General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Back to Civ 5 again, I lost last game to Indonesia, as they won a Diplomatic Victory. This time as Japan, I got into an early alliance with the Zulus and brought Siam back to life after they had been conquered by Russia. Pretty good start, and I have the lead both culturally and diplomatically.

The Zulus have just finished conquering an entire civilisation (Austria) and are now moving their forces all over my territory, despite being my closest allies from the get-go. We've maintained stable relations for a very long time, not to mention trading with them gave me the lead during the Renaissance era, but now they have their strongest units all around my cities. I'm guessing this is a very bad sign.

EDIT: Well, here's an update. I've just survived fighting a war against Shaka Zulu and Catherine simultaneously. The world is at peace once again.

I'm curious, what's the difficulty of your game?

Fucked myself over just now on my 100% complete run in Fallout 2. Not sure if it is just the "steam" version but every now and then the game laggs really bad untill you load another save/move to the next area or get lucky.. This time it did it just as i went to SF downtown after getting the spleen quest.

Long story short i ran trough the place and went to SAD and when i got back i guess more than 5 days had passed T_T Guess i could have made it if i didn't read all the skills books or something.

Was finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider, when I got gangbanged by some wolves and then THIS shit happened...
20160423024512_1.jpg

20160423024519_1.jpg
20160423024527_1.jpg

20160423024536_1.jpg

20160423024536_1.jpg

I fell through the fucking map and have to figure out how to get myself killed.

Attachments

• 20160423024541_1.jpg
    20160423024541_1.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 428
I'm not sure if I would say that Witcher 2 is better in every way. I haven't finished it yet since I stopped at the middle of Chapter 2 for some reason, but there's just something unique about the atmosphere of the first one.
The first Witcher has this genuine eastern european folklore/fairy tale vibe to it. It's quite unique and I really enjoyed it, as it felt so much different to generic fantasy settings.

Also, I really liked the structure of the second chapter in it too, despite the ridiculous backtracking, which was worse than Underrail. The Witcher 2, from what I've seen, was a lot mroe linear.
The Witcher 2 is sort of a hybrid, a semi-open-world. During Geralts journey you can explore various areas. I don't think it's linear per se, as the storyline gets divided at a certain point of the game. You even have to play the game twice if you want to see all the content and details of the story, which is nice.

Last edited:
The first Witcher has this genuine eastern european folklore/fairy tale vibe to it. It's quite unique and I really enjoyed it, as it felt so much different to generic fantasy settings.

The Witcher 2 is sort of a hybrid, a semi-open-world. During Geralts journey you can explore various areas. I don't think it's linear per se, as the storyline gets divided at a certain point of the game. You even have to play the game twice if you want to see all the content and details of the story, which is nice.

Yeah, I wish more developpers/publishers had the courage to cut a big part of the game on each playthrough despite the fact that some players might never see this content.

On another note, playign Jade Empire made me realize again how tired I am of traditionnal good/evil moral systems.

Last edited:
Xcom enemy unknown. I thought this was something like Fallout Tactics, didn't expect it having a strategy element of running your base of operations. At first i did not really like the idea of the whole managment stuff, but i'm warming up to it. The battles though are great fun!

Xcom enemy unknown. I thought this was something like Fallout Tactics, didn't expect it having a strategy element of running your base of operations. At first i did not really like the idea of the whole managment stuff, but i'm warming up to it. The battles though are great fun!
you will got very long time playing that, not mention its long war mod and xcom 2

you will got very long time playing that, not mention its long war mod and xcom 2

I'm still just an hour in~, but i wonder about those abduction missions i get, are they part of the storyline (does it even have one), or are they sorta randonly generated (i don't mind either way)?

I'm still just an hour in~, but i wonder about those abduction missions i get, are they part of the storyline (does it even have one), or are they sorta randonly generated (i don't mind either way)?
yes, and it also generated based on how many alien craft passed through territory unscathed. basically all alien craft have each their own objective (scouting, air superiority, abduction , sattelite hunting, etc)

later on game, when you develop air superiority and sattelite all over place, the alien will start force "brute way" to earth whic i will not spoild hehe

yes, and it also generated based on how many alien craft passed through territory unscathed. basically all alien craft have each their own objective (scouting, air superiority, abduction , sattelite hunting, etc)

later on game, when you develop air superiority and sattelite all over place, the alien will start force "brute way" to earth whic i will not spoild hehe

What do i do about the panic level in some countries? Since the game only allows me to choose on of three missions every time, there are countries that have the panic bars full. Is it possible to maintain all of them at a normal level?

Needed more Fallout in my life but thinking of the robots in tactics and all the mods i need for 3 nv or 4 i decided to play the original for the first time in a long long time and i'm not enjoying myself..

Mostly due to me being on my toes "What did i miss?!" but also how far back it is in gameplay compared to F2 :/

What do i do about the panic level in some countries? Since the game only allows me to choose on of three missions every time, there are countries that have the panic bars full. Is it possible to maintain all of them at a normal level?
doing abduction mission reduce some panic, so pick one country that have the highest panic from out of three option.
shooting alien craft also reduce panic. but to do all of above you need satellite over respective country

Doing another run in Dark Souls with the Pyromancer since I keep seeing people recommending the class and as to why I keep hearing about how great the "class" is. So far I'm enjoying it much more than the warrior class though I wish I had better spells, tears bosses up without much effort on the upside and killing most bosses on the first try besides Ceaseless Discharge. I just hate when I die due to knocking an enemy off a ledge and the animation still finishing which leads to me falling off the ledge too and a pointless death. The game is becoming easy as hell compared to my first run for some reason. I just wish I knew how to time my parries :cry:

I watched a friend play an overhaul mod for the original x-com that makes a new game of high quality and was played through a front-end that had all the typical modern improvements (like large resolution, quick save/load, etc.). I wanted to play it as much as play the old x-coms (which I only played UFO Defense) with the front end (called Open XCOM) to vastly increase the speed you can play.

I've completed UFO Defense in half the time it would normally take to play it all the way through and now trying Terror From The Deep for the first time. I can't believe the developers. It's significantly harder than X-com 1 for no particular reason due to two part missions (regularly), tougher aliens (one has armor so high it can practically only be killed by it's weakness to melee which is insane, because rushing it means being shot at openly), and you are exposed to most of the alien races FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

Also funny story:

In one mission on a large ship I explore all the main areas and defeat enough aliens to where you'd think the mission was over. When "end turn" didn't end the stage I had everyone hang around the large areas waiting for something to walk into view for a few turns. Then I spent the next ten turns very tensely exploring all the small rooms. Then I found the source:

http://imgur.com/eAgKagx

A four space sized creature stuck in a small room with a one space sized entrance. The hilarity of random spawn locations.

I watched a friend play an overhaul mod for the original x-com that makes a new game of high quality and was played through a front-end that had all the typical modern improvements (like large resolution, quick save/load, etc.). I wanted to play it as much as play the old x-coms (which I only played UFO Defense) with the front end (called Open XCOM) to vastly increase the speed you can play.

I've completed UFO Defense in half the time it would normally take to play it all the way through and now trying Terror From The Deep for the first time. I can't believe the developers. It's significantly harder than X-com 1 for no particular reason due to two part missions (regularly), tougher aliens (one has armor so high it can practically only be killed by it's weakness to melee which is insane, because rushing it means being shot at openly), and you are exposed to most of the alien races FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

What difficulty is that on? I definitely remember Lobster Men appearing rather early and being a pain in the ass to kill (explosives are your friend though). But other than that, I always felt that the enemy types appeared at a steady pace with only Aquatoids and Gill Men at first.

Also funny story:

In one mission on a large ship I explore all the main areas and defeat enough aliens to where you'd think the mission was over. When "end turn" didn't end the stage I had everyone hang around the large areas waiting for something to walk into view for a few turns. Then I spent the next ten turns very tensely exploring all the small rooms. Then I found the source:

http://imgur.com/eAgKagx

A four space sized creature stuck in a small room with a one space sized entrance. The hilarity of random spawn locations.

Classic TFTD. Basically how most of my ship and base missions ended, if the last alien could even be found at all.

Got to New York in Deus Ex GOTY after doing some shit for Tracer Tong in Hong Kong, I have to say my god this game hasn't aged well. GMDX mod makes this game fun like being able to mantle though. I like being able to pick bodies up and gib them by throwing the bodies. Voice acting is cheesy too but still a fun game.

Back