It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down.

Just went to reddit for a bit. Weird folks. Here's what they told me in relation to NMA:

Last edited by a moderator:
The joke is that from what I've seen of reddit's discussion, they're dumb as bread and behave like children.

Uh, if I may.

Seems like the game is already losing steam, at about 150+ hours in and after the main quest. Turns out the game has all the first impressions and none of the staying power.

But hell, you all know this already. You're goddamn prophets, the bunch of you. I'm new here and already impressed.

If anything, that's not even the only post available on this stuff. Tumbling down, indeed. How do you all do this? Foresight?

I knew this would happen after Skyrim was shit out into the world, so I sat in my computer chair for 4 long years waiting for the day I might be right.
Seriously though, Bethesda are as predictable as usual, look at the decline of their game quality and you won't mistaken the believability that they'll never improve at this rate of decline.

@Akratus Why would you bother going to Reddit? It's just a big Fallout 4 circle jerk about how Fallout 4 can do no wrong or how it cured their dog of rabies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, if I may.

Seems like the game is already losing steam, at about 150+ hours in and after the main quest. Turns out the game has all the first impressions and none of the staying power.

But hell, you all know this already. You're goddamn prophets, the bunch of you. I'm new here and already impressed.

If anything, that's not even the only post available on this stuff. Tumbling down, indeed. How do you all do this? Foresight?

1. We cried and cried, and grieved for the loss of Fallout 3, the dream that would never be ("van buren")
2. We observed how Beth treated The Elder Scrolls, transitioning from Morrowind to Oblivion
3. We froze in our tracks, when Beth declared they would be making Fallout 3, and "Oblivion with guns" was allready a term by then - once the game was out, well, we fucking knew it. I wasn't on NMA then, so I couldn't share my suffering with anybody :(

And that was a hard learned lesson, and then you do as Dr. Phil suggests - you judge future behavior based on past behavior. What is most likely that will happen?
Oblivion became Skyrim.
And the rest, is history... :'/

I still say it's magic!

Like the Mama Murphy kind of magic?

No. Real magic!

You're making me think of that Spongebob part where he makes that rainbow...wait that would make a good meme...make it happen! :look:

I'd love to see that too. But anyway, we're all magical... believe it...

22032391.jpg

I still say it's magic!

No. Real magic!

You're making me think of that Spongebob part where he makes that rainbow...wait that would make a good meme...make it happen! :look:

View attachment 2436

No gif image? Aw.

Uh, if I may.

Eh, funny, I thought the game improved as I played it myself (it's still just decent, nothing spectacular).

But, there's two parts to the answer. The first part is that the game's flaws are immediately very visible. Poor graphics. Bugs up the whazoo. Shit optimization. Interface designed by a supervillain out to torture our minds. Writing that varies between decent (yes, really) and abysmal. Shitty dialog system. Streamlined RPG systems even compared to FO3. All the usual Bethesda oddities such as dumb AI, long loading times, side content for its own sake and world that is designed as a theme park rather than a coherent whole. You either get over those flaws and enjoy the game (I did, to a degree) or stay stuck on them. I actually think the game delivers a terrible first impression in the first few hours of play.

The second part, of course, is that most people here are wary of Bethesda at best, and detest all their design philosphies and handling of the Fallout lore at worst, and thus will have a very hard time seeing FO4 as a great or even good game in the first place. Glittering gem of hatred and all that.

In addition, the game being the usual Bethesda-esque open beta at launch sits less well with players, I think, since the slew of broken AAA games that have been released over the last few years. Many people just don't have the patience for bug-ridden 70$ (80$ here in Canada!) titles anymore. Since Bethesda made such a mountain of dosh with Skyrim, you'd think they would invest some of that money into great QA, but FO4 seems to be their worst launch since Oblivion.

I still say it's magic!

No. Real magic!

View attachment 2436

No gif image? Aw.
I couldn't find a good one so this is what I used. Everytime something in a Bethesda game has no explanation we can just refer to this as an answer. ;-)

I still say it's magic!

No. Real magic!

View attachment 2436

No gif image? Aw.
I couldn't find a good one so this is what I used. Everytime something in a Bethesda game has no explanation we can just refer to this as an answer. ;-)

It's just magic, deal with it.

Back