It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down.

It's not me who started the bull shit. Some immature clowns on here just cant stand to hear or read anything they dont agree with and god forbid Bethesda gets any positive credit for anything.

I've said on this very forum several times that Fallout 3, the original BETHESDA Fallout, was in my opinion a great game despite the fact that it was different from Fallout 1 and 2. I enjoyed Fallout 3 very much, and it was my introduction to the Fallout world. I since played all Fallout games and while I love the originals, I still like Fallout 3 and LOVE New Vegas.

And yet here I am saying that Fallout 4 is a direct insult not just to Fallout fans but to video game players as a group. As are 2,000 other reviewers on Metacritic.

I truly envy the individual that does not see that Fallout 4 is a mediocre game with awful writing and is not at all a role playing game, because that person will enjoy the future of the AAA games industry.

What you fail to acknowledge is that it is not just the hardcore Fallout 1 and 2 fans that hate everything Bethesda does and refuse to acknowledge the existence of a Fallout 3, it's people like me who fell in love with Fallout 3 and New Vegas and yet are capable of recognizing a dumbed down, mass marketed action-FPS pretending to be an RPG in order to cash-in on the Fallout name and sell to less mature audiences. I can recognize a Dragon Age 2 and a Mass Effect 3, and I have the basic understanding that advertisers are not my friend, and the companies they work for are not my buddy.

In short, Fallout 4 is an insult not just to hardcore Fallout 1 and 2 fans, it's an insult to ALL Fallout fans and disgraces even Fallout 3 as a role playing game. But at least Codsworth can say my name, right?

Last edited:
Whole lot of adorable excuses from illogical clowns who simply want to hate on Bethesda simply for buying a "good" series. Face itclowns Fallout 4 is leagues better than NV or the turds that make up the originals.Bethesda doesnt cate about the irrelevant whining and Fallout 5 will thankfully be more inline with 4 than anything else.

Obvious troll is obvious. :look:

Whole lot of adorable excuses from illogical clowns who simply want to hate on Bethesda simply for buying a "good" series. Face itclowns Fallout 4 is leagues better than NV or the turds that make up the originals.Bethesda doesnt cate about the irrelevant whining and Fallout 5 will thankfully be more inline with 4 than anything else.

Can you artictulate anything you just said? Or is it going to boil down to conjecture and abstract claims with no elaboration just. "Your opinion man."

I think that response by that person gave me eye cancer.

Yeah. Not worth the typing effort if they can't see the trees for the forest.

Fallout 4 would be considered a mediocre game if it wasn't made by Bethesda.

Mediocre at best.

Super Bunnyhop said it best - the game has issues that would have had it universally panned by critics if it came from any other studio. But this is Bethesda we're talking about here, and the game has Fallout in the title.

It helps one to realize that they're primarily sandbox developers, and after that, they coat their sandboxes with light RPG elements, which of course does not suit a series like Fallout. Their writing may not be strong or innovative, but they are capable of more choice and consequence. After Fallout 4, it should be clear they purposely choose not to do that because it's not as much of a priority to them as creating sandboxes.

This is of course unfortunate, and I would have loved to see Bethesda draw inspiration from New Vegas, for instance. This is also kind of comforting, because I don't need to wonder much about whether Bethesda will make a great RPG. I know it's extremely likely it won't happen, and I've accepted that.

This has actually helped me find some good amount of enjoyment from Fallout 4. I basically tune out the voiced protagonist and just go around the world like I used to and it is a good exploration game. There are lots of little stories to be uncovered through exploration and reading, which I am definitely glad to see they didn't remove. The second my main character opens his mouth though immersion breaks :(
My major grip is the fact that 4 isn't an RPG and I / my Char have no agency. I cant RP. I can't manage my stats.- I can't even see them.

The forced background, forced personality etc really pulls me out of it. I'm a gay woman trying to RP but i've to listen to my char drone on about her husband . Dialogue is awful (a pity since the female VA is good) and is all smoke and mirrors. Quests are stripped bare of variation, multiple approaches or different branches. Writing is stale and desperate for 'epic moments'. Lore retconning (sorry I'm calling it what it is- blatant disregard, disrespect and ego) is infuriatingly unnecessary. I am enjoying the game but honestly Fallout 4 = Mass Effect + Borderlands - Fallout. And its heartbreaking because this series is my true love in life (haha) and after NV I thought Beth were going to actually do it well.
And this coming from a 24 year old 80%-console user so I'm not an elitist or an older gamer who played FO and 2 on release.

2 > NV > 4 >= 1 > 3 personally.

I've said on this very forum several times that Fallout 3, the original BETHESDA Fallout, was in my opinion a great game despite the fact that it was different from Fallout 1 and 2. I enjoyed Fallout 3 very much, and it was my introduction to the Fallout world. I since played all Fallout games and while I love the originals, I still like Fallout 3 and LOVE New Vegas.

User reviews on Metacritic are 100% worthless; that site doesn't even try to verify that you OWN the game and is susceptible to being spammed by one person with bad reviews.

If you want a site with accurate user reviews for Fallout 4 see Steam. At least they verify you bought the game so if you're gonna spam bad/good reviews you'll have to pay for it..

I've played Fallout since the early 2000's and started with the first game. Fallout 1 & 2 (2 to a lesser extent) were great. Fallout 3 was horrible, New Vegas was passable and 4's in about the same boat as New Vegas to me. It's all a matter of personal preference.

User reviews on Metacritic are 100% worthless; that site doesn't even try to verify that you OWN the game and is susceptible to being spammed by one person with bad reviews.

If you want a site with accurate user reviews for Fallout 4 see Steam. At least they verify you bought the game so if you're gonna spam bad/good reviews you'll have to pay for it.

That doesn't stop players with bad reviews, and reasons to back up their reviews, being written off as trolls, or players who simply gush praise and say little else giving out 8's, 9's, and 10's. (For this game, the reviews on Metacritic that are less than 6 are better written as reviews, while many of the ones above an 8 do little but gush praise, demean every negative review as trolling, and blatantly say that the reviewer has never played a Fallout game in the past yet this one is pure gold.)

And as for Metacritic, you seem to be forgetting the other ways console players like me can play games, that being rentals and borrowing. In which case, so what if you don't own the game? You still played it.

If you want a site with accurate user reviews for Fallout 4 see Steam. At least they verify you bought the game so if you're gonna spam bad/good reviews you'll have to pay for it..

I've played Fallout since the early 2000's and started with the first game. Fallout 1 & 2 (2 to a lesser extent) were great. Fallout 3 was horrible, New Vegas was passable and 4's in about the same boat as New Vegas to me. It's all a matter of personal preference.

If it's so worthless then why did BETHESDA limit Obsidian's payment because of it?

That doesn't stop players with bad reviews, and reasons to back up their reviews, being written off as trolls, or players who simply gush praise and say little else giving out 8's, 9's, and 10's. (For this game, the reviews on Metacritic that are less than 6 are better written as reviews, while many of the ones above an 8 do little but gush praise, demean every negative review as trolling, and blatantly say that the reviewer has never played a Fallout game in the past yet this one is pure gold.)

And as for Metacritic, you seem to be forgetting the other ways console players like me can play games, that being rentals and borrowing. In which case, so what if you don't own the game? You still played it.

You're not understanding my point here.

Because of how anyone can just make an account on Metacritic and review something however they like, as many times as they like with multiple accounts whether they own it or not alone makes the site not a credible source for reviews. If you do not see that as flawed I do not know what to tell you.

More accurate reviews can be found from sites like Steam, Amazon, Green Man Gaming - basically any place you buy it from where at a minimum it's ensured they actually own what it is they're reviewing.

You're not understanding my point here.

Because of how anyone can just make an account on Metacritic and review something however they like, as many times as they like with multiple accounts whether they own it or not alone makes the site not a credible source for reviews. If you do not see that as flawed I do not know what to tell you.

More accurate reviews can be found from sites like Steam, Amazon, Green Man Gaming - basically any place you buy it from where at a minimum it's ensured they actually own what it is they're reviewing.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PC/...UTF8&qid=1448268461&sr=1-1&keywords=fallout+4 2.9 Stars for PC on Amazon :look:

hello all.
coming here for my own opinion.
first points. about myself. ima CLASSIC fallout fan. "fallout 3?" ... no. get out. leave.
second. ik that the style of game has changed in Bethesda's hands. cool alright.
C. iv logged 112 hours of FALLOUT 4 so far.
thats all you need to know. SO
here we go.
=
FALLOUT 4 ... or better "Not Fallout 4 Simulator" for those who wana... joke
IS a bad FALLOUT
dont get me wrong. Fallout 4 is a GREAT game. great game. love it. new big thing for FPS...
yes FPS. why do i say this? well... Fallout 4 isnt... a Fallout. Why?
well lets go threw it correctly. listing off
-no skills
-no traits
-no RPG system generator (i.e. what Fallout 2 used as a way to check if the player could meet multiple requirements in certain ways to do certain things)
-no voiceless protagonist... well i sorta wanted to play the game... not play it as someone i no nothing of.
-no real backstory. what fallout didnt do this? hell Fallout BOS did that!
-no Ron Perlman. really. WTF. havnt been this ticked sense i found out that David Hayter wasnt going to be in MGSV because KONAMI was being a... flower... yes i purposely slept flower.
-no real connection to any other fallout. other then other fallouts connecting FO4 story wise or even side quests. maybe FO3 but havnt caught that quest yet.
-chat system is messed up, thank for the ideas Mass Effect! but there IS a mod that can fix it.
-no karma
-no reputation... they couldnt take a hint from the original devs at Obsidian.
-power armor is the ONLY thing... item. that is destructible. the HARDEST thing in the wasteland. for military troops to wear.
-power armor is too easy to come across
-Bioshock infinite graphics
-Boarderlands leveling system
=
k so alot of people think we all want the classics to have been fallout 4... with TBS and other crap that we dont generally NEED anymore. but omg... FO4 needs to be alot more like FO3 in this sense! its such a massive back pedal! why!

Last edited:
If it's so worthless then why did BETHESDA limit Obsidian's payment because of it?

Do you mistake me for a Bethesda fanboy or something? I only enjoyed Fallout 4. Doesn't mean I like the company.

Anyway, yeah even that is worthless. Look at some of the sites that scored New Vegas badly (which made them miss out on that bonus pay.)

I don't recognize a lot of them and the ones I do would not be a place I would go to determine whether or not a game is good. (GameShark/Cheat Code Central/1Up aka ex-EGM shills)

Back