"Kid In The Fridge" Quest = the stupidest quest ever.

A game that had 4 years to make had so much cut content. I wonder why...
No, really, why does it have so much cut content? Only theory I can think of is that they're getting lazier and lazier and this time around just went "eh, I can't be bothered" and then simply decided to cut a bunch of shit.

Hang on, wasn't there something about Skyrim being designed as linear and guided as it was (essential characters and key required doors) because if it wasn't it literally broke the game? I mean... Maybe that's why they cut so much content. Because whatever they did from Gamebryo to "Creation" broke their own engine and so now that they had to try and figure out how to offer the player choices it became even more apparent how bad their engine was at dealing with it so they had to stitch together what they had and used shit like radiant quests to fool the players into thinking that it is a full experience when really it is as bare bones as it can be.

Could that be it?

Hang on, wasn't there something about Skyrim being designed as linear and guided as it was (essential characters and key required doors) because if it wasn't it literally broke the game? I mean... Maybe that's why they cut so much content. Because whatever they did from Gamebryo to "Creation" broke their own engine and so now that they had to try and figure out how to offer the player choices it became even more apparent how bad their engine was at dealing with it so they had to stitch together what they had and used shit like radiant quests to fool the players into thinking that it is a full experience when really it is as bare bones as it can be.

Could that be it?

Possibly. I kind of doubt it though.... but it makes some sense. I think they relied on the hype and fuck all else.

Could that be it?

More like they knew people would buy it no matter what with very little info of the game to go on.

That seems like too simple of an explanation though. Laziness, arrogance, incompetence, it's too easy. Sometimes things in life are simple and easy to interpret but still.

I might just create a joke mod for New Vegas where you have to rescue a Ghoul from a fridge.

Honestly, while I still defend fallout 4 in some aspects, with time I have came to the conclusion that what they did with F4 is unacceptable. They released a half made game, with a beautiful yet edit: tiny world with too much closed spaces and beatiful vistas. I did enjoy it for a time, but as i mentioned previously I cant play it for more than 10 minutes even if I try, I always find things better to do. I succumb to the notion that Bethesda is, in their current state and current time, is a bad overhyped developer.

Maybe they rely too much on the mod support, why bother, when they can make it for you, right?

Honestly, while I still defend fallout 4 in some aspects, with time I have came to the conclusion that what they did with F4 is unacceptable. They released a half made game, with a beautiful yet edit: tiny world with too much closed spaces and beatiful vistas. I did enjoy it for a time, but as i mentioned previously I cant play it for more than 10 minutes even if I try, I always find things better to do. I succumb to the notion that Bethesda is, in their current state and current time, is a bad overhyped developer.

Maybe they rely too much on the mod support, why bother, when they can make it for you, right?

Right. And damn do they live for the hype. Hype is the only thing that kept them alive. And it's going to do it again with Elder Scrolls 6.

At least I could play Skyrim for way longer than F4, not that it makes it a better game...

Maybe I should thank them for making me spend less time on meaningless stuff like video games, especially their video games.

Right. And damn do they live for the hype. Hype is the only thing that kept them alive. And it's going to do it again with Elder Scrolls 6.

I think we may have discovered what kept that kid alive, he's a Bethesda fan and lives solely on hype for the next TES game.

If you chose the Wild Wasteland perk in New Vegas, you would stumble upon a refrigerator somewhere just outside of Goodsprings. Inside it, there is a skeleton wearing Indiana Jones' hat and other items indicating this was a joke regarding the recent Indiana Jones and the Ancient Aliens scene where he hides in a refrigerator to survive a detonation of a nuclear weapon. This film takes place in 1957 and he opens the fridge from the inside after surviving. The whole scene in New Vegas only appears if you select the Wild Wasteland perk which also has references to Monty Python and other clever but not over-the-top or immersion-breaking in your face scenes.

In contrast, Kid in the Fridge is part of the actual story of Fallout 4. Not only that, but the entire quest that plays out when you let the kid out of the fridge is boring and dumb as rocks. The kid survives and turns into a ghoul and cannot let himself out of the fridge, but had no food or water for 200 years, despite the fact that the ghouls of Necropolis explicitly died of dehydration.

Why? The response to this question was the same that Michael Bay gave Ben Affleck when he questioned the absurdity of training drillers to be astronaut in Armageddon: "Shut up."

Or, in their words "Not interested in discussing realism in a game with talking mutants...writers are allowed to have fun."

Last edited:
Back