Votes: 12 57.1%
  • < 0

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

mobucks

President of racism.
Orderite
That died of Covid?

This is important to me because I'm starting to worry that I'm worrying too much about something that may or may not be a real threat.

What's your situation? How has it affected you?

In the past 11 months, living in one of the least locked states, I haven't met one person that knows another person that has died due to the pandemic. I know people that got sick but that's about it.

Someone who used to come into the shop died of it.

Currently, he is the only one who I know has passed from it.

Coworkers grandpa died from it. Other than that I only hear of deaths from my aunt who works at the hospital. Almost all of them are old people as well.

I know literally nothing, my brain is so smooth that your petty words merely fall off mortal.

My dad knows three acquaintances that died from it, all on the middle aged to older side.

My grandad got it post-vaccine and it fucked up his lungs to the point he's going to be on oxygen for the last years of his life.

I know someone my age who had it and it has given him permanent tinnitus as an after effect (which as someone with tinnitus, I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.) Which apparently happens in like 15% of cases. He was fine otherwise but it's fucked him for life.

My coworkers bitch that they lost someone. But IDK. Do I even care? Thought my grandmother did, but she died of Cervical cancer. So, no one.

The lethality of the disease, 4 odd million dead out of a billion or so infected (WHO high suspected count)....It's, well honestly I just can't really care about it.

A social media influencer whom I'm a fan of died of Covid complications. So far none of my relatives have it yet because we are all taking care of ourselves.

My family went for the vaccine and knock on wood no one I know directly or indirectly has died from it. I didn’t get the vaccine, nor am I the safest person distancing wise, but my immune system is tanky so helping out at the Veteran’s Hospital in Providence and having them hack on me directly (I shit you not) doesn’t impact me at all.

Funnily enough, I wasn’t always like that. I was a very thin and sickly child, and I’d get a fever and flu every Christmas like clockwork; then after my 15th birthday I filled out physically and my immune system pulled a Teddy Roosevelt and now I’m immune to diseases.

Bow before Nurgle.

zero. my friends mother, who's 95 years old got Covid. Survived without problems...

My parents knows of one person, in his 50's, but he had some complication before.

If it helps, i'm in Sweden. Masks aren't even a thing, no one wears them... we do have plenty of dead in comparison to Norway (600 there in comparison to Sweden with 14000).. but Sweden are always best at being the worst lol

One of my former neighbours, father of one of my former coworkers and grandmother of another, 5 employees of our various clients (that I know of)- including one that was our contact in their logistics department, co-owner of our client company (started by two brothers, one of them died and they had to rebrand), another client's secretary's husband, local homeless guy that would visit us at work to sell used toners, my grandma's long time friend (they were both teachers at the same school), my math teacher from elementary school and my aunt's father-in-law.

Wow Alphons that's a lot.
The whole situation is still bugging me. Recently spoke to a healthcare worker of my local hospital. She said the whole situation is overblown. She claimed that hospitals make thousands of dollars from the government for each covid patient. If you test positive and require treatment the hospital gets a few grand. If they put you on a ventilator, even if you don't need one, the hospital gets paid north of 30,000 dollars. If you die the hospital gets just shy of ten thousand. She said the nurses and doctors are pissed but at the end of the day they want to keep their jobs so it's all up to the billing department which obviously only cares about making money.

My Grandfather recently died of COVID, a few weeks ago. For his age and the way he abused his body in his life, he was fit as a fiddle mentally and physically. Scarring on the lungs got him in the end, they thought he might pull through for a bit but they said they didn't know enough about the exact nature of post-covid scarring to tell. He was able to be kept alive on machinery but it wasn't sustainable beyond the immediate short term, so they had to slowly whittle down his oxygen before finally it'd be too little for him to live. COVID had fucked up his lungs to the extent that his lungs weren't able to handle lower levels of oxygen.That was the worst I think, since he was totally mentally together but he was a dead man talking. We had to hide that he was dying from him.

All because one of the carers in his retirement home either falsified something or lied (They have mandatory regular tests), came in infected and infected a whole bunch of older people. No idea what'll happen to them legally, but man.

Last edited:
Damn Postman, that's rough. No one in the fam has died from it (knock on wood), just people I work with, or extended family of theirs.

Back