How excited are you for Fallout 4?

Fallout 4 could just be Van Buren fixed up and I'd still buy it
Still? Honestly Van Buren is the best thing FO4 could be at this point. Or at least vastly preferable to 'Skyrim with guns' that has long since abandoned any ties to the RPG genre to focus on the modern 'broad demographic' genre, which is practically the only one that still exists in the world of mainstream gaming. Sadly, I think we can all guess which of the two FO4 is going to be. After all the budget is better spent on marketing campaigns such as 'unbiased reviews' on gaming websites, than good writers or designers.

Fallout 4 could just be Van Buren fixed up and I'd still buy it
Still? Honestly Van Buren is the best thing FO4 could be at this point.

Not sure how The Hanged Man story could co-exist with The Burned Man story. :confused:

Considering that Bethesda already effectively threw continuity out the window and just went with whatever they felt like, it seems that shoehorning is the official story writing policy for Bethesda's Fallout Team.

Excited? I would not use that term, I'm mostly just interested.
Seems fairly obvious it will not be ported from PC to console, but the other way around.
This usually makes me lose interest quickly.
What I would like to see is top down perspective S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (the 1st one)
Or something like diablo 2, but in post nuclear horror setting. With scavenging and all that.
That's what I would expect from FO4, but it isn't very likely to happen.

Now if Fallout 4 could be something similar to Metro: 2033 or Metro: Last Light in the story telling department, while going with the play style of Fallout 3: Van Buren then I'd be highly excited for the product, but more than likely it'll just be another rehash of Bethesda's: Fallout 3 with better graphics and another poor story.

Fallout 4: Skyrim With Guns

Considering the jarring difference of quality between Oblivion and Skyrim, that is probably the most frightening metaphors I've read. The future is very dark...

Now if Fallout 4 could be something similar to Metro: 2033 or Metro: Last Light in the story telling department, while going with the play style of Fallout 3: Van Buren then I'd be highly excited for the product, but more than likely it'll just be another rehash of Bethesda's: Fallout 3 with better graphics and another poor story.

Fallout 4: Skyrim With Guns

Too late, Far Cry 3 is already that.

But Far Cry series did not start with one of the best RPG games of all time. Fallout did (FO1 is 18th by Metacritic user score, FO2 is 5th - in PC RPG category). What is somewhat heartwarming is taking a look at Metacritic PC RPG ranking by user score - among the games on the first page (top 30 games) are the old Fallouts, Morrowind, VtMB, Planescape Torment, KotOR and more. Skyrim doesn't make the top 30 though (interestingly it is top 2 by Metascore). Kinda shows that marketing isn't everything.

Last edited:
As long as they stay away from the Core Region, I don't care what Bethesda do with Fallout 4. God help us if they start thinking of doing anything with the West Coast Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave Remnants.....

I am actually excited for Fallout 4, but only in the same way as someone interested in what a train wreck might look like.
(I wish we could get a sequel to Fallout New Vegas, or get to see what happens to the West Coast, but God almighty please don't let Bethesda anywhere near it)

Personally, a Fallout 4 situated in the Midwest region would be pretty cool. As interesting as the West Coast and East Coast were, more happened in the United States, and it would be nice to see what had happened to the Midwest region. Obviously, the central city would likely be Chicago, but you could also visit rural communities that can go as far south as Indianapolis and as far west as Springfield.

However, I would hope for a region in Fallout 4 with an oriental or at least an ethnic mixture (ala Vault 15)... just as an excuse to use the "Many Contrasts" tune again.

I am not excited about Fallout 4 because there's nothing available to see to be excited about. I even doubt that the game is being developed. I think it's all some sort of joke to let me down at the end of the day. I also doubt that it's going to be the challenging sort of game, probably it will be made accessible like Skyrim.

However, I would hope for a region in Fallout 4 with an oriental or at least an ethnic mixture (ala Vault 15)... just as an excuse to use the "Many Contrasts" tune again.
I would like to see a Fallout game set somewhere in the north area, maybe even Canada? It was annexed after all

I would like to see a Fallout game set somewhere in the north area, maybe even Canada? It was annexed after all

I suppose that would be interesting. Seeing Canada's wilderness all burned to ash with only mountains left would be a big change from the desert. Hell, if its so up north maybe they can make it a Nuclear Winter.

I am really hoping that it's going to be one of the announcements at their E3 exhibit.

I'm being really superstitious about it and have taken to drinking some mexico-imported glass bottle coca-cola in apprehension of what will happen. Hopefully it's not another Tunnel Snakes Incident.

I think while the next fallout game might be Fallout 4, it might also be a remake of the original Fallout.

Even if the game is not as good in terms of story compared to Fallout New Vegas, but just better than Fallout 3 I will be good since I didn't mind Fallout 3 too much after the DLC made the ending more tolerable.

I think that once the next Bethesda Fallout gets released, we might be able to get another Obsidian Fallout.

I wouldn't say no to a Fantasy Flight Licensed Tabletop Roleplaying game either, to finish what Sawyer started.

I pretty hyped for F4 even though we haven't heard a thing about it, I personally hope it's set in either San Francisco or the Mid-West. I wouldn't mind if the rumours were true and it was set in Boston.

Back