General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Sorrow said:
Ravager69 said:
It may have been a great RPG then, but it doesn't have anything of value now.
It wasn't.
I played BG when it came out and it was a big disappointment. Its combat mechanics, character creation and development, world interaction, narration and dialogues were vastly inferior to Fallout.

it depends on your view's, the baulders gate's and the fallouts are both my favroite games, i enjoyed them both about as much as eachother. baulders gate was a bit slow but i didnt have any problems with the combat.

Still at Half Life 2.. i got a heart attack, even though i knew what was coming, so i made this little motivator out of spite.

motivator3929847ru8.jpg

Bauldurs Gate was for kids, man. Too colorful, too many good guys saving the world. Dialogues were shallow and uninteresting and so was the humour in the them. I admit the idea of the player being a descendand from the God of Destruction was fun, but the game overall wasn't THAT good. Typical fantasy RPG.

Ravager69 said:
Bauldurs Gate was for kids, man. Too colorful, too many good guys saving the world. Dialogues were shallow and uninteresting and so was the humour in the them. I admit the idea of the player being a descendand from the God of Destruction was fun, but the game overall wasn't THAT good. Typical fantasy RPG.
And you like NWN, im just going to end here... :mrgreen:

NWN 2 I might add. I like it because it's the largest D&D game just to play. The main campaing is pretty childish, I agree, but offers a good amount of lenght and fighting is enjoyable. BG is just old, crampy and too fucking tiresome to play. MotB is better and offers even more replayability.

And itz got gr3it grafics and explozionz.

Dammit, my copies of NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, Bioshock, and STALKER just sit there.
I wish I finally had the computer to run them.

In which order do you all recommend I should play them?

Well...If you want to get rid of the boring stuff you should play NWN 2 and its extension first. Then play Stalker but do not pay attention to the pathetic attempt at storytelling and enjoy the atmosphere. Finally, go through Bioshock and appreciate the design ( and do not pay attention to level design, storyline, etc... ). Oh and do not even think of comparing it with System Shock 2 because it is utterly pointless.

off topic, nwn 2 sucks

on topic, ive been building my own FPS with fps creator, been trying to figure out how to add some kind of story, atm its just mindless shooting but its fun to make one. gotta find and rpg creator next.

Hello cody92,

Sounds like cool projects.
Well depending what kind of shooter you are making you could always take inspiration from media with similar themes; games, books, movies for a story.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hello cody92,

Sounds like cool projects.
Well depending what kind of shooter you are making you could always take inspiration from media with similar themes; games, books, movies for a story.
You dont have to code or anything, thats why its neat. there are two mains theme's available, a world war 2 theme, soilders weapons ect then there is a sci theme, think slightly less creepy system shock 2. theres also some modern day weapons but no chars. my first game is pretty much a simple shoot em up with no story where you jump around time frames, i may try to built a fallouty type fps but i dont know if ill be able to with the stuff available. its neat though.

Mikael Grizzly said:
Sorrow said:
cody92 said:
Sorrow said:
Ravager69 said:
It may have been a great RPG then, but it doesn't have anything of value now.
It wasn't.
I played BG when it came out and it was a big disappointment. Its combat mechanics, character creation and development, world interaction, narration and dialogues were vastly inferior to Fallout.

it depends on your view's, the baulders gate's and the fallouts are both my favroite games, i enjoyed them both about as much as eachother. baulders gate was a bit slow but i didnt have any problems with the combat.
Baldur's Gate? Was it that game where a cretin and a genius got the same dialogues, all which were written for someone with intelligence of 8?

No, the game where you are the Child of Bhaal and posess the basic ability to speak, whatever your stats are.
I guess Int-based dialogues were too complicated and unnecessary. After all it would be frustrating if a player would create a character with 18/00 18 18 3 3 12 and it wouldn't be able to speak properly and ability to say something intelligent when player would have intelligence above 12 would make it more a conversation simulator than a cRPG.

Hello Vault 13,

I was rather curious about FEAR Perseus Mandate but because most of the reviews weren't very positive I decided not to get it and wait until it is the bargain bin.

This BTW is very weird, you all have probably heard what happened to FEAR when Monolith decided to stop working together with Vivendi and that they are now making the sequel under the name Project Origin.

But now there are some rumours that Vivendi is making FEAR2 as yet.
Both series now run in parallel universes?

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hello Vault 13,

I was rather curious about FEAR Perseus Mandate but because most of the reviews weren't very positive I decided not to get it and wait until it is the bargain bin.

This BTW is very weird, you all have probably heard what happened to FEAR when Monolith decided to stop working together with Vivendi and that they are now making the sequel under the name Project Origin.

But now there are some rumours that Vivendi is making FEAR2 as yet.
Both series now run in parallel universes?

Well , the gameplay is still the same but you have some cool new weapons and enemies, as for the story...you can forget about the story in both Extraction Point AND Perseus Mandate . Monolith has confirmed that Project Origin (The TRUE fear sequel) won't recognize Perseus Mandate or Extraction Point.
I hope that Vivendi isn't making a FEAR 2 of their own because it would be STUPID !!!
It is like making Fallout 3 and a Van Buren at the same time !!! (sorry because of the awful comparison :mrgreen: )
I would suggest that you wait until the price has dropped a bit .Perseus Mandate deserves 1 playthrough but nothing more than that.you could also rent it .

Hello Vault 13,

I understand that Monolith can no longer use the FEAR team but I find it kind of annoying, they were introduced in the first game and are now totally of the map.

As for Fallout 3 and Van Buren being developed at the same time, I rather like that idea.
The newbies can have their Oblivion-meets-Gears of War and us hard RPG fans can have a game we like.

Back