Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Hello, I have been fascinated by the Fallout Series after playing 3 and New Vegas for the past ten years. Despite starting with 3, I literally ditched it when I played NV for the first time. My experiences with NV were far more memorable because of the engaging storytelling and philosophical debates over opposing ideologies within the backdrop of a post-apocalyptic setting. It was what convinced me to consider playing the first and second titles in the Series.

3, for all of its fan service and emphasis on exploring, gunning and looting wore off very quickly for being too repetitive and boring after a while. Many of the problems that I had with it were literally repeated almost verbatim in 4 and 76. I am glad that I steered away from the hype over those two, preferring to spend my time and money on the more valuable titles.

It is nice to meet everyone.
Wilkommen

Hello Everyone.

New member here who decided to create an account and hopefully interact with fellow Fallout fans.

I've been an an avid fan of both Fallout NV - which was my original intro to the series, and then of course Fallout 3. And while there were many things I would have changed with Fallout 4 and would have liked to have seen done differently, I must admit to really enjoying that game as well. No such luck getting into F76, however. I just could never get past the multiplayer vibe of the game - which is a play style I do not personally enjoy.

Since pretty much exhausting F4, my attention has gravitated to the older Black Isle games, and after a few plays of those, I have been tackling some modded versions of them, such as Resurrection 1.5 & the F2 Restoration Project to name a couple of examples.

Anyway, Just wanted to drop a 'Hello' to the NMA community and introduce myself, and say that I'm glad to now belong to a forum composed of like-minded Fallout enthusiasts.

OldeGhoul

Welcome!

I won’t judge you for enjoying Beth Fallout, but some here will. My advice is to not let them vex you. The community means well, we’re just passionate.

Hope you stick around!

Welcome!

I won’t judge you for enjoying Beth Fallout, but some here will. My advice is to not let them vex you. The community means well, we’re just passionate.

Hope you stick around!

Gotcha, understood, and Thanks.

I thought my early passion for the Beth/Obsidian titles might be a ... sticking point with some members. I guess my only defense is to say that without them, I never would have explored and developed an intense interest in the BI titles.

I remember a conversation I had with an old Fallout super-fan when FNV was first released on whether it was a good game, worth my time investment, etc. His reply that while FNV & F3 were both very good games and right up my alley, they both lacked "The coollness" the earlier titles had which made them so memorable.

I didn't fully understand his statement at the time, but of course - now I do.

Thanks again for the 'heads-up' and the welcome.

OldeGhoul

Last edited:
Some people don't like the Beth stuff, but it's not a big deal. It will just be ribbing and catalyst for conversation and fun comparisons.

hello all, "newcomer" to the franchise here (have only been playing since 2018, been aware of the franchise for a LONG time), using quotation marks since a few days ago i checked and apparently i'm at the global top 250 for hours in new vegas so that's gotta count for something

played about half of fo1, currently beating geckos to death in fo2, and left fo3 after 8 hours or so of playing since after a while you start going "man i could be playing new vegas instead"

not really one of those "BETHESDA BAD INTERPLAY GOOD" people (ESPECIALLY considering BOS exists) but i can't really get into it, would love to try out FO4 one day but my pc sucks badly so that's that

as for games outside fallout, the half-life series and generally anything valve are pretty dear to me and paradox grand strategy games are somewhat of a guilty pleasure too (OWB for HOI4 is one of the coolest game crossovers i've played flaws aside)

not a lot else to say, feel free to ask anything anytime on my profile

Welcome scootr. I'm a forum newbie myself. I find it interesting that your introduction to the Fallout games was initially through New Vegas, same as myself.

I've read chatter before that since many of the personnel involved with the Interplay/BI games were also involved in the development of FNV, it is considered by many fans to be an 'unofficial sequel' to Fallout 2. As someone like you whose progression in these games seems similar to mine, I would tend to agree with that sentiment.

Again, welcome

OldeGhoul.

Gotcha, understood, and Thanks.

I thought my early passion for the Beth/Obsidian titles might be a ... sticking point with some members. I guess my only defense is to say that without them, I never would have explored and developed an intense interest in the BI titles.

I remember a conversation I had with an old Fallout super-fan when FNV was first released on whether it was a good game, worth my time investment, etc. His reply that while FNV & F3 were both very good games and right up my alley, they both lacked "The coollness" the earlier titles had which made them so memorable.

I didn't fully understand his statement at the time, but of course - now I do.

Thanks again for the 'heads-up' and the welcome.

OldeGhoul
Don't take that for too much. People aren't going to rib the fuck out of you for playing any of the Bethesda titles. They are going to rib you for making new threads and freaking out because you can't handle the fact that a majority of this forum prefers Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas and have clear stated reasons for that. Many older members here played the Bethesda ones, hell the guy keeping this place running plays Fallout 76. I've tried most of them out myself. The issue comes from when you cannot accept that there's no real arguing here that Bethesda Fallouts are better. No matter how much you think you're right or even are about certain aspects.

In short, don't have a mental breakdown that we don't love Fallout 3, 4, and/or 76 and we'll all probably get along.

Ah, here it is. Hello, I've made a few posts already and I have absolutely nothing meaningful to say at the moment but I wanted to be polite and introduce myself. I hope this counts!

Hello, I'm ancient and found my old NMA account. Awesome to see this community still going. I really should stop by more often, it's been seven years since my last post :)

Hello, I just joined. Honestly I dunno why I created account just now since I happened stumble opon various posts from here over the years and yet didn't decide to join. I guess better late than never :D

Welcome!

*Have a fishy stick:
Fishy-Stick.jpg

Back