How Do You Feel About Gender Identity Hw ?

Is Gender Identity Important?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fizzycswag

First time out of the vault
I personally think that it's ridiculous. You can't just change your gender whenever you want. And the fake genders are even more ridiculous. If you have a dick you're a guy. If you have a vagina you're a girl. The End.

I think that most of what we associate with gender is purely arbitrary. When figuring out who we refer to as "He" or "She", or who wears what clothes, or what our expectations of someone based on their gender is, what genitalia they have is mostly irrelevant since all that stuff is mostly to do with culture and language, so we might as well as a society answer those questions based on what best empowers the individual.

There is of course biological sex, which is a reality, however even most of the stuff associated with that can be changed. If you've ever known anyone on Hormone Replacement Therapy you'd probably realise just how much about them changes. Lots of things such as weight, facial structure, development of secondary sex characteristics, even the way a person experiences their own sexuality are largely hormonal.

I think this is where the core misunderstanding regarding trans and non-binary people emerges. Lots of people assume that when people talk about gender identity they are trying to magically change their chromosomes and genitalia, when in reality it's mostly just people who are very aware of the limitations of what can and can't be changed about themselves, and using that to construct a personal identity they feel is more suited to them as individuals.

I think that most of what we associate with gender is purely arbitrary. When figuring out who we refer to as "He" or "She", or who wears what clothes, or what our expectations of someone based on their gender is, what genitalia they have is mostly irrelevant since all that stuff is mostly to do with culture and language, so we might as well as a society answer those questions based on what best empowers the individual.

There is of course biological sex, which is a reality, however even most of the stuff associated with that can be changed. If you've ever known anyone on Hormone Replacement Therapy you'd probably realise just how much about them changes. Lots of things such as weight, facial structure, development of secondary sex characteristics, even the way a person experiences their own sexuality are largely hormonal.

I think this is where the core misunderstanding regarding trans and non-binary people emerges. Lots of people assume that when people talk about gender identity they are trying to magically change their chromosomes and genitalia, when in reality it's mostly just people who are very aware of the limitations of what can and can't be changed about themselves, and using that to construct a personal identity they feel is more suited to them as individuals.
A major problem with this though is that they are trying to get society to confirm to their pronouns and refer to them as their gender. People also try to claim anything said against them (like it's not scientifically correct or gender is not a social idea) is "transphobic" which is completely ridiculous

Well, the thing is. You are free to do as your please, as long as you aren't bothering others (or worst)

If you wish, you can be a triple dick donkey, it doesn't matter to me as long as you don't try to force me into anything or harrassing me with how great it is to be a triple dick donkey. It might be great for you. It doesn't have to be for me.

Also, if you were born a guy and become a girl, and you want to be in relationship with me, you owe me the truth. Call me a jerk if i refuse you, but the choice should be mine, with all necessary intel.

Other than that, you can litterally be anything or consider youself anything. I won't shame you.

In the grand scheme of things, I find I don't really give a fuck. It's hard for me to see the harm if you want to go from calling yourself Joe to calling yourself Sally. You got a preferred pronoun or want me to call you Mrx Smith? As long as you aren't a jerk about it, it really doesn't seem like that much to ask of me. About the only thing I can't truly understand is the push for genderless bathrooms, in the sense that I've never met a woman who has looked at a public men's room and thought 'I really wish I could share sanitational space with a gender fundamentally incapable of keeping their urine in the toilet as opposed to all over the floor.' But if that's the choice you want to make, knock yourself out.

You have a penis, your a male. Have a Vagina? Female. It isn't rocket science. But again, I am merely speaking on the basic definition. I could care less how people ACT, but yea, gender is a real concrete thing. BTW, I am also operating on the premise of gender that one is BORN with. All that other stuff is literally attempting to change something that was already biologically decided.

A guy could be girly, like guys, what the fuck ever, no issues. But when a dude tries to go into a girls bathroom, that is a bit much.

This is a legitimate gender Tumblr came up with: "Freezegender - A gender that is cold and snowy."

1. Gender is something words have, not people. People are a certain sex - male or female.
2. There are no third or fourth sexes. You are either male or female, or you are one of those luckless souls with some kind of severe defect that leaves you stranded in the middle. This can be a chromosomal fuckup or a developmental fuckup, but it's a fuckup, not another sex. If you are a luckless soul, you have my sympathies but you are not some magical third or fourth category on the sex sheet - you just rolled snake-eyes somewhere along the line. Tough shit. Don't like it? Take it up with whatever god you choose to believe in.
3. If you are trans, you are not a member of some third or fourth sex - you are mentally ill, specifically a fairly severe form of body dysmorphia. You need something to bring your brain's perception in line with the reality of your body, not a quick trip to Thailand to be horrifically mutilated and a shit-ton of hormone therapy. Your body is not and was never the problem - it is your brain chemistry.
4. If you look male, I'm going to probably address you as such. If you are a male attempting to appear female, and you don't pass muster, I'm probably going to be extremely confused but I will not entertain your foolish delusions. The exact same goes when you invert the sexes. You can try and make "misgendering" illegal all you want, it WON'T make me think you are something that you clearly aren't. Fucking deal.
5. I don't care whether you're straight, gay, trans or cis. You are not entitled to my attention and you particularly are not entitled to my affection. Acting like you are is a good way to get yourself put in the ICU by someone who will NOT be as nice about it as I likely will. And you'll probably deserve it.
6. If you call me "transphobic" long enough, I'm just going to give less and less of a shit about the word. You have no power here. Bite me.

I can't pretend I get it, but I think everyone should be free to pursue happiness anyway they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone.
If someone prefers to be called a certain gender I will oblige.

I identify as a M1A2 Abrams tank, does this count? I have no problem with what ever you want to call yourself, just don't expect me to call you anything but what I choose. I like free speech over compelled speech.

I dont agree with any of it. I think trans and gay peoppe should do what they want in the privacy, not shove it down the throats of everibody and ask to be represented in everything. I think gender identity is a made up thing createdby mentaly men people wanting attention.

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

What I really don’t like is when they sit first graders in a classroom and teach them all this shit. I think it’s too young. A kid that age can ask a question to an adult if they want to. They don’t need an adult subject like this pounded into them from birth. I mean we got 7 year old trannies now. SHAKE MY HEAD.

I accept transsexuals are a thing, that they exist, and it's not really that big a deal for me to alter the pronouns I use if I know they're taking steps to transition.

That's about where my tolerance ends. When it gets to just attention-seeking nonsense I want nothing to do with it.

I find this a difficult issue to really comment on myself as my thoughts are not clear on it.
I think people should pursue what makes them happy, but what makes them happy should not bother, or influence other people's happiness. The whole thing about micro aggressions because people who have their own gender concept are upset when someone who is talking to them makes an assumption based on appearance.

Likewise I am against the idea of educating young children about gender fluidity and similar topics. It may be sold as making children more comfortable with the concept but I feel it will rather lead to more confusion. Furthermore I do not find it that far off compared to how religion or certain political streams (communism for example) tries to ingrain itself into young susceptible minds that have yet to develop a clear perception of self (what do I believe in? what are my political leanings?).
I feel it is a form of indoctrination.

Last, what kind of bothers me sometimes about the LGBTQ thing is that what originally seemed to be about acceptance by others on not being harassed or considered mentally ill now has turned into about being in everyone's face. It is no longer about society acknowledging that such individuals exist, they now need to be on television and in internet articles, and they need to be told how brave they are.

This doesn't necessarily come from these individuals but rather the people who think that they should fight for these individuals rights but that is a whole different can of worms.

whatever really, man. call yourself whatever you want. i just call most people dude anyway

edit: i sound like a retarded cholo surfer

Liberal bullshit gone too far, that's what it is. Now anyone who sees other sex as more comfortable to live (usually to live as female) in this world now can fake gender dysphoria diagnosis and think that it will somehow resolve their problems in life.

Back