General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

ErrantSaint said:
TorontRayne said:
Medieval 2. It fucking rocks! Incredibly deep gameplay.

Err, no. Being a longterm Total War fan, I'd have to say that CA have fallen into the category of developers like Beth: "We'll make it look pretty and the modders can do the rest." (Including make it prettier!)

Out of the box the game was retarded. Several patches and an expansion later, it's retarded in several different scenarios. All that + the work of several talented mod teams, and it's actually kinda playable. Makes me wonder who the money ought to go to though...

Oh yeah, playing: Dwarf Fortress, Close Combat 3, Ogre Battle (SNES and 64), Jagged Alliance 2 + 1.13, FOT, Titans of Steel. Nothing extensively, looking forward to trying Bad Mojo.

Thats fine and dandy. Thats your opinion. I like the game and it's challenging enough to kick my ass at times. I have never played another Total War game before, so it is a bit new to me I will admit. I do look forward to playing the mods though. Any recomendations?

I started playing through a Civilization 3 game again. The callus on the hand I operate the mouse with is officially back.

Mass Effect. Bought it the day it was released, haven't finished it yet. I am in my 12th hour, near the end. Cool game but really, REALLY flawed by a weird gameplay design.

Replaying STALKER with the aliVe mod which basically adds a few things here and there and makes NPCs wander a bit more. Lots of fun, can't wait until Clear Sky.

Also playing Tropico which I tried out for the first time a week or two ago. Shaping up to be one of my favourite games ever, I'm totally into it. Great game.

Tropico 1 with the Paradise Island expansion. The package is called "Mucho Macho edition". It's great.

I asked about the sequel on the Codex, but it seems that the general opinion is that it doesn't live up to the first game at all.

Starwars said:
Tropico 1 with the Paradise Island expansion. The package is called "Mucho Macho edition". It's great.

I asked about the sequel on the Codex, but it seems that the general opinion is that it doesn't live up to the first game at all.

Really need to pick up that expansion some day.

Tonight I kinda had nothing to do and I remembered a little game called Mafia. Now I'm determined to play through the whole things again. It's been a while and I forgot how enjoyable the game is in terms of atmosphere and story. Very pretty looking too.

Small Framed said:
If you have the Kingdoms expansion pack, get the Stainless Steel 5.1 mod. It changes a lot of things gameplay-wise in that it emulates the difficulty and play style of Medieval: Total War (no more overpowered cavalry, and very rock-paper-scissor type of tactics). Here is the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126810.

Thanks for the advice. Haven't gotten to Kingdoms yet,but I intend too.

I installed Farcry yesterday.The Paradise and troopical feeling is kinda cool.its cheesy, but in a cool way !

Die by the Sword - great sword fighting game, where the player controls motions of weapons with a mouse.

A friend gave me Star Wars: Battlefront 2. Nothing special. The clone troopers look way too childish and theres like no gore. IDK it could be because i am not that big on the whole Star wars series.

Wasteland - I finally figured out how the combat system works and I started to really enjoy playing the game :) .
Except never ending combat random encounters and suspicious resistance of party members to death and serious wounds.

I think that my party already killed a few hundreds of people.

Yesterday I was playing Mass Effect again and suddenly I realized how bullshit the game was. Sold it today. Fuck that...

Turning Point : Fall Of Liberty which is quite Crap !!!!
Oh my god...i can't believe it ! there is no fucking v-synch in the graphic options so when you are going to look up or down the screen gets kinda chopped in half a couple of time :mrgreen:
the graphics are also quite lame.the weapon models look abysmal !
seriously ...what the fuck where they thinking when they were making this game ?!
sure...the idea is neat, but execution is horrible !

Back