General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

HoKa said:
Ravager69 said:
I myself play Call of Duty 4 (multi is far better than in CoD 2)
Do the bullets still take their time to reach their target?

Depends on ping :mrgreen:

But if you have a ping about 50-70, there's no delay. And finally machine guns are made properly, no more god-like accuracy while bursting (although it's not so hard to shoot, this is more an arcade game after all). It's fun to gain levels, too.

BTW to all CoD4 players here - please do not use the perk "Martyrdom" - it is extremely lame.

BG1 is not lame. Not after you treat yourself with the Baldur's Gate Trilogy experience, anyway. And even without that, it's perfectly playable and enjoyable. You just have to "be in the mood", it does have several annoying issues.

Ravager69 said:
BG1 SUCKS. Horribly. Too much candyness, gameplay is too lame (I don't have the patience to write exactly what is lame, but trust me)

BG2 + ToB is far better, but I never replayed it, because I don't think it's worth it. Game itself is wort to play it one time.

Mask of the Betrayer (NWN2 expansion) is fun, although combat looks like taken from Star Wars (high level spells if you know what I mean).

I myself play Call of Duty 4 (multi is far better than in CoD 2), Fallout 2 + killap's mode(almost finished it) NWN2 + MotB and some browser games
You don't like Baulder's gate but you like Nwn2....What don't you like about bg 1?

Started Playing Kane & Lynch .The gameplay is ok .The Story is ok too ,Graphics are Great IMO !
Overall i must say that i am really enjoying it !

EDIT : Woah ....I can't fucking believe it ! I finished the game already ! :mrgreen:
The game was GREAT ,seriously ...Kane & Lynch deserves more then the 6.0 gamespot gaved it !

Currently playing:
Zack & Wiki on the Wii, a Capcom point and click adventure. Very Japanese, but very good so far.

Conan on the 360, as voiced by Ron Perlman (and Claudia Black). No-brainer hack and slash action, but does it very well. Irritating boss fights though.

Also, RezHD on the 360. Not convinced so far. I mean it's fun and a cool distraction, but I can't see why it became a cult title.

And finally, Overlord on the PC. It's a complete rip-off of Pikmin, but that's not a bad thing. And the setting and humour are very Fable. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some ex-Lionhead/Big Blue Box guys worked on this. And one of the voice actors is the same guy who was behind the "Good" guy in Black & White.
Highly recommended, but it can get a bit repetetive.
One feature that I'm constantly amazed by is the amount of crap the Browns can salvage from the battlefield and use as weapons and armour. It gives each and every one of the little blighters a very unique look. Absolutely wonderful the difference it makes to have a bunch of eccentrically dressed loonies obeying your every command.

Day of the tentacle. I can't believe I've never played it through.

monsharen said:
Day of the tentacle. I can't believe I've never played it through.
DayOfTheTentacle.gif

A(n?) evil pink tentacle that takes on the world! genius. (that would have made an awesome avatar. but I think I would grow tired of it rather quickly. dammit)

What I don't like about BG1....

I haven't played it untill, uh, 2004 or 2005, so when I finally got my hands on it, it was quite an old game then. Mechanics and interface are horrible (I'm talking about inventory and speed of gameplay), there is little choice in creating your character (a standard selection, nothing particulary interesting), it's too colourful (character's images look like shit) and it had nothing new to offer at the time I played it, as I already finished BG2, both Fallouts, Morrowind and Icewind Dale 2. It may have been a great RPG then, but it doesn't have anything of value now.

I just couldn't force myself to play it, it was too boring, just as ToEE.

Ravager69 said:
It may have been a great RPG then, but it doesn't have anything of value now.
It wasn't.
I played BG when it came out and it was a big disappointment. Its combat mechanics, character creation and development, world interaction, narration and dialogues were vastly inferior to Fallout.

replaying-
halo 1 for pc: above average but...meh ive beaten it before, its more for when i need to really shoot things.

deus ex 1: really fun, havnt played much so far this is my 4th playthrough though.

starcraft+brood war+ insurrection+stellar forces:all the campaigns and all the scenario's are going down, i wont touch the zerg crap though.

first time playthroughs:
temple of elemental evil: after hearing mixed reviews,its decent, nothing special but its pretty good. i like the combat system.

Soldier of Fortune Payback !
the graphics are ok but the rest of it is just a direct insult to the whole video gaming industry.But who cares ,i always need an fps game installed on my pc.Just for the sake of shooting ! and SOF PB will just do for now .

Also ,still playing The Witcher.It really is a nice game !

Replaying Daggerfall. :D

The game is holding up good, i enjoy it now just as much as i did way back when.

There are XP patches, here and there.

And i'm taking a short break away from Daggerfall to play sum Half Life 2 again. That fucking chopper is as annoying as ever.

Back