Gun Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Throatpunch, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, I am sure Switzerland will now become a Stalinist dictatorship.

2. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    I gave Mutant Scalper credit years ago because he's Finnish. "Racist"

However, on further reflection, his only contribution so far to debate in general has been autistic screeching.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
    Switzerland has 3.01 firearms related deaths per 100 k people. That's way more than say, Sweden or Denmark. So seems to me that having service weapons at home increases gun deaths.

4. The Dopamine Cleric

Nov 3, 2007
    Why don't you travel down to Varusteleka so you can finally find the husband you were always looking for mate?

5. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010

I... I just don't know. I honestly don't know how you could get to that sentence.
    That's mostly down to suicides. But homicide rate is actually larger in Sweden. You won't stop suicides, just make them easier with guns.

6. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Firearms are a high mortality suicide method, they make attempts more lethal and thus result in higher suicide figures. USA is actually climbing the ranks in the suicide statistics.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opini...society-shrugs-editorials-debates/1661312002/

Suicides aren't a magical thing the society has no influence over. The availability of things such as opioids, guns, etc. will cause the figures to go up.

7. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Because you sound all Drama-Lama about something that hasn't even happend yet.

Will Switzerland change their gun laws due to preasure from the EU? Will the EU even pursue this seriously? What if Switzerland says no, will they just throw them out? No negotiations? Nothing? Nada?

But even if it happens that laws have to be changed here, which I don't support and think would be terrible, I also don't believe that it will be the collapse of Switzerlands culture though.

8. The Dopamine Cleric

Nov 3, 2007
    Are there any hidden messages in this thread? Let's find out.

9. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, Switzerland actually did vote for stricter gun control today, so whatever.

10. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Well, that sucks. But I am sure Switzerland will prevail.

11. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Sure. I mean, they had to change their laws to suit the EU in 2008 already.

12. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Don't think I have autism. Btw do you have a problem with, say, kids who have autism?

13. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    I mean that's what you get when you have bilateral agreements.

Also the Swiss had a referendum and 64% argued in favour of stricter gun laws. So much for muh cultural heritage, I guess.

(Edit: Ah, didn't see the new posts. Well, so much for that.)

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  14. GonZo_626

GonZo_626 Well Shit!

Jul 29, 2016
    Uuuggghh I am a bit disgusted with myself for typing this right now as I feel it kinda goes more to the grave dancing that I have mentioned before but:

In Australia a man who is know to police and was released on parole with an ankle monitoring bracelet used a pump-action shotgun to kill 4 people and injure up to 7 others.

I will leave no further comment describing what I think of this situation beyond WTF Aussie police? Are we not supposed to monitor those people, and how did he get a gun? Is this gun control in action?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austr...n-arrested-after-shooting-in-darwin-australia

15. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    You're aware that depending on how it develops it can be an argument for it right

16. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 26, 2016
    Surprised nobody is talking about the Virginia shooting. Mutant's slacking off.

17. Eshanas

Eshanas Mildly Dipped

Jul 6, 2016
    What's to talk about? Dude used a semiauto to mow down people. What else is new?

18. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 26, 2016
    That brand spanking new semi-auto he used to gun down innocent people. Did you see the RPM on that badboy? Impressive - and it's without a bumperstock, too. I wonder if NRA monthly will do a special on it.

19. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Wasn't it a gentlemen of the black persuasion? they don't get much mention when it comes to mass shootings. Kinda like that church shooting.

20. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    And here we go. This is the message I was expecting. Shootings are ok as long as long as it's white folks shooting?

The ankle monitoring devices obviously don't stop one from getting and using a shotgun. Australia still has low gun violence figures, having said that it's not a perfect place.