General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Anyone want to try and play together some time? I'm usually on at 11 or so GMT-5 most nights.

Lately discovered a neat old cRPG called Darklands. It's set in 15th century Germany, complete with a huge map with lots of cities. Incorporates historical elements as well as folklore. A pretty original game, but the downside is primarily that it's a sandbox with no "main quest". It's also pretty difficult. I'm currently trying to kill some fire creatures in a mine, but they are owning my three chars every time, so I guess I'll have to give up.

Hello fedaykin,

There is actually a main quest, just not any ending to the game.
You have to defeat some demon and its followers.

Might not be the most glorious of RPGs, but working on a good old SNES classic that almost everyone has played:

Chrono Trigger.

That, and:

EVE Online (Working on becoming one of the best combat pilots in existance, already one of the top 2500 FPS gamers, so this is just the next step)
Counter-Strike: Source
Team Fortress 2
Pirates vs Vikings 2 (Cool mod for Source, recommend to try it)
Baldur's Gate 2

Medieval 2. It fucking rocks! Incredibly deep gameplay. I would love to see a Post-Apocalyptic game like this. Hasn't been done before thats for sure.

Currently im playing old text game called amnesia, i havent been really too big fan of these kind of games before but im totally hooked for this one.Its quite detailed and well written game where you wake up naked in this hotel room without any memory of your past.

Only downside is that in order to save you need floppy drive, so eveytime i die i have to start all over again.

I'm playing Civilization 4, Command & Conquer 3, Unreal Tournament 3 and Super Mario Galaxy these days. Also, I play through the new episodic games of Sam & Max whenever they become availiable.

Yes, although they do get a little repetive after a while. I guess this is because of the limited scope of 3-hour games, where you only have two locations to travel between (your street and the episode's main location). They're pretty much getting better and better with each new episode, though.

I_eat_supermutants said:
I actually found myself playing Vector Man for the first time in many many years and god have I missed it.

Recently completed both part 1 and 2, it came with some game collection.
2 was pretty entertaining but what an awful end sequence, not even a little movie.

TorontRayne said:
Medieval 2. It fucking rocks! Incredibly deep gameplay.

Err, no. Being a longterm Total War fan, I'd have to say that CA have fallen into the category of developers like Beth: "We'll make it look pretty and the modders can do the rest." (Including make it prettier!)

Out of the box the game was retarded. Several patches and an expansion later, it's retarded in several different scenarios. All that + the work of several talented mod teams, and it's actually kinda playable. Makes me wonder who the money ought to go to though...

Oh yeah, playing: Dwarf Fortress, Close Combat 3, Ogre Battle (SNES and 64), Jagged Alliance 2 + 1.13, FOT, Titans of Steel. Nothing extensively, looking forward to trying Bad Mojo.

ErrantSaint said:
TorontRayne said:
Medieval 2. It fucking rocks! Incredibly deep gameplay.

Err, no. Being a longterm Total War fan, I'd have to say that CA have fallen into the category of developers like Beth: "We'll make it look pretty and the modders can do the rest." (Including make it prettier!)

Out of the box the game was retarded. Several patches and an expansion later, it's retarded in several different scenarios. All that + the work of several talented mod teams, and it's actually kinda playable. Makes me wonder who the money ought to go to though...

Oh yeah, playing: Dwarf Fortress, Close Combat 3, Ogre Battle (SNES and 64), Jagged Alliance 2 + 1.13, FOT, Titans of Steel. Nothing extensively, looking forward to trying Bad Mojo.

I really hope they create a Dwarf Fortress that eliminates the very steep learning curve.. I mean my dwarfs always goes cannibalistic sooner or later :crazy:

Back