General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

though why would you want to get more levels ? By the time you hit level 30 with a bit of carefully choosen skills you should be already somewhat a demi-god in the wasteland.

Sure I am, but I don't know. Reaching level limit kills the will for looking under every rock in the wastes...

though why would you want to get more levels ? By the time you hit level 30 with a bit of carefully choosen skills you should be already somewhat a demi-god in the wasteland.

What the game needs is not more levels, but a more balanced XP progression. Arcanum had the exact same problem.

The Combatribes mother fuckers. I don't know why but this game is more visceral than most beat em' ups I've played. More than Final Fight, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe etc etc. The music is sooooo awesome and catchy. I do catch myself humming them at work from time to time. Too bad it's sooo damn short though.

EDIT: It also satisfies my urge to beat the living shit out of a certain clown worshiping group....you know the ones I mean

I_eat_supermutants said:
EDIT: It also satisfies my urge to beat the living shit out of a certain clown worshiping group....you know the ones I mean

Wait, I can't tell if you mean the Insane Clown Posse, any number of major religions, or even certain political factions! Help!

Ausdoerrt said:

What the game needs is not more levels, but a more balanced XP progression. Arcanum had the exact same problem.

Yeah, that would be more like it.

Replaying UFO: Enemy Unknown at the moment and since it's been awhile since I played it I get my ass handed even on the lowest difficulty. Goddammit. :look:

Sim City 4

Fun for an hour? Yes!
Repetitive? Yes!
Anything exciting to offer? No!
Still playing it? Yes!

I used to play one of the Sim City games in school during free time in computer class. They sounded like such a boring concept, but it gets you hooked. Snood was the same way.

Never played a Sim City game, but borrowed them millions of times, and still never installed them, every time because of some stupid, absurd reason.
Should I keep going with this tradition?

I am playing "The Dream Machine", a beautiful browser-based claymation point and click adventure.

It's on sale right now.

http://www.thedreammachine.se/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRdOO_cKE5w&feature=related[/youtube]

get.screenshot.php

DSC_2432.JPG

After my Steam Holiday Sale shopping spree, I'm left with 13 new games to pass my time with.

Right now I'm playing "Mount and Blade: Warband" (great sandbox action/rpg), "King Arthur - The Role-Playing Wargame" (looks and plays like a mix between Heroes of Might and Magic and Medieval: Total War, and even has a few quests with various good/evil choices and distinct consequences), "X3: Terran Conflict" (sci-fi space exploration/trading/combat game, rather difficult to play but great once you get the hang of it) and the occasional Team Fortress 2 online match.

Currently spending most of my time with Civ5. I've heard that Civ4 with both expansions is the better game (more complex) but I'm having a blast with 5, the first Civ game I've played since 2 with all of the expansions. 4 is on my list to get and play.

I'm also working on Batman: Arkham Asylum. Very fun game with too many collectibles (should have kept it to the puzzles) but not as addicting as Civilization.

I've also played a decent amount of Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition. I've enjoyed what I've played but I feel like I haven't wrapped my head around the strategy very well.

Last but not least, I have the Witcher which I haven't installed yet.

Back