General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Sonny, the flash game.
The premise is outplayed in the second mission, but in overall, it's a good FF-esque battler.

Last edited:
Well about finished with Dark Souls, first half is okay-ish until the second half...good god a copy paste of the demons from the asylum along with badly designed levels and the bed of chaos. Worst. Boss. Ever.

Here, I went ahead and found the perfect video for you to watch:

There's a reason for that "copy paste". There's a reason for everything, including the level design.

Aenemic, it's true that the final part of the game is a tad bit downhill, especially the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, which look like were unfinished (dragon butts ftw) and yes, lore does save them, but it is kind of undeniable that it is way more linear than other areas, the only shortcut there is Solaire's...
What some of us SoulsBorne fans should get between our ears us that it's not a series apt, loved and appreciated for everyone. It has flaws, like everything, and to try covering them behind hostility is pretty futile and i have seen it to a pathetic extense in streams. Not really adressing you now, it's just sad watching newcomers go away becouse of this.o
Btw i'm more a VaatiVidya fan ;), he is a bit less doubtful tha ENBro

Aenemic, it's true that the final part of the game is a tad bit downhill, especially the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, which look like were unfinished (dragon butts ftw) and yes, lore does save them, but it is kind of undeniable that it is way more linear than other areas, the only shortcut there is Solaire's...
What some of us SoulsBorne fans should get between our ears us that it's not a series apt, loved and appreciated for everyone. It has flaws, like everything, and to try covering them behind hostility is pretty futile and i have seen it to a pathetic extense in streams. Not really adressing you now, it's just sad watching newcomers go away becouse of this.o
Btw i'm more a VaatiVidya fan ;), he is a bit less doubtful tha ENBro

Hostility should never be used to true to share your point of view. For the record, my "don't you dare" above was meant in a jokingly tone. I know you said you weren't adressing me, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

And I completely agree that other areas of the game are better designed. But the fact remains, that nothing is just thrown together and there is purpose and story behind everything. The first time I went down to Lost Izalith I too found it to be pretty bland and that it felt unfinished. But I had absolutely no knowledge of the story behind it. On later playthroughs, when I know more about the lore, I find those areas to be pretty damn amazing. And the demons, which you faced as challenging bosses before, are both there for story reasons and as proof of how far you've come - both your player character in strenth, and you as a player in skill.

It also contain two of the most tragic npc's in the game. Kirk, the Knight of Thorns, who seeks humanity for Quelaag's sister. And Solaire... who finally found his sun...

My bad, but use an emote next time :P

Don't forget the spider waifu, Quelana and Onionbro!

What the hell is going on with the new Demon ruins and the Smouldering Lake? Is a comeback ok Izalith/DR? And why are there hundreds of dead demons? And Old Demon King? So many questions, it feels weird to have no any certain answers yet, or ever.

I just didn't like places like the great hollow for all the super Mario shit because more times than I could count led me to falling of those damn branches, lost izalith hurt my eyes with all that lava along with...dragon tails? with bland level design and an abysmal boss to top it off, and last the demon ruins which was an eye sore with crappy bosses along with copy paste Capra Demons.

Tried to get into Dark Souls a year or so ago but couldn't, but I picked up Bloodborne a few weeks ago when I got my PS4 and I ended up platinuming it. Fucking amazing game, I loved everything about it really, i'm gonna try to go back to Dark Souls very soon though since I loved BB so much.

I'm playing Darkest Dungeon now. About two hours in and already frustrated as hell. I think I'll have to restart or something, because all those negative quirks and afflictions start to really mess with me. I got cocky way too soon.

I just started Witcher 1 at last.
So far, about an hour in, it's pretty good.
Combat is nowhere near as in depth as Witcher 3, but it's still rather fun.
Only issue I'm having at the moment is with Frame Rate, it tends to drop considerably a lot. But it's nothing too bad, just annoying. I put it down to the game just being rather old and using dated technology (which is weird as game released around the time still work perfectly on my laptop).
Also, my specs are up to date for it, so like I said, it's annoying but still playable.

I just bought Witcher 2 from G2A and just waiting for it to download.
I already have Witcher 3 on PS4 so I'm just going to go through the entire series.

Anyone here played Jade Empire? I go it for free on Origin a few months ago and I'm planing on starting a game soon, and the philosophy of the Closed Fist path seems interesting, though it is mostly thuggish evil from what I've heard...

I just started Witcher 1 at last.
So far, about an hour in, it's pretty good.
Combat is nowhere near as in depth as Witcher 3, but it's still rather fun.
Only issue I'm having at the moment is with Frame Rate, it tends to drop considerably a lot. But it's nothing too bad, just annoying. I put it down to the game just being rather old and using dated technology (which is weird as game released around the time still work perfectly on my laptop).
Also, my specs are up to date for it, so like I said, it's annoying but still playable.

I just bought Witcher 2 from G2A and just waiting for it to download.
I already have Witcher 3 on PS4 so I'm just going to go through the entire series.
Do you own the Enhanced Edition? The release version of the Witcher was quite unpolished, but the EE fixed a lot of issues. Possible solutions: 1) Try to disable AA in-game and enable it in catalyst control center instead. 2) Force VSync on in Nvidia control panel/Catalyst control center. But in the end, it's seems to be a bit of a lottery. I never had big issues.

You'll see: Witcher 2 is a massive step forward in every department. One of my all time favorites. And you'll have to play it at least two times to get the whole picture. Trust me, it's a must.

Anyone here played Jade Empire? I go it for free on Origin a few months ago and I'm planing on starting a game soon, and the philosophy of the Closed Fist path seems interesting, though it is mostly thuggish evil from what I've heard...
Jade Empire is a typical old school Bioware game. If you like their other pre-2010 games, go with it. What I liked the most was the setting and the mix of RPG and beat'em up. In other words, it's like KotOR in ancient China. :)

You'll see: Witcher 2 is a massive step forward in every department. One of my all time favorites. And you'll have to play it at least two times to get the whole picture. Trust me, it's a must.

I'm not sure if I would say that Witcher 2 is better in every way. I haven't finished it yet since I stopped at the middle of Chapter 2 for some reason, but there's just something unique about the atmosphere of the first one.

Also, I really liked the structure of the second chapter in it too, despite the ridiculous backtracking, which was worse than Underrail. The Witcher 2, from what I've seen, was a lot mroe linear.

Giving fallout 1 and 2 a secound playthrough with the fixit and restoreation mods respectively. Also a small helping of New Vegas and Quake Mission Pack: Scrouge Of Armegadden, and just a dash of Team Fortress 2

Last edited:
Some other leaders make Washington look friendly. Ever heard of Shaka Zulu? :-D

Back to Civ 5 again, I lost last game to Indonesia, as they won a Diplomatic Victory. This time as Japan, I got into an early alliance with the Zulus and brought Siam back to life after they had been conquered by Russia. Pretty good start, and I have the lead both culturally and diplomatically.

The Zulus have just finished conquering an entire civilisation (Austria) and are now moving their forces all over my territory, despite being my closest allies from the get-go. We've maintained stable relations for a very long time, not to mention trading with them gave me the lead during the Renaissance era, but now they have their strongest units all around my cities. I'm guessing this is a very bad sign.

EDIT: Well, here's an update. I've just survived fighting a war against Shaka Zulu and Catherine simultaneously. The world is at peace once again.

Last edited:
Do you own the Enhanced Edition? The release version of the Witcher was quite unpolished, but the EE fixed a lot of issues. Possible solutions: 1) Try to disable AA in-game and enable it in catalyst control center instead. 2) Force VSync on in Nvidia control panel/Catalyst control center. But in the end, it's seems to be a bit of a lottery. I never had big issues.

I'll probably try all of that but considering my laptop is having a hard time running Witcher 2 (I spent like £2.30 on it so I don't mind so much), it's probably just my specs. On that note, I may have to get Witcher 2 on 360 just to hold me off a few years until I get a job that pays well enough for me to go all out on a PC (and considering I want to be a games developer, it'll be pretty handy).

Jade Empire is a typical old school Bioware game. If you like their other pre-2010 games, go with it. What I liked the most was the setting and the mix of RPG and beat'em up. In other words, it's like KotOR in ancient China. :)

Ironically enough, I bought Jade Empire a couple days ago for 75p. I get huge KOTOR vibes from it,

Finished Dark Souls, well the game was alright some issues like the camera not sticking to the player(just like all the other third person games I've played) and I felt like I was wrestling with it most of the time. Not as hard as people make it out to be but then I was patient and focused on a set build rather than attempt to be a jack of all trades. Seath the Scaleless was a joke along with Gwyn, killed them both on the first try without much trouble.

Probably going to finish up the rest of my Deus Ex playthrough with GMDX installed that I've postponed for a while. I would continue with the Witcher but I don't care for it to be honest, not really a fan of Geralt and I like games where I creat my own dickheaded character.
Unpopular opinion over.

Just finished Wasteland 2 on Ranger difficulty on my first playthrough... The last battle was fucking insane, was only able to finish it because i had the ghost perk, but damn, the game is no joke once you reach california and forth. This is the first time after many years since i put over 60 hours into a single player game. Was a bit buggy on linux, but the battles were pretty fun overall. The story though was kind of meh, but i liked the game overall.

Back