Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Mash, May 14, 2008.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey there, good to see you again! :)

Just a question about the DirectX9 requirement, should we be concerned about this causing any compatibility or performance issues? Personally I don't use ddraw or f1_res in DX9 mode because it runs significantly slower on my system. That being said, I haven't tried it for a while, so I guess I can just try this release and let you know. :shrug: :look:

I like the new features; 8-bit screenshots was a pain if I forgot and saved real quick with MS Paint because it would corrupt the colors.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Can't wait to test the zoom...

Edit: Copied over to RP 2.3 - and I'm getting an error when starting the game:

"Error initializing video mode 640x480"

Changed the

; Set WINDOWED=1 to enable windowed mode.
    WINDOWED=0

and it still wont start...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  3. Mash

Mash Vault Engineer Modder

May 3, 2008
    @.Pixote.: What OS are you on? If Windows Vista or above use the 'Manually Edit Config' button from the f2_res_Config.exe. Also set WIN_DATA=0 rather than change windowed mode as that is the more likely cause.
    @Sduibek: The Zoom version does require a relatively new PC and at present a little more grunt than regular Dx9 mode. I plan on keeping it a separate version for this reason.

4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh, gotcha, I didn't process that it's a totally different version. My mistake. :silenced:

Also, is it possible for mousewheel-scrolling to work in other critters' inventories, when hovered over them? For example in Steal screen on a hireling (e.g. Ian) if I hover over his items and scroll with the wheel, is it possible to scroll his items instead of mine.

5. Mash

Mash Vault Engineer Modder

May 3, 2008
    That should already be possible with Alternate Mouse Input enabled.:confused:

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Ah! Okay, thanks. I haven't been using that, so that's why.

7. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    First post on this new (and shitty) forum :?

Mash, can you fix broken LoS for NPCs?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------EDIT

Any chances for:

Code:
    ; set to 1 to reduce CPU usage and heat generation by allowing the system to go idle. 
    CPU_USAGE_FIX=1
    hotfix for Mapper? This shit-written piece of software runs at 100% CPU even when ALT+TAB'ed to background.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  8. Jack C. Dan

Jack C. Dan First time out of the vault

Dec 8, 2008
    I hope this is the apropriate place to put this: I just can't seem to make the HiRes-Patch work, which comes with the RP2.3.3
    I want to apply a wide screen resolution which is lower than 1280X960 (e.g. 1024x600, the screen reolution of my laptop is 1366x768) but everytime i set such a resulution in the f2_res_Config an try to start the game it says error initializing video mode. What am i doing wrong?
    Graphics mode is dx9, latest dx runtime is installed.
    I've got WIN7 64 bit

The the the default resolutions in the f2_res_Config work just fine. But as I said i want a lower widescreen resolution, and scaling 2x isn't an option because of the nativ resolution of my screen. Any help is greatly apreciated.

9. Hootl

Hootl First time out of the vault

Jul 20, 2010
    First you must add your custom resolution to your video card list of resolutions. On ATI (AMD) cards it can be done by registry changes, on intel HD by intel HD control panel (on previous drivers).

I've question about changing the area of screen scrolling. When I move game cursor to screen edge then its working, but I want to increase this area to ease scrolling for hovering by wacom pen. Can I change it with res patch or sfall?

10. Jack C. Dan

Jack C. Dan First time out of the vault

Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks for the info Hootl, I wasn't aware of that. Everythings working fine now.

11. TheEart

TheEart First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2013
    Wow... Whether implemented for the mapper??! as a very important thing!

12. ????? ???????

????? ??????? First time out of the vault

Sep 24, 2014
  13. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    You can't fix it, it's normal, that's how the map is showed cause it's small in size. Smaller than the screen resolution you chose.

14. monfy

monfy First time out of the vault

Oct 19, 2014
    How about add FPS lock at 60fps?
    Fallout 2 with High Res patch 4.1.8+zoom runs at 1000fps. I'm using Msi Afterburner to lock to 60fps..... Would be great add 60fps lock in Hi-Res Patch.

15. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    I can't seem to be able to find...is this killap's RP compatible?

16. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    RP already includes the latest hi-res patch (4.1.8).

RP 2.3.3 Change Log:
    HTML:
    <snip>
    Misc:
    -----
    • High resolution patch updated to V4.1.8.
    <snip>

17. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    Strange. It doesn't work for me. It's as if without the Hi-Res patch!

EDIT: Solved. I am an idiot.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  18. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Is this mod dead? Would be happy to see features like:
    • taller message window
    • larger dialog/barter windows with more items on screen, etc.
    • larger worldmap window

I could try to do something with sfall, but first one it would be wrong, since there is a hi-res patch. And second, there is a new engine in the making.

Btw, is there a source code for this?

19. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    There is something that i asked for long time ago and got no answer:

High-res patch should use ONLY the directx that exists in the machine, it doesnt matter if it's dx9, 10, 11 or 12, it makes no sense to make high-res patch attached to DX9 only, neither having to download more than 90 MB for just (probably) a few dlls the package must contain.

20. leto

leto First time out of the vault

Jan 28, 2015
    I have a problem
    My game does not correspond to what is in the ini file at all. (Yes it is in the right folder)
    What should i do?