General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

PC: C&C Tiberian Wars Kane Edition (play it since last week
the first time, and it's much better than I thought)

PS2: Smackdown Vs Raw 2008

Replaying The Witcher now.
I found out that the reason the game was choppy on my computer was not related to my video card at all and the culprit was really my retarded Pentium 4 3.2 GHz. Some overclocking did the trick and now I'm running it on max video settings with awesome framerates (well, except for the Trade Quarter). That, coupled with the new patch and 1eyedking's (HoKa's) dialogue fix means that there's a party in my pants and you're all invited.

Oh, and I'm also playing some Dystopia, but not so much with the panty party.

Just finished planescape torment for the first time (I'd played it before, but got frustrated and stopped), and about mid way through Lionheart. Anybody got any suggestions for games similar to Torment, story/quality of text wise?

verwandlung said:
Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth, a post nuclear adventure

Ahh thats My first CD-Rom I got (with goblins 3)
Great point and click adventures!!

Playing now. Dragon quest 8

atm im playing some planescape torment, its not as good as baulders gate thats for sure, i played it and got like a quarter through it 2 years ago but then i got stuck.

Bookworm Adventures!

It might not seem like much, but it's terribly entertaining.

cody92 said:
HoKa said:
Hay guyz! Ehem.

Is Morrowind worth a play?
nope

Whoah, there.

Only depends on what you want from a game. Choice and consequence? No clear "black & white, good & evil" lines in the game? A very involving and unique storyline? More "rp" than "g"? Than don't play Morrowind, because it has none of the above.

However, it is an interesting exploratory game, it offers a quite big gaming world, with lots of stuff to do, and if you just want to go around, do quests, get shiny new items etc, give it a go. There's also a whole dang lot of cool mods for it.

I did not approach the game, demanding a unique role playing experience, and it didn't disappoint me, on the contrary, it provided many hours of entertainment. Don't expect miracles out of it.

With the risk of breaking the rules of the thread,
played (past tense) and finished Monkey Island 1-3 during the holidays for old times sake, and I can warmly recommend it to anyone.

Even got my little brother to play through monkey island 3 in three days.

What sparked my sudden raised from the grave interest was "Beneath a steel sky" (Monkey island meets Paranoia) that was mentioned somewhere on these forums. Finished it a few weeks ago and I loved it. It's freeware these days.

Now it's time for Sam & Max Hits the Road...

I've just finished playing Planescape: Torment for the second time. It is my favorite game and it has been more than a few years since I played it for the first time. I'll probably start playing The Witcher or Mask of the Betrayer later today, I'm not sure yet which one I'll play first.

Madbringer said:
Whoah, there.

Only depends on what you want from a game. Choice and consequence? No clear "black & white, good & evil" lines in the game? A very involving and unique storyline? More "rp" than "g"? Than don't play Morrowind, because it has none of the above.

However, it is an interesting exploratory game, it offers a quite big gaming world, with lots of stuff to do, and if you just want to go around, do quests, get shiny new items etc, give it a go. There's also a whole dang lot of cool mods for it.
Half-baked RPG elements in a game designed (sold) with role playing in mind is not my idea of fun.

I have a feeling the role playing mechanics will get in the way of the exploring part, and the role playing mechanics in the way of the role playing.

Playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
So far having alot of fun outside of the 1940's. The weapons are cool and the scene with the nuke...I really felt sad after that...

Back