General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Currently playing: none.

However when the holydays arrive I want to play some NWN2 MotB amd the witcher.

Great games so I hear!

Well, I am now playing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

It's got some new features that're okay. Like actual voice acting, though it's not super by any means. Well another downside would be that sometimes the little Wii has problems loading certain areas. Waiting two minutes for a door to open isn't fun. However, I do find that the exploration is a lot funner than the first Metroid Prime. It feels a little more like Super Metroid (it being my favorite in the series).

Only other gripe would be the recycling of weapons needs to stop. Everything new would be cool. I've seen what everything does 10 times before but that's a minor wish I guess.

All in all. Kinda fun, good distraction. Still a little low on the production. Alls I say from Nintendo is, orchestral. Let's get some good music and no more recycling of MIDI sounding stuff. Maybe they should look at Valve and HL series.

At the moment I play the new NFS ProStreet (PS2).
I was very very enthused if I played the game on the first days.
Now I´m disappointed from it: the balance sucks hard,
Boring auto sculpt feature, the races are boring after a short while......... :roll:
Well Carbon was much better, also Most Wanted.
ProStreet isn´t really very bad, it must be just fixed with 4-5 patches...

Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel without a pulse

Funny game, but to much console-thing for me. :/

Dominions 3, Turn Based Strategy, graphics you'd expect from the early '90s but it's mechanics are immense (hundreds of units and spells make the game almost completely customizable, if only they could expand a bit on the region modification and upgrades it would be perfect if you ask me!)

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, The Witcher, good old StarCraft, Eschalon, Sacred, and trying to get into Gothic's controls.

Mass Effect..........

I'm actually enjoying myself. Maybe it wasn't a giant shitstain after all.

I didn't had internet for a while, so i caved in and started playing Pokemon Fire Red. Again.

I discovered it's a lot more immersive than Oblivion. HAHhahahahahahahaha. Take that, Bethesda. Take it up the pokedex. Ok, so maybe i not as much discovered it, since i knew it a long time ago already, but i feel bitchy.

On that note, i think Magnemites are homosexuals. I mean, to form Magneton, the three of them just kinda sticks up together. There's a whole lot of electricity going on there. ZAP ZAP. I swear they look at me through beyond, with their big, never blinking eyes.

*whimper*

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights. Some thoughts:

* Everyone's hair is a jelly blob wobbling on top of their head. It was also a bit jarring at first that no one's face animates as they're talking, but everyone constantly sort of wiggles their head, maybe trying to dislodge the blob. But you get used to it (i.e. learn to keep the camera zoomed out). Oh, and their fidget animations can come off as really strange in the middle of a grave conversation before you realize it's not scripted.

* Whoever voiced Aribeth should be shot and quartered. She somehow manages to sound pompous, whiny and shrill one after the other so you just can't help thinking she must be utterly insane and everyone else is mad for looking up to her.

* Dialogue is overall a bit flat, with lots of characters having the exact same dialogue structure and often giving the exact same information with minor variations. In true Bioware style, important nodes typically come with the options:<blockquote>1. Yes, of course I will gladly and humbly serve, without asking for pay, because that is what I do, I live to serve, and do random good stuff, out of goodness and being good.
2. You dare to give me a quest, bitch? Choke on this spiked gauntlet, because that's what I do, I kill kids and kittens, and then I rape them, IN THE BUTT, haha.
3. I might be interested but I'll need to know what the pay is. I don't care whether you're telling me to save the world or run off on an irresponsible and random jaunt, I'm a bit of a bastard like that even though the incidental treasure will probably be worth some 15,000 gp and NO 150 GP IS TOO LITTLE I WANT 300. HEY DON'T YOU RECOGNIZE NEUTRALITY WHEN YOU SEE IT.</blockquote>* I like the ways you can customize your character and the D&D system is implemented in greater detail than in Icewind Dale II. This is pretty much what I had hoped for in Divine Divinity, which had lots of options but only a few viable paths.

* Combat is a bit off though - for instance, you can invoke an attack of opportunity just by clicking to attack an enemy and walking up to it. And it's pretty much impossible to use movement effectively in combat since you can never tell what's adjacent to what or if a move that would have worked in turn-based with a clearly defined grid will give you any advantage at all.

Oracle said:
Currently playing: none.

Great games so I hear!

neverwinter nights 2 and great... those words dont go together

For Per I'd just like to say that the NWN1 OC is very shitty, and I wouldn't recommend going through it.

Before you leave in disgust however, I'd really suggest you check out some player made modules for the game. There are some really nice and interesting ones there. Almraiven and Tales of Arterra (several parts) are two of my favourites.

Great games so I hear!

NWN2 itself is mediocre, MotB is very good. I'd rank it quite high on my top RPG list.

Personally I'm playing Call of Duty 4 a bit. The best part of it was the adrenalinefilled gameplay before you got used to it. I think I swallowed my tounge towards the end of the first mission (though it's obviously heavily scripted)
Once you do get used to it, the game is not as good. Still, enjoyable game no doubt.

img0997ob7.jpg

finally !

Back