MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ok, when you try to download, they have 27 MB.

Do you plan of including Killap's expansion or TeamX's New year Mod?

Also, the Vault 14 and Vault 5 weren't covered in the Bible.What's the story behind these new vaults?

Can we get an estimate when the mod's coming out?

I don't mean to be a sticker but I'm really looking forward.Anyway, it must feel good to be in a postion to be able to answer these kind of questions, makes you feel...."starlicious" doesn't it?

Smoke_Jaguar said:
Do you plan of including Killap's expansion or TeamX's New year Mod?

Also, the Vault 14 and Vault 5 weren't covered in the Bible.What's the story behind these new vaults?

Can we get an estimate when the mod's coming out?

1. I do plan on adding Killap's expansion if he has no objections to it. If he does have an issue with it, then I would add it but not release it. The New Year mod was added to New Vison 1.2, which is already included.

2. Those two vaults were probably created because they aren't specifically mentioned in the Fallout Bible, giving the authors all sorts of room to create things the way they wanted. You will have to see for yourself.

3. Good thing about this is that I don't report to anyone. The mod will be out when it is ready. I have tried making estimates in the past in this thread, but that just keeps getting pushed aside because of either technical issues or, more recently, recent mod developments. Turns out I just got sidetracked again and am in a position to add another small mod, as translations should be completed sooner than we first thought. And there is no sense to releasing an update when there is going to be another one ready so soon afterwards, especially when my updates (because of the things I modify) tend to invalidate previously saved games.

Yeah man, you should apply for a job at id software.

Ok, thanks for answering and keep up the good work.Take your time, by all means, because many are waiting for this mod, and your work would be under the looking glass.
You know Fallout fans, don't you?

Damn, registered just for this question. Did everything like the readme file says, now I cant save the game. Uninstalled three times etc. so that really isn't working for me. Any advice? The message is "Unable to save"

Falzzi said:
Damn, registered just for this question. Did everything like the readme file says, now I cant save the game. Uninstalled three times etc. so that really isn't working for me. Any advice? The message is "Unable to save"

If your real question is "why does the screen appear to be all black with these ghost images on the screen wherever I move the cursor and character?" then I don't want to hear about it. Search this thread.

Edit: If that is not the problem, then I apologize for snapping, and you might want to go through the installation procedure again...definitely making sure all protos are set to read-only.

Well, no ghost images anymore and its playable. Just one problem: Saving is NOT working :? Somehow it worked when I first installed it a couple of days back, then came the ghost images -> re-install and everything works fine except for saving. I can load one old savegame thats in NCR, but it just says 'Application error pathtofallout/fallout2.exe' And its really pissing me off right now. Any help is appreciated :cry:

I have a strange bug to relate. Whether this is from the mod or not but I have never seen it before this. It was an encounter with a group of robbers and three of them were spinning in place and two were walking back and forth in a straight line. Odd to me.

Falzzi said:
Well, no ghost images anymore and its playable. Just one problem: Saving is NOT working :? Somehow it worked when I first installed it a couple of days back, then came the ghost images -> re-install and everything works fine except for saving. I can load one old savegame thats in NCR, but it just says 'Application error pathtofallout/fallout2.exe' And its really pissing me off right now. Any help is appreciated :cry:

So, you are trying to load up old games? You mean old games from previous unmodded games, previous Megamod games, or previous Megamod 2.0 games?

@I_eat_supermutants: No idea. Just a random bug. They happen. I wouldn't be concerned unless it keeps happening.

MIB88 said:
So, you are trying to load up old games? You mean old games from previous unmodded games, previous Megamod games, or previous Megamod 2.0 games?

Actually, I didn't try to load _ANYTHING_ before I noticed that saving wasn't working. And then after that I tried some of my old saves. But right now I'm playing unmodded Fo2 since its really no fun to play without saving :x

Falzzi said:
MIB88 said:

Actually, I didn't try to load _ANYTHING_ before I noticed that saving wasn't working. And then after that I tried some of my old saves. But right now I'm playing unmodded Fo2 since its really no fun to play without saving :x

Alright, any games other than Megamod 2.0 games aren't going to work...and I've already said that. Now, still not sure what is going on with you not being able to save. Problems people have had with this mod have been resolved when they used a registry cleaner to fix broken links in their computer, did a new installation of the game to a different location, and rechecked every step of their installation of the game (especially regarding the read-only files). All of these things have been mentioned in this thread or the readme. If it still doesn't work after doing these things, then I guess you just weren't meant to play this mod. Sorry.

MIB88 said:
Falzzi said:
MIB88 said:

Alright, any games other than Megamod 2.0 games aren't going to work...and I've already said that. Now, still not sure what is going on with you not being able to save. Problems people have had with this mod have been resolved when they used a registry cleaner to fix broken links in their computer, did a new installation of the game to a different location, and rechecked every step of their installation of the game (especially regarding the read-only files). All of these things have been mentioned in this thread or the readme. If it still doesn't work after doing these things, then I guess you just weren't meant to play this mod. Sorry.

Great part about me not being meant to play this mod. Got it working after using one of the old savegames and then saving the same game in every one of the savegame slots. Now it works just fine. Thanks for the help.

I_eat_supermutants said:
Gila monsters erm talk. :shock:
They tend to say things my allies would normally say.

I already know of this. For some reason they had Sulik's AI added to them when I created them instead of the correct AI.

I don't think I mentioned this in my earlier posts (they were pretty whiny anyways :lol:) this mod pack ROCKS. I've played it for countless hours now, and I even got an inspiration to play the original again. Thank you MIB88 :D

Thanks, Falzzi. But it's not done yet. Still plenty of mods and other fixes to add.

So here is a list of the things i have found so far that i thought worth mention of note. Anything that crashed the game completely i tried a couple of times.

1) Farrel. Quest to clear his garden. After accepting the quest the game fades out and does not fade back in again.

2) Toilet explosion. 3 NPC's in the party including Klint. Upon exiting the toilet Klint got hit for 28 damage. I could not remember if NPC's were meant to be able to be hit here.

3) Roses Bed and Breakfast. The doors here close automatically. I seem to recall they did this in the normal game as well. For this one i am just curious as the game reason behind it and if you would want to change them.

4) Doors in general. Doors that are on the two hidden faces of a building can sometimes be a pain in the arse to click on. It seems that some doors graphically remain in front of you when you walk behind them allowing an easy click but others do not. More on this later i will try and nail some specifics and screenshots on my next run through the game.

5) Ambushed by Kaga. Outdoorsman check gave me the option to meet him or not. I clicked yes and got the screen flicker mentioned by others in this thread and then straight back to world map.

6) Arriving at the Abbey. Leaving the worldmap and appearing on a main map of whatever i last was on with trailing cursor crash.

7) Lenny would not join despite several requests throughout different stages of the game. I plan to hassle him a lot more next run through

8) The bartender in the Mordino's Bar has no stock. I am unsure if he is meant to or not.

9) Mcgee. After giving him the money the machine is labeled as "You see slot machine. Machine bonus 0. Total penalty 125."

10) Glitch at some point around the San Francisco area. I was unable to run. Possibly connected to the taking off of the power armor and going encumbered at some point. But despite striping to nothing and having zero weight and trying to put armor back on and off again my poor little toon refused to run another inch. Weird bug that might have nothing at all to do with any mods but just thought i would mention this one.

11) EPA. NPC's walking through several sturdy locked doors.

12) EPA. Brotherhood of Steel logos on some of the doors on the surface.

13) EPA. Multiple pamphlets. With a Pamphlet in hand and some in inventory. Using the pamphlet in the inventory caused the game to bring up both the inventory screen and the dialogue screen.

Well thats all for now.

youngnutter said:
2) Toilet explosion. 3 NPC's in the party including Klint. Upon exiting the toilet Klint got hit for 28 damage. I could not remember if NPC's were meant to be able to be hit here.

IIRC, whether you and your NPCs suffer damage from the toilet blast is not only based upon where in the toilet map they stood when you exited the map, but also on where you placed the explosives. First the game puts you on the town map, then it calculates the damage you (or your NPCs) take from the explosives themselves. So if you place the explosives somewhere in a corner while down in the toilet, and none of your party is within the blast radius when you climb up the ladder, you shouldn't take any damage.

3) Roses Bed and Breakfast. The doors here close automatically. I seem to recall they did this in the normal game as well. For this one i am just curious as the game reason behind it and if you would want to change them.

Again, IIRC, all doors in Modoc close automatically. At least they do in the Bed & Breakfast map. Killap fixed this in his patch some time ago (mainly because the doors could become "dislocated") so if the Megamod has a recent enough version of killap's Final Patch, then the doors should remain as you last left them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back