Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Muttie

Muttie It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 9, 2017
    I did a quick-test: I see her ghost picking up stuff when I spawn it (i.e. waiting until midnight next to the body). I can't loot the body myself, no hand-icon (although the ghost seems to be able to). Anyway, she ends up with a Knife (unless I pick it up first), 2 Healing Powder (can be seen via barter and one may be from the body unless she starts with two) and a Rock (can only be seen when stealing from her). So it seems her ghost loots the body possibly, but definitely picks up the knife when spawned in. Perhaps it's best if the ghost has no items (to cancel stealing), disable loot bodies script, and allow the player-dude to loot the body (or remove the items from the body otherwise, i.e. if I can't loot the body it doesn't need to have any items on it).

2. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    The ghost has no inventory on her. The rock and the two healing powders were from the dead body.
    So, I changed a few things:
    I modified the script for NPCs looting bodies to not occur on that map.
    I modified the dead critter on the ground, so she could be looted by the player character.
    I modified the ghost critter so it could not be bartered with.

Something is weird, though. The script of the ghost already has a section that is supposed to prevent stealing (i.e., pickup_p_proc). What is there should prevent the stealing window from opening up. I wonder why it isn't working? Or, have I misunderstood what this code is for or doing?

3. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    pickup_p_proc runs when the player is caught stealing from the critter (steal check failed). It does not prevent the player from using the skill.
    If you want to prevent the player from using Steal on the ghost, you can set the "no steal" critter flag for it (if the ghost uses its own unique proto) or call "script_overrides" in use_skill_on_p_proc of its script (prevent using any skill, since it's a ghost) or via USESKILL hook from sfall.

4. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks, @NovaRain . The ghost and the body use the same proto, that's why I couldn't set the "no steal" flag.

However, that was a total brain fart on my part not thinking about "use skill on" procedure. Total amateur mistake overlooking that one. Thank you for reminding me.

All fixed.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 6:02 AM
  5. Michael1990

Michael1990 First time out of the vault

Friday
    Hi everyone, first of all i would like to thank you for great work creating this mod.
    I have encountered few problems. After instaling F2 Megamod US HD [v2.47.4.2] to a fresh F2 game everytime i will attack plans, game crashes. The same situation is with for example War Party or scorpions vs plants. My main concern is i can't fight , becouse game suddenly stops.

Like : " The program encountered a problem at address 0254a70c and cannot continue"

Best Regards,
    M.

6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2017
    Hi, just a moment. Thanks to report; answer: New version of sfall-e need to disable debug mode. Open ddraw.ini - DebugMode=2, replace to 0.
    Updated!
    Add ifp 1.6.0.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 4:30 PM
  7. Michael1990

Michael1990 First time out of the vault

Friday

Thank you for fast reply !
    It's working.
    Keep up the good work