General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

finished episode2 and must admit it was best of the hl2 bunch yet waiting eagerly for 3.
Tried playin viewtifull joe2 and stopped after awhile, now replaying SotN

The Dutch Ghost said:
I wish they would announce Half Life 2 Episode 3, I am looking for a new Sci-Fi ish shooter to look forward too.
Yup...i would also love to hear somthing about that !
I would also really really really like to hear something about the Dreamfall Episodes ! :(

I hate the fact that those episodes will only be for sale online, as I don't have a credit card or Pay Pal I will be unable to buy them.

Jagged Alliance 2. Kinda wish there was some mod out there that changes the appearance of your characters. They don't look like mercs, more like members of Menudo IMO.

Small Framed said:
They don't look like mercs, more like members of Menudo IMO.

Menudo was a mercenary group, that's why they had to switch out all of the members who got killed/injured over the years.

Back on topic.

Played Lost: Via Domus, called it a crappy version of Monkey Island, sent it back to GameFly.

Am now playing the new Turok, wondering when I'm going to get the Cerebral Bore or Nuke.

Hello generalissimofurioso,

Have you played any of the classic Adventures by Lucasarts before they got totally focussed on Star Wars games?

Man, such great classics;

The Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max hit the road
The Dig
Full Throttle

I really need to get Sam and Max Season 1 soon.

MrBumble said:
Mass Effect. Bought it the day it was released, haven't finished it yet. I am in my 12th hour, near the end. Cool game but really, REALLY flawed by a weird gameplay design.

Been playing Mass Effect for a couple of weeks. Though I've had a few good times, some good moments of entertainment, the game completely fails to give me any sence of emotional connection. This applies both to the story and the characters. And the "time-pressure" is about as urging as bloody Oblivious.

Wrex and Ashley gave me a couple of smiles with their comments, but aside from that, nothing. And a "hatred" against Carth... I mean Kaidan as a NPC, I really, really, really, REALLY hate his voice AND the flipping Emo character. Wish I could kill him ingame myself.
Oh, and anyone that has had Liara with you on Noveria? :help:
Never hire that voice actor again...

The characters in the game, the lack of any sort of consequence except Paragon/Renegade points, just annoys me since people are generally speaking well of it as an RPG.
I'd like to have had atleast double the amounts of NPC characters, I really wanted a heavy biotic warrior in my group. So I get to choose between Liara and Kaidan, yippie yay.

The graphics are good, infact, so damn good that the console freezes up at points to load the textures, or just streams the textures as you go along. :roll:
Character models are well done, but the lack of variety in equipment is jarring to me.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hello generalissimofurioso,

Have you played any of the classic Adventures by Lucasarts before they got totally focussed on Star Wars games?

Man, such great classics;

The Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max hit the road
The Dig
Full Throttle

I really need to get Sam and Max Season 1 soon.

Yes, yes I did.

I picked up some sort of compilation box that had most of those games in there when I was like 7 or 8. Fourth grade became very ancillary in comparison to stopping the threat of a giant mutant tentacle.

I also remember bothering one of my friends until he let me borrow Full Throttle, I don't believe I ever returned it to him. Eh.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Am... am I that old now?

Depends on what you consider old, I've only been playing games since 1990 (was about 2 when my parents picked up an NES for me) and I feel pretty old when it comes to most things.

Like the new Turok, yeah it's violent, but it lacks anything that made the originals that unique.

Now to move onto Army of Two...

Turok's have always sucked, never understood the hype of the new turok, i was thinking all the old ones sucked so this one will suck and there not going to suck my money from my pockets :lol:

cody92 said:
Turok's have always sucked, never understood the hype of the new turok, i was thinking all the old ones sucked so this one will suck and there not going to suck my money from my pockets :lol:
Nah ...i always loved Turok games. especially the first one !
It had a really unique atmosphere/setting and a nice collection of weapons .
The new turok really isn't like the original's but hey...which game that has been released in the past 2 years has been as good as its predecessors ?!

Vault 13 said:
The new turok really isn't like the original's but hey...which game that has been released in the past 2 years has been as good as its predecessors ?!

That is the sad truth of some sequels these days, it used to be the idea that sequels to games would introduce improvements and expand the series even further.

I'm playing Fable. And i'm having a blast. And a hard-on.

(c) me.

borooomiiiiirrrrrsm8.jpg

BOROOOMIIIIIRRRRR, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

umm..
xbox 360:
beat civil war: a nation divided in one day yesterday, was above average but to short.

beat call of duty 2 earlier this weak in 2 days russian and american campaign's were good. the brittish campaign kinda sucked.

beat call of duty 3 like a weak and a half ago in 3 days great but to short again

i started eragon on the xbox 360 but it sucks... i only did the first 2 chapters and half the third and it is one of the worst games ive played.

warcraft 3 frozen throne on battle net, didnt like the single player to much but this is rather fun.

nhl 07 and 2k7 on the 320 also here and there, there ok.

thinking of going through arcanum a seacond time and going through deus ex a 6th time. ive also been playing command and conquer 3 in moderation.

Back