General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Right now I'm playing Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41-'45 quite alot, it's like drugs to me.

And I absolutely hate CoD4.

Sorrow said:
xdarkyrex said:
I considered giving x-com a try, but the graphics are making me wary of investing any time in it. What makes the game worthwile?
Atmosphere, tension, music, combat. The interface is pretty crude though...

xdarkyrex said:
Also, is Syndicate any good?
Syndicate is a cult game. It's very playable but sometimes is annoying due to lack of transparency of buildings.

You forgot the Atlantic Accelerator.

xdarkyrex said:
Eh, I think I'll just skip em and play Arcanum again, but this time maybe I'll beat the game :P

Last time I played Arcanum I only got halfway through, it felt sort of clunky.
Arcanum is eaaaaasssy, you get to level 50 in no time. I wish someone made a mod were every single creature is an end-boss.

Second Sight ...the game is interesting but the controls for the pc are Horrible !
the camera is also a bit stupid at some parts of the game .

Call of Duty 4 pooning other noobz hard. My nick is Firebreath, in case someone wishes to challenge my wicked skillz.

Also, I've been replaying both Fallouts....again.

Browser games besides that, no new games I have.

Just Finished Second Sight .I could easily recommend it to anyone.You should just play the game for the sake of the damn story !

Also still playing The Witcher ,great game !

just finished off arcanum and kotor 1 for the first times, both good games.

i also just gave up on command and conquer generals since its...slightly below average. i also decided i dont like tiberium wars all that much, its kinda boring.

Burnout Paradise

It's not fun.

There is a lot of fucking advertising (even for an EA game) and it's like they gave up on all of the stuff that made the series fun in exchange for "OPEN WORLD MADNESS!!!!"

Plus any game that has Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" in the soundtrack is just begging to suck ass.

Nology5890 said:
C&C TS and RA2 draw you in a hell of a lot more than Generals and TW, for most fans of the franchise.
I dumped CC TS as soon as I finished the campaign. I found the gameplay boring and uninteresting.

The Dutch Ghost said:
So how is the reaction towards Syndicate Wars?
Whose reaction?

Mikael Grizzly said:
xdarkyrex said:
Also, is Syndicate any good?
Syndicate is a cult game. It's very playable but sometimes is annoying due to lack of transparency of buildings.

You forgot the Atlantic Accelerator.[/quote]
As in cool or in annoying things about Syndicate :) ?

Nology5890 said:
C&C TS and RA2 draw you in a hell of a lot more than Generals and TW, for most fans of the franchise.
tiberium sun wasnt horrible but red alert 2 sucked? i dont understand why and how people enjoyed red alert 2 so much.

Hello Sorrow,

Well I meant the reaction of Syndicate fans towards Syndicate Wars, I understand that the game is a bit different.

I don't mean the switch to 3D but regarding content, introducing stuff like alien technology.

I don't recall seeing alien technology in SW.

I don't think Syndicate had an organised fanbase.
Personally, I loved it. I had great atmosphere, playability and was one of the very few 3D games whose graphics I really liked.
I liked them, because they didn't look ultra-realistic but had their own painting-like style. And characters looked like they were painted with watercolours :) .

Hi Sorrow,

Well most of the alien stuff was part of the storyline. The enemy you faced were actually former Syndicate scientists who had found stuff possibly left behind by aliens on Iceland.
They reverse engineered it and created stuff like that weapon that could temporary displace opponents.

I got most of this from the strategy guide I once had at some ppoint.

I have Syndicate and Syndicate Wars myself but I never really played those games, I always found it difficult to make money.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hi Sorrow,

Well most of the alien stuff was part of the storyline. The enemy you faced were actually former Syndicate scientists who had found stuff possibly left behind by aliens on Iceland.
They were the protagonists. Eurocorp was the enemy :) .

The Dutch Ghost said:
They reverse engineered it and created stuff like that weapon that could temporary displace opponents.
I played it a lot of time ago and it seems that I didn't notice it. Which is weird, because I remember enjoying reading the briefings.

The Dutch Ghost said:
I have Syndicate and Syndicate Wars myself but I never really played those games, I always found it difficult to make money.
Making money in Syndicate is easy. You just have to conquer 3 territories, give them 40% taxes and leave the computer with game on for a few hours :) .
In Syndicate Wars you have to search for banks and rob them by blowing them up.

syndicmovealong.jpg

Back