Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

I'm not sure. Everything should be easier, because you have new dialog files, scripts too. I think it is necessary to specify the correct number of the script (and in scripts.lst, some are mixed up) and the dialog.
---
Do you have a set of original mods that are integrated into the Megamode?

I think you don't fully understand what I was trying to say. The mods worked on their own just fine, except for their own bugs, of course. But, in the MM, they didn't. It's like, scripts which were numbered 1670 to 1700 didn't act properly. I can't remember the exact script numbers. That is what I thought the wall was. That's when I started merging dialog files. Then, sometime later, it's like the script numbers started working properly again. But, by that time, I'd added dozens of scripts.
There are no new dialog files. Any dialog file in the text folder that has its text in one of the combined files is merely an outdated artifact. Of course, you're welcome to renumber things internally. The script numbers and screen name file match up, mostly (thanks to @Muttie ). There are a few more I'll need to fix, I'm sure. But the script numbers themselves seem to be only relevant in determining which script is placed on the map. (And I'm aware that there are duplicates in the script list file.) Where the dialog comes from is irrelevant. But, as I said: feel free to modify as you like.

And yes, I have the original mods of everything I ever added. But... what for? Do you really want them? Is your intention to literally rebuild the MM from scratch? I've cleaned up code, removed or added code, and changed numbers for items, characters, quests... Everything. I think they would be of very little use. But, hey, if you want them I can figure out a way to pass them to you.

The only mod in the MM that has the least number of changes is TeamX's New Vision mod, as it was the first mod I added to the game. But, even that one I've made a lot of changes to.

Any dialog file in the text folder that has its text in one of the combined files is merely an outdated artifact
I'm sorry, but that's not quite true. In the current version "2.47.8" - klatrap is still specified in the scripts. This can be seen by the script number and by the dialog (I checked it by changing the replicas).

And yes, I have the original mods of everything I ever added. But... what for? Do you really want them?
Mods are needed for the collection, because now not everything can be found on the Internet. And a better understanding of the mod structure.
"Creating an analog MM from scratch" is certainly an interesting idea, but I do not set such a global goal for myself. I have no task to make an analogue or competitor for the Mega-model. It will take a lot of time, effort and knowledge, especially alone.
There is a desire to contribute to the development and improvement of your fashion, as far as possible and forces. I want to put it in order so that there are no duplicates, links to the wrong objects (let's say 5 duplicates for Clint and none are involved, and these are not his levels. Or invisible peyote, which can lead to a crash. Or a wasp instead of a girl. Or the problem with Star Wars encounter and etc), "junk" and unused maps (for example: from the Dominions mod) and so on.
The old and the new version of the EPA - I'm not quite sure here, maybe it was originally intended that way. Just like with the Monastery and the Abbey.
The only mod in the MM that has the least number of changes is TeamX's New Vision mod, as it was the first mod I added to the game. But, even that one I've made a lot of changes to.
This is understandable.

I'm sorry, but that's not quite true. In the current version "2.47.8" - klatrap is still specified in the scripts. This can be seen by the script number and by the dialog (I checked it by changing the replicas).

Yes. And I'll say it again to make sure I'm clear: If the text appears in aitem6.msg or klatrap.msg (or another combined file), then yes, each critter has its own script, but the dialog that is called still refers back to aitem6 or klatrap or some other combined .msg file. So, Dipper has a script. The dialog for that critter is in Aitem6.msg. The dipper.msg file is an old, unused, and useless artifact, left over from when I first added the mod and have just failed to delete it from the text folder.

Or, are you saying that you change the artifacts (meaning, the named message file) and not the combined message files and are seeing the changes in the game? That just seems... wrong.

Mods are needed for the collection, because now not everything can be found on the Internet. And a better understanding of the mod structure.

Well, I couldn't give you everything I have... it's something like 28 gb. But, I'll get some of the original mods already in the MM together in an archive and put them on mediafire at some point.

"Creating an analog MM from scratch" is certainly an interesting idea, but I do not set such a global goal for myself. I have no task to make an analogue or competitor for the Mega-model. It will take a lot of time, effort and knowledge, especially alone.

Not for the faint of heart! I've been at this mod off and on for over 19 years now.

There is a desire to contribute to the development and improvement of your fashion, as far as possible and forces. I want to put it in order so that there are no duplicates, links to the wrong objects (let's say 5 duplicates for Clint and none are involved, and these are not his levels. Or invisible peyote, which can lead to a crash. Or a wasp instead of a girl. Or the problem with Star Wars encounter and etc), "junk" and unused maps (for example: from the Dominions mod) and so on.The old and the new version of the EPA - I'm not quite sure here, maybe it was originally intended that way. Just like with the Monastery and the Abbey.

There is still a lot for me to add and fix. There was no real intention with the EPA maps. @Chris Parks made the original version I used. I added it. When it was updated, I added the later version. Before that happened, though, there was the Dominion mod (or maybe it was Alternative Life) which had its own version, so I added that one (and just gave it a different name in game, even if behind the scenes it was still called the EPA). That's what happened with the two monk locations. There was one version more than 20 years ago. I added that one. Then it was updated. Then it got changed. I added the changed version and kept it as the Abbey (as it exists in the RP) and moved the other one to a different location and called it something else (with the book 'A Canticle for Leibowitz in mind).

Yes. And I'll say it again to make sure I'm clear: If the text appears in aitem6.msg or klatrap.msg (or another combined file), then yes, each critter has its own script, but the dialog that is called still refers back to aitem6 or klatrap or some other combined .msg file. So, Dipper has a script. The dialog for that critter is in Aitem6.msg. The dipper.msg file is an old, unused, and useless artifact, left over from when I first added the mod and have just failed to delete it from the text folder.

Or, are you saying that you change the artifacts (meaning, the named message file) and not the combined message files and are seeing the changes in the game? That just seems... wrong.
Example 1: scripts.lst contains slvcc4.int but it doesn't exist. When entering a location, the game freezes. If slvcc4.int replace with klamtrap.int (as it was in the previous version), the hang disappears. But! The script takes us to a house with slavers.
Example 2: slvcm1.int directs to 964 (klatrap.msg), not 2218; slvco2.int - directs to 964, not 2216; V23COMP.int - also directs to 964, and not to the newer 1745, etc. All scripts whose dialogs are specified in klatrap.msg are directed specifically to it (964), and not to their own msg. Also, in msg and in scripts, the number of dialog lines often does not match.
Well, I couldn't give you everything I have... it's something like 28 gb. But, I'll get some of the original mods already in the MM together in an archive and put them on mediafire at some point.
The most famous ones, such as RP, Rpu, New Vision, Alternative Life, Global Mod, Dominions - and small mods that are available in the archive by Drobovik are not needed. Anyway, thanks.
Not for the faint of heart! I've been at this mod off and on for over 19 years now.
I know =)
There was no real intention with the EPA maps. @Chris Parks made the original version I used.
I assumed as much. However, in the previous version, the inner floors of the EPA were inaccessible - the map\game was crashing.

Example 1: scripts.lst contains slvcc4.int but it doesn't exist. When entering a location, the game freezes. If slvcc4.int replace with klamtrap.int (as it was in the previous version), the hang disappears. But! The script takes us to a house with slavers.
Example 2: slvcm1.int directs to 964 (klatrap.msg), not 2218; slvco2.int - directs to 964, not 2216; V23COMP.int - also directs to 964, and not to the newer 1745, etc. All scripts whose dialogs are specified in klatrap.msg are directed specifically to it (964), and not to their own msg. Also, in msg and in scripts, the number of dialog lines often does not match.

Ok. If you look in the scripts.lst file, you will see lines like this:
a231.int ; reserved for simplicity # local_vars=20
These are for scripts that are truly nowhere in the game. Those script lines were duplicates, possibly. Or I've just gotten rid of them. Any time I find a script that is not in the game, I rename it to something like that. I haven't gotten all of them, yet. But, that doesn't really matter. As long as I didn't attach the script number to a map anywhere, then it will not interfere with the running of the game.

So, let's take your example 1. If I've put slvcc4.int on a map, and that script accidentally gets deleted, then sure, the map will crash. I'll check out that map.

Example 2. Slvcm1.int is added to a map. On the map it is script number 2218. That is correct. And yes, it directs to the dialog in the combined file, number 964. That is also correct. If there is a Slvcm1.msg file, it is old and unused. The older files have numbers of dialog lines that won't match up to the combined files because I don't update them. There is no need to update these files which aren't used. They are just remnants which I need to delete. Again, the reason for combining the files is because I encountered a number of dialogs that stopped working. The scripts would work... but not the dialogs. So, I had the scripts point back to dialog files that I knew worked. And I don't remember exactly which blocks of script lines where that kept happening. If you decide to just change the line in the scripts.lst file to klamtrap.int because that is where the dialog file is, I'm pretty sure that you're just going to break your game.

And it may be that there was no block of broken scripts. Maybe I had kept making the same mistakes over and over at a certain point in the MM's evolution. But, this is where it is now. It may make it a little harder for people to mod. It may add a step when trying to make fixes or changes. But, this isn't broken. There is really nothing to fix.

Last edited:
If you decide to just change the line in the scripts.lst file to klamtrap.int because that is where the dialog file is, I'm pretty sure that you're just going to break your game.
There is a mismatch of lines both in individual files and in combined ones. Both files are updated.
Using the example of "Slavers camp" - has not yet been installed klatrap.int - the map was crash.
And it may be that there was no block of broken scripts. Maybe I had kept making the same mistakes over and over at a certain point in the MM's evolution. But, this is where it is now. It may make it a little harder for people to mod. It may add a step when trying to make fixes or changes. But, this isn't broken. There is really nothing to fix.
Star wars special encounter - incorrect values of the proto-files are specified.
New companions, such as Klint or Dex, are clones of Sulik and Cassidy according to their characteristics.
etc

So...when the ever relase of the update? I feel like I became a tree waiting for relase of the update that just solves the crash/locks and fixes the enclave heli quest/functionality and epa itself...

For over months I've been reading the development of this mod's thread

Star wars special encounter - incorrect values of the proto-files are specified.
New companions, such as Klint or Dex, are clones of Sulik and Cassidy according to their characteristics.
etc

I thought I added that encounter. Looks like I didn't. The text files are there. And the scenery. But I never modified the map or scripts to work in the MM. I'll put that in the next release. Can't say when that will happen since, you know, there was just a release on September 2, 2023.

Last edited:
Megamod 2.47.8 / Sfall 4.4.2
Towm: Klamath
Quest: Figure out who is rustling the brahmin
Solution: can't be found
Possible a leftover or a bug

Towm: Klamath
Quest: Figure out who is rustling the brahmin
Solution: can't be found
Possible a leftover or a bug

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that quest was removed by TeamX as part of their New Vision mod. I think they didn't want Torr to seem so stupid. But, it's also possible that I just messed something up. Either way, one of these days I will re-add it to the MM.

Towm: Slavers Camp
Problem: when forced dialog box is opened (with slavers or sulik's sister) - I can't select anwers with mouse and it looks like game menu and moving is active. Only possible to exit game to main menu and after that => to windows. If I press sulik's sister by myself - no problems.
Checked with Sfall 3.8.x supplied with Megamod and 4.4.2 - same results. Have a save file with this.

Primitive Tribe only works OK, if Sfall 3.7b is used. On 4.4.2 - death girl quest give some random errors or crashes.
Final quest for negotiation can be done endless times for 1500 points.

Vault Village is not solving, as it was in RP. Mole rat in Gecko just don't talk about it at all. Tried many times. Only able to solve by this scenario:
Take quest from Stark=>Talk to Connor=>Talk to Joe/Ian=>Talk to Harry (strange, that it in RP it's about small guns and Harry provide them, but Connor ask for Explosives in MM)=>Talk to McClure=>Talk to Connor (provide Explosives and also can talk, that VC don't touch them)=>Talk to Stark (about you are also out of this)=>quest ended.
In RP it was much more exp. points and smart more rate in Gecko was involved, but in MM it's broken somohow.

Hello again, nice to know the mod is still going. I'm in the Village next to Vault City and Gecko. The game gives me an error "The instruction at 004a2b2f referenced memory at 00000078 the memory could not be read from". It happens whenever I agree to help get the grenades and tnt, or when I actually have them in my inventory and want to finish the job. Might have something to do with the talking heads addon? I'm not sure.

Back