Grown man hunts down and attacks child who kills him in CoD

This is why I never ever touch a multiplayergame actively. Too many kids, assholes, teenagers, trolls etc in the internet. I want to enjoy a game, not being constantly annoyed throughout it.

I hate more kids that start using cheatcodes in Portal 2 Co-Op. one of them even unlocked all the stages in my game, I don't know you but I like to play my games,I haven't been able to ocmplete the Coop courses I kep getting paried up with kids that use cheatcodes.

I love how people are complaining about annyoing kids on the internet but not the guy that attacked someone, and a fucking kid no less. I don't give a fuck what that kid did to this guy, but he did not deserve death. I know this is a gamer forum but come on. This guy is pathetic and a fucking psychopath and on a side note gives gamers a bad name, like we don't have enough of those already...

Read the news story. The kid was not killed. However, both the kid and the adult were out of control and they both give gamers a bad name.

Fixed, but the man was more out of control then the kid. If I punched every smart mouth kid i came across I'd be in jail for years. Just because the kid was being a dick it's no excuse to hunt him down and try to fucking strangle him.

Yeah trolls give gamers a bad name but you can fucking mute them/ignore them, people like this asshole are worse, it paints us as uncontrollably violent and psychopaths.

I have to say I'm getting tired of this "physical violence is always, unequivocally wrong" attitude that's pervading the planet.

If your kid is behaving inappropriately and doesn't respond to harsh language, cajoling, grounding, taking their XBox away, etc., then it's not wrong to spank him/her if that's what it takes to make them pay attention (though obviously you have to not cross the line into abuse). If someone is harassing you, screaming at you, spitting in your face, shoving you, and they don't respond to diplomatic attempts and harsh language, it's not wrong to slug him in the jaw.

We're even getting to the point where people consider you to be in the wrong for defending yourself when you're being physically assaulted.

That being said... a grown man tracking down a kid from an online game to choke him out is going too far.

The kid totally deserved it, though, and he'll actually probably be better off since he'll probably think twice before spouting his mouth off from now on.

Kyuu said:
The kid totally deserved it, though, and he'll actually probably be better off since he'll probably think twice before spouting his mouth off from now on.

Teasing someone never should make you hurt someone. That's like if I teased my husband and he decked me because I "Deserved it"

DUmb story short, grown man attacks kid for petty reasons, we don't know how far the kid's teasing went, but strangling someone for that is going waaaaay too far.

Hm.., I am not out to justify their actions but it's not hard to understand them.

Given the fact that the man is already at a somewhat low point of his life, with the chance of success that seemed far away and chance of failures seemed to be everywhere, the guy takes some fleeting pleasure from games. Games rewards some sort of instant gratification, and a fleeting feeling of accomplishments (for action games perhaps). So what happened? Someone he deemed lower than him in social status not only beat him in the game and mocked him for it. "What are you going to do? Come kill me? Ha, I dare you to try, I live at xxxxx.." Male ego is ultimately a fragile thing.

Of course, if the kid's parents taught him better manners, maybe it wouldn't have happened. If the man was doing well somewhere else in his life, then he could've just laugh it off. Internet may bring people you might like together with you, but on the same token, it can also bring people you dislike. Connections are not always a good thing. :wink:

A couple of facts that most people seem to be unaware of, or are simply overlooking, in most places where I see this discussed online: first of all, for anyone thrown by the "tracked him down in real life" bit, he knew the boy's family, so he presumably knew right where he was going. This makes it less "dogged work of vigilante revenge-plotting" and more "short, angry walk." It doesn't make it any more forgivable, but it certainly changes the circumstances.

Secondly, the gentleman in question, apart from being at a very low point in his life, has a history of mental health issues (according to the defense, anyway, but considering the circumstances I'm inclined to give the statement some credence). Hopefully, our young troll has learned a very valuable lesson: keep a civil tongue in your head, because you never know who out there is going to snap for reasons that could possibly see him getting off scot-free in front of a jury of his peers. (I doubt that'll be the case, both because the victim here was a child and because GAMERS ER DA DEBUL HERP DERP DERP, but, y'know, generally speaking.)

“If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games.”
Bradford admitted the attack was 'moment of madness' as the child 'would not shut up'.
He said: “I'd been playing the whole day and he was baiting me and baiting me and just would not shut up.
“He went on and on and I just lost it. I hold my hands up, I lost the plot. In a moment of madness I went round to his house. I didn't know what I was going to do.”

:rofl:

Anyways, this is a good story for Jack Thompson to whine about! :roll:

Jack_Thompson_Oz.jpg

1. Kid trolls someone unstable that he knows in real life....

2. Unstable guy gets trolled.

3. Unstable guy beats up kid.

4. Lesson 1 of the story: Don't troll people you know....especially if they are unstable.

5. Lesson 2: Don't attack someone 30 years younger than you....wtf...

6. ????

7. PROFIT!!!

Ah the generous art of trolling..i even do it when i dont mean to somehow or so im told by people i soon discover to be idiots in their own right..does that still make me a troll?..idk but to my point

People SHOULD get knocked out if they are not gracefull about being able to kill you be it virtually or for real, it just takes a complete and utter asshole to mock someone youve killed..it just nullifies any view of your skill turning you into an insta-ass

no choking out a kid is not allright if youre 30 years older, but then again the laws are all based on language that can be infinetly twisted so it is a flawed system in its core..he didnt kill the kid nor did he mean to i think he wouldve choked him out cold and then let him drop like a dead chicken and just go home and jerk off to some prOn..and if my post is deemed as trollish well then what can you really say when someone accuses you of being a troll "no im not" doesent seem to cut it..

This scenario had to happen some day, and will probably happen again. It's an odds-game.
A certain numerical ammount of bratty kids online divided by the number of edgy ready-to-snap no-lifers, and this sorted by the travel distance between them.

I chuckled tho :D You can't say the kid hasn't learned a valuable lesson!

I can't believe some here are justifying that man's actions. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

First of all, taunts and insults are a normal and accepted part of almost any high-adrenaline, competitive sport, which includes online shooters. If you are such a hyperemotional bitch that you can't shrug them off as standard part of the competition, and instead feel the need to take the confrontation outside the arena (be that a football court or an Internet server), then you have no business playing the game in the first place - go back to fucking SimCity, and leave shooters to people who are man enough to play them.

The 13-year-old kid, as foul-mouthed and obnoxious as he is, gets is. He understands that what happens in the arena, stays in the arena. This makes him hell of a lot more mature and better-adjusted than the pathetic, vicious asshole who actually went out of his way to track him down in real life and physically assault him!

And let us not forget that this loser is an "unemployed father of three"! What kind of a pathetic sack of shit do you have to be to spend your days playing online shooters and brawling with teenagers instead of providing for your family? It's blatantly obvious that this guy has the social and moral worth of a slug, and I almost wish the kid had had the physical strength and presence of mind to kick the crap out of him, and thereby crush him in real life as thoroughly and completely as he did in Call of Duty.

Back