General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Finished a neat little indie adventure game earlier today called Ben There, Dan That. It's got tons of references to all those old Lucas Arts games and snarky British humour. A bit on the easy side though, but it's still great fun. You guys should go check it out. It's free :P
http://www.zombie-cow.com/?page_id=17

I also finished the first Penny Arcade episode earlier. Pretty good stuff, though I don't think it's really worth the $20. I got it on Steam for $10 and that seemed that a more suitable price for it, but that offer is gone now unfortunately.

I'm still playing Arcanum, easily the best RPG ever made.

I should totally do an "alec plays Arcanum for the fiftieth time" thread soon. Real soon. :twisted:

Heh, I play Arcanum at the moment too. But this time with the inofficial patch and expansion pack. I translated them to german, so that I don't need to read everything english or half the game german and the other half english. :>

Lexx said:
Heh, I play Arcanum at the moment too. But this time with the inofficial patch and expansion pack.

What expansion pack?

I am playing Planescape torment for the first time ever, i see lots of replay value in this game.

Von Drunky said:
Lexx said:
Heh, I play Arcanum at the moment too. But this time with the inofficial patch and expansion pack.

What expansion pack?
He is probably referring to Drog Black Tooth's Unofficial Arcanum Patch and his Arcanum "Extra Pack": click here.

Good stuff. You should try it if you feel like giving Arcanum another go.

If thats the one that restores some of the animation and adds in some of the other cut content, then I already played it. Fun stuff indeed.

Hey Alec, anything else in that link worth trying?

The Lost Dungeon of Souls, the long lost mod that came with pre-order copies of Arcanum, wasn't too bad, but it's not much more than a dungeon crawler hack&slasher kinda thing, so don't get your hopes up. You do get to kill a woman in the end, though. Which is cool, I guess. :roll:

CarArcanum is a must, especially if you like playing Tech.

I liked most of the French modules, but I don't know if you speak French, so... :roll:

I haven't played anything else besides that, except the Vormantown module, but I've never actually finished it.

It seems to me that most mods are only really playable with mages/melee+dodge. Very few take Tech into account. That's why I think CarArcanum is so good.

Just finished going through F1 as a melee character and then installed Homeworld again to bask in it's story, er...glory.

Currently installed are DoW: Dark Crusade, F1/F2, Homeworld, WoW (been cancelled for months–friends had talked me into activating again), and lastly Mechwarrior 3 and it's expansion.

Colonization. I'm anxiously awaiting the new one, although I dislike the Civ 4 engine.

Also, Quake 4, which feels like a total conversion of Doom 3.

hmm has q4 that quake-3 feel? im looking for an adequately fast online shooter, and i was teh pwn in quake3. ive seen a bit of gameplay footage, and it looks very much quake 3-ish. even modded the good ole q3 maps.

fedaykin said:
Colonization. I'm anxiously awaiting the new one, although I dislike the Civ 4 engine.

Also, Quake 4, which feels like a total conversion of Doom 3.

All these years I have been saying "Yeah, I like the Civilization series, but do you remember Colonization? It was awesome!"

Now that it is getting a re-release I am very scared that my pristine image of the game will be burned at the stake and crumble to dust.

Am I still excited though?

You bet. Always optimistic until the bitter end.

Glad to see some other people looking forward to the Colonisation remake along side myself.

I'm playing through a Lords of Magic campaign as the Earth faction (Although sometimes I only get a few turns every couple of days). I used my start up gold to purchase some shiny armour instead of an army, and now my Dwarf Lord regenerates health faster than he can lose it. Sometimes its really easy to break these older games. Balkoth, your ass is mine!

horst said:
hmm has q4 that quake-3 feel?

No, it feels like shit, that's why the game is dead nowadays. If you want that 'quake-3 feel', nothing is stopping you from playing... Quake 3, which has an active community.

Back