General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Borderlands 2, which is a kickass game and runs better on my linux pc with amd card (on high settings), than either POE or Wastelands 2 ran... The game is non stop action in various flavors.

You didn't like American wasteland?

Not very much. I liked the themed levels of Underground 1 and 2, and of the games before them, as well as the stories. (American Wasteland's sole positive was Neversoft convincing Tony Alva, one of the Z Boys, to star in the game. Shame that Jay Adams never got that chance.)

And by the time Project 8 came out, I was hooked on .skate.

Playing Dark Souls 2 and so far from what I gathered the game is bad like I've heard. Controls with a mind of their own, infinite stamina enemies, and other shit have made me loathe this. Oh well I'll force myself through it since it's already too late for a refund.

Playing Dark Souls 2 and so far from what I gathered the game is bad like I've heard. Controls with a mind of their own, infinite stamina enemies, and other shit have made me loathe this. Oh well I'll force myself through it since it's already too late for a refund.

Did you like the first one?

Not very much. I liked the themed levels of Underground 1 and 2, and of the games before them, as well as the stories. (American Wasteland's sole positive was Neversoft convincing Tony Alva, one of the Z Boys, to star in the game. Shame that Jay Adams never got that chance.)

And by the time Project 8 came out, I was hooked on .skate.
Never got a chance to play Skate that much but loved the Tony Hawk games, played all of them up to THUG 2. As for what I've been playing, I've gone back to playing old Nintendo games. I got my old Nintendo 64 out to play some Star Fox 64 and it took restarting my console like 15 times and blowing on the cartridge like 4 times to get it to work. I finished it in an hour and replayed it instantly the next day doing the other diverging paths.

I then went to test out my Gamecube and that thing is still working perfectly and man those games look amazing for when they came out. Tested Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures and more and they all hold up super well. I'm thinking about picking up Tony Hawk 4 on amazon for Gamecube, it's like 2 dollars used and there are tons of other used GC games that are dirt cheap on amazon.

Btw, if anyone here has played this game, I automatically love you.

NBA_Street_Vol._2_Coverart.png

Did you like the first one?
Yeah, the second one so far I'm not really liking. The enemies in addition to being overly aggressive also seem like they can hit you over and over nonstop. Maybe it'll get better but so far the first game is still better in my eyes.
Can't even find a decent weapon, on the other hand I am happy the game doesn't need a mod to use a mouse or to play at 60 FPS. Game feels more lively with all the ghost players I can see, the funny messages, and how other people have died by touching bloodstains. I seen a bloodstain next to a message near a cliff saying to jump because of treasure below and the bloodstain showed four people jumping to their deaths for obviously reading that message. LOL

I'm depressed that i only bought "Borderlands 2" when steam had a huge discount on all of them. I'm now addicted to this game. It's just fun to roam around and kill stuff, kill boss chars, search for loot, jump from high cliffs with your vehicle etc. It's liked "Diablo 2" mixed with "Stalker", plus great story and awesome characters.

The thing about this diablo esque gameplay that i love is that there is no saving and loading, so the gameplay is much more natural without cheesing the quicksave button. If you die, you get a penalty, then try again. And it does not seem unnatural, or artificial, since the game does not take itself too seriously.

Can someone recommend a good build for pvp and pve on dark souls 2? If I can't find a decent build i'm just going to say to hell with it. I really can't stand this game and it's the second time I've ever wanted to stop playing a game. Just need a good build so I can run through this game and get it over with.

Restarted Dark Souls as I hadn't played in a while and I thought I would just suck if I tried retaking it where I left... And I accomplished in a few hours what I struggled for 6 hours to achieve last time.... I guess I Got Gud....

Restarted Dark Souls as I hadn't played in a while and I thought I would just suck if I tried retaking it where I left... And I accomplished in a few hours what I struggled for 6 hours to achieve last time.... I guess I Got Gud....
What build were you using? My second playthrough, which I still have to finish, I went with a Pyromancer build and it makes the bosses much easier than a Dex only build.

Have you played the second one yet?

Why didn't you finish the first? Also how are you supposed to parry in that game? I suck balls at trying to parry enemies besides the couple of lucky parries that allowed me to easily dispose of Gwyn.

Well I didn't finish it because I suck at it and I bought it pretty recently. But I restarted it and am having an easier time now.

Well I didn't finish it because I suck at it and I bought it pretty recently. But I restarted it and am having an easier time now.
I though I was the only one that was shit at these games. I do play with a mouse and keyboard though so that could be it(I don't like using gamepads, mouse and keyboard is my weapon of choice). Surprisingly enough I've never been invaded in Dark Souls but once in Dark Souls 2 against a guy with an ultra greats word that got me to within an inch of my life until I wailed on him which gave me the kill.

I play with my pc controller because that game was designed for controllers being originally a console exclusive and all.

Back