or much of anything had any purpose, outside of the drop ship bays. Outdoor levels rocked though.

It's not just the faces but the proportions as well. They don't look right, Master Chief and Cortana seem the only two properly proportioned.

I've only reached Shafted, but my only gripe so far (other than the general one about saving or lack of) is only two weapons. Now I don't want to carry everything and the kitchen sink around but if you've got a rifle on your back and one in your hands surely you could have a pistol on your hip as back up? Hopefully they've addressed this?

Kyuu said:
Hey, just keep in mind this was the launch game for the XBox, and isn't exactly new. Also, it was the first console FPS game actually worth a damn.
Goldeneye or Perfect Dark ring a bell?

Sander said:
Ah damn, caught me there. I even played 4-player split-screen Goldeneye with my friends every damn weekend throughout junior high. Dunno how I forgot about it. Never played Perfect Dark, don't remember hearing much acclaim about it.

Let me revise that to one of the first.

Sander said:
Kyuu said:
Hey, just keep in mind this was the launch game for the XBox, and isn't exactly new. Also, it was the first console FPS game actually worth a damn.
Probably one of the fewest times i liked you sander !
Goldeneye was one of the most influential FPS games of all time .

as for me...damn ,my pc is packed and i am moving.i wont be playing any games for 2 weeks i guess.

Kyuu said:
Ah damn, caught me there. I even played 4-player split-screen Goldeneye with my friends every damn weekend throughout junior high. Dunno how I forgot about it. Never played Perfect Dark, don't remember hearing much acclaim about it.

Let me revise that to one of the first.
Perfect Dark was the sequel to Goldeneye, although it lacked the James Bond theme. Great game, especially in multiplayer, although I think the single-player of Goldeneye was better.

Sander said:
Perfect Dark was the sequel to Goldeneye, although it lacked the James Bond theme. Great game, especially in multiplayer, although I think the single-player of Goldeneye was better.
No,Perfect Dark wasn't the sequel to Goldeneye .it was the spiritual successor to Goldeneye .

Back