MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naminator5 said:
Another glitch that also affects loading a saved game...

If you have Klint wear armor, you also can't reload your future saves (it will crash the game before it loads). This I believe only happens to him.

I had Sulik wear armor and it don't effect any of my saves.

Ok, now that is just plain wrong. I am playtesting the latest version now. Klint wears armor (and if he is in the lower-grade armors, he will level up) and the game loads just fine. However, even with the last version (2.0), there were no problems with his armor and saving games.

I have never experienced these other bugs. As for that door in the rat caves, just did that part of the game yesterday. No problems.

I suggest you go back and reinstall the game from the beginning following the installation notes and making sure you follow some of the other advice people have found when installing this. I say this because most problems people have with seemingly random crashes and not being able to save/load games is usually due to problems with .pro files.

I did follow everything correctly. Only thing I did differently is that I setted all pro files to read only before I overwrited everything my old data folder with the megamod one.

Could that be the problem?

Also, do lst files (the lone files that are with the pro files) and proto subfolders need to be set to read only?

Naminator5 said:
I did follow everything correctly. Only thing I did differently is that I setted all pro files to read only before I overwrited everything my old data folder with the megamod one.

Could that be the problem?

I don't know. I don't know what files, if any, you already had in your data folder. You shouldn't have any, because, like I say in the readme, a fresh install should be done unless you really know how to mod this game. But, all the files are supposed to be read only.
Wait a sec. Just to be clear, though: did you set your existing files in the data folder to read only, and then apply the Megamod? Or did you mean that you set the Megamod files to read only?

Naminator5 said:
Also, do lst files (the lone files that are with the pro files) and proto subfolders need to be set to read only?

Doesn't matter. The game tends to write or erase .pro files, but it never seems to mess with the .lst files.

So, again, my recommendation is to start over. Sometimes errors get in. Sometimes people do forget steps. But, it would be faster for you to do this than trying to hunt down every little place where the error might be.

I didn't set the existing pro files to read only, I just setted the Megamod files then moved them and assumed that all files were still read only.

I guess that could be the problem, oh well, I'm going to reinstall and this time follow the directions more carefully.

I just have to add that you did an amazing job with this, MIB.
I am having hours of gameplay here and well going through it again with so many combinations of characters has been a joy cause of the work you and everyone who made the mods to go into the Megamod have done.
Congrats and kudos to you.
I feel like I should be paying you hahaha.

I_eat_supermutants said:
I just have to add that you did an amazing job with this, MIB.
I am having hours of gameplay here and well going through it again with so many combinations of characters has been a joy cause of the work you and everyone who made the mods to go into the Megamod have done.
Congrats and kudos to you.
I feel like I should be paying you hahaha.

Thanks. But you will see the next update soon, and it is big: larger worldmap, Vault 14, Modoc Revisited, lots of other things. Having a weird bug at the moment, but hopefully I can get it resolved soon.

I reinstalled the game and followed the instructions careful. Tested it by doing that Klint armor thing, it reloaded without crashing, so I guess that worked...

Nology5890 said:
:shock: Bigger... W-w-worldmap?!? *falls over in shock of new areas to explore*

Yes. However, the new areas aren't ready yet. It is truly a wasteland! The larger worldmap is in anticipation of integrating...another mod.

@Naminator5: Glad it worked. This is a rather tempermental mod. Sometimes, even when installed properly there are still problems getting it to run.

Well, I can't wait to hear what that mod will be, since you're actually taking time to replace/expand the world map for it. It must be good. :twisted:

Nology5890 said:
Well, I can't wait to hear what that mod will be, since you're actually taking time to replace/expand the world map for it. It must be good. :twisted:

I have been assured that it is a good mod. However, I don't want to take any credit away from anyone else: the expanded worldmap is part of the other mod. Some others figured out how to do that. I only integrated it. I guess it's really no secret, though: one of the mods, as there are a few, that I will be integrating into the Megamod is called Dominion (formerly Fallout Forever).

Hmm, now you've answered my #1 question about modding Fallout, expanding the world map. If it works, then I'll also feel like I should be paying you for playing this mod :wink:

Falzzi said:
Hmm, now you've answered my #1 question about modding Fallout, expanding the world map. If it works, then I'll also feel like I should be paying you for playing this mod :wink:

The expanded worldmap does work. The new map is almost twice the size of the original. Like I said, you all will be seeing it soon. However, the new locations to populate those areas aren't ready yet, so it is all empty. I finally found the cause for the serious bug I was having, and have resumed playtesting.
And while a few bucks for my work of integrating all these would be cool and much appreciated, the last thing I need is for some crazy game exec suing me for making a profit on his game. :)

map error when enter temple

I just found the mod for fallout 2 after so many years. I try to install the MIB88 mega mod with a fresh install of fallout2 (original us ver), then extract the zip file to the fallout2 installation directory.

When start a new game, the temple map is all black with my char standing around, he can move, but can see anything. I try the original game, the temple map is working ok.

I try to found the answer in the forum search, but no result. so I post this to see if anyone can help me.

just an update, I try the killapp patch, the temple map has no problem, I notice when start with MIB88 mega mod, it display teamx logo, is NV causing the problem here?

I just made the mod working (took me 1 hour to figure).

Great job!

As for the temple bug, I don't think that just following what is said is sufficient enough. You have to install it in Large Installation (without Master.dat, the 200 mb+ one not the 600+), not to patch it and that was enough to make it work for me.

Yvain said:
As for the temple bug, I don't think that just following what is said is sufficient enough. You have to install it in Large Installation (without Master.dat, the 200 mb+ one not the 600+), not to patch it and that was enough to make it work for me.

I always make the largest installation, perhaps why I never have experienced this bug myself and never really considered it as a possible reason. I will be sure to add this to the list of installation notes in my readme file. Thanks for pointing this out.

Edit: What I meant to say was that I would put it in the installation notes as a possible way to resolve the problem if you are having difficulty getting it to work.

I actually use the max install (600+M), and having this problem, I try the large install(200+M) also, same problem.

it is important to uninstall it completely (and delete every fallout entries in the reg) and reboot before reinstalling it as well. these are lots of factors and missing one of them can make ARtemple buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back