MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unkillable Cat said:
...a mailman in a special encounter. Why do I mention this?

Firstly, he seems to sing REALLY FAST. His floating text seems to be cruising at a good 300mph.

Second, the quest he gives me, while logged in the Pipboy (under "Random Encounter"), simply says "Error" in the quest description.

I've also found spelling errors in the dialogues...

Finally, in Klamath, by the exit to the crashed Vertibird, there is a corner of a building.

Thanks for the report. Now:

I will change the dialog speed for the postman. I saw that and forgot about correcting it.

I see that I included an old version of the quests.msg file. The one I sent out was from February 2, but I modified it again on February 5. That is the cause for the error. This may also cause you to get errors in your Pipboy if you attempt quests for the Cold Hearts (if they show up at all). The next release will contain the latest version.

I know there are spelling and dialog errors throughout the mod. I get to them as I can.

Okay, can someone please help me.

I didn't know all the answers to the trial questions, and now everyone thinks I cheated (which I guess I did). Now the elder wants me to find the person and clear my name. What do I do. I have talked with every person in Arroyo at least twice, gone through every conversation, and even went back through the temple twice.

Can someone please tell me what to do, or at least point me in the right direction if I am way off the mark?

When I first downloaded the megamod a few weeks ago I was having troubles saving - namely, I couldn't. Each time it would say "error saving game". Installing in a completely different spot made the problem go away and I could play it without issue. Now that I've downloaded the new update, the same problem occurs. I can't save a new game or load any of my old slots. Is there some glaring detail I missed? All I did was extract the files into my data folder, is there anything I need to delete, make read-only, etc?

lmao said:
When I first downloaded the megamod a few weeks ago I was having troubles saving - namely, I couldn't. Each time it would say "error saving game". Installing in a completely different spot made the problem go away and I could play it without issue. Now that I've downloaded the new update, the same problem occurs. I can't save a new game or load any of my old slots. Is there some glaring detail I missed? All I did was extract the files into my data folder, is there anything I need to delete, make read-only, etc?

I had this problem. Do a full install to a new folder and do the mod there. Worked for me.

@lmao: This mod update will not allow you to run games from version 2.0. There are too many changes.

@lonestar: The village thinking that you cheated is scripted to happen, whether you get all the answers right or not. And you didn't talk to everyone at least twice, or you wouldn't be having a problem. The answer would show itself. If you really want to be told the answer, though, you can go over to the TeamX forums and read about the New Vision mod. I am sure the answer is posted in there somewhere.

MIB88 said:
@lmao: This mod update will not allow you to run games from version 2.0. There are too many changes.

@lonestar: The village thinking that you cheated is scripted to happen, whether you get all the answers right or not. And you didn't talk to everyone at least twice, or you wouldn't be having a problem. The answer would show itself. If you really want to be told the answer, though, you can go over to the TeamX forums and read about the New Vision mod. I am sure the answer is posted in there somewhere.

Thanks for the help. Went over there and found the answer. Somehow was a bug in my game and I could not get the proper conversation to come up. Just walked over and took care of the problem though, no one seemed to mind, problem solved.

lonestar190 said:
Somehow was a bug in my game and I could not get the proper conversation to come up. Just walked over and took care of the problem though, no one seemed to mind, problem solved.

That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. Funny how you alone have this bug, but nobody else does. Just call it what it is: you had trouble figuring it out. That is fine. It's meant to challenge you a little bit. But please, no crazy excuses.

Unlucky Cockroach

The mod is playing fine. But I just encountered the unluckiest cockroach on the planet, and I just had to tell you guys about it.

Random desert encounter: some ants and some cockroaches. I decide to fight all the ants first if I can. A couple times, though, when combat ends after killing an ant, combat would be triggered by a cockroach. I'm thinking "darn, now I'll be fighting them both at the same time." (I'm pretty low level right now, on my way to the shack.) But, each time, the cockroach just runs away far enough so that I can exit combat and go back to the ants. Strange. But great for me. So I finish off the ants and then go back to the cockroach.

During my short battle with this critter, it had four critical misses: 1 missed turn, 1 kncked itself down, and 2 crippled limbs. It only landed one blow against me for minimal damage. I pummeled this hapless creature to death 1 and 2 hit points at a time with my fist!

:lol:

Unknown problem with Vault 13 Computer Scripts.

I have made it to vault 13, done the computer fix quest up to the point of trying to install the voice module. However for some reason the computer as well as dialogs for Gruther, the computer, and the computer tech all seem to be reseting when I try to install the module. Anyone else have this problem?

I found a minor error (or at least I think its minor) in 2.1

When you enter Modoc for the first time, if you travel west you come to a run-down house with a little garden (with a spore plant) and a little boy standing in front of the house with his dog. Inside this house (you can lockpick he door) there is a trapdoor, and if you try to open it/use the door, it just says "ERROR" and nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen?

Bisonman80 said:
I found a minor error (or at least I think its minor) in 2.1

When you enter Modoc for the first time, if you travel west you come to a run-down house with a little garden (with a spore plant) and a little boy standing in front of the house with his dog. Inside this house (you can lockpick he door) there is a trapdoor, and if you try to open it/use the door, it just says "ERROR" and nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen?

Did you try repairing the door?

More bugs:

# Kaga keeps ambushing me, over and over again, to the point that it's getting annoying. Can't he be scripted so that he only ambushes you once, for each of his strength levels?

# The "Lootable Armours" mod doesn't apply to Metzger's goons who visit the farm outside of the Den.

# In the Den, I asked Becky why her whiskey was so cheap, and bought a whiskey off her. After conversation had ended, she started walking straight towards the house Lara and her gang are in, ignoring chairs, tables and even her own bar table! When she reached the wall she immediately teleported back to her normal position behind the bar.

Unkillable Cat said:
More bugs:

# Kaga keeps ambushing me, over and over again, to the point that it's getting annoying. Can't he be scripted so that he only ambushes you once, for each of his strength levels?

I thaught cats where suposed to catch birds instead of bugs :P
anyways I think how you put it, is correct and it supossed to be workin like that. I never even met Kage but I think in the last encounter you should be able to get some option by getting rid of him for good. Like killing him or somehow criple him so he won't be able to ambush you once more :twisted: ofcourse there should be a "nice" option like confincing him you're truely the chosen one by dialog.

I guess I will have to decide whether to start over or just keep playing the old one, then, however...I still can't save my slot on a new game playing the update. It always says Error Saving Game.

Hey, i've got trouble recruiting Miria... When i try that, the screen is black, and i can only see the red lights of the new church that replaced the old one and waiting won't end this - the weeding ceremony won't stop... Can this be solved?

Oracle said:
I thaught cats where suposed to catch birds instead of bugs :P

I also catch spelling errors. :wink:

Speaking of catchable things that have wings...cockroaches.

When I kill them, the kills are tallied as if they're Mantis. Why is this?

Also, the animations for the cockroaches are...too slow. It takes a roach far too long to react to anything that is done to it, and when it finally dies, it does so without a drop of blood to tell you that it kicked the bucket.

Unkillable Cat said:
Also, the animations for the cockroaches are...too slow. It takes a roach far too long to react to anything that is done to it, and when it finally dies, it does so without a drop of blood to tell you that it kicked the bucket.

Cat, I have not experienced any slowness with the cockroaches. It's true they don't bleed. They do collapse and flatten when they die. And, if you kill 'em hard enough, they explode and icky bug innards make a big mess.

Unkillable Cat said:
...When I kill them, the kills are tallied as if they're Mantis. Why is this?

I think it was mentioned before in a previous post

because of the limits of scripting/coding...

...I think the cockroaches use the same critter thing as mantis

I dont think this effects anything but the kill count...

but I could be wrong... :?

You mean killing roaches doesn't show up under the roach kills category?! What could be happening there? Ah, yes, I remember: there is no roach kills category.
Yes, Pogue4, you are correct on both counts: I mentioned this before and it is because of the limits on the number of kill classes.

@crusader_bin: read page 50.

@lmao: Then I don't understand what the problem could be. That error is usually associated with Scraptown (which has been hidden in this release) or some other error during installation.

@unkillable cat, regarding lootable armor: I put that lootable armor code in a few individuals' scripts and most groups of critters. If you think I was going to go through every single script and add that code in, then you must have bumped your head. As it stands, I think it was added to almost 100 scripts. You will see plenty of others in the game that don't give armor when they are killed.

Regarding Kaga: if you are tired of getting ambushed by your rival, then increase your outdoorsman skill. That's what it's there for.

@running doe: just tried that situation with the voice module. No errors on my side. Are you able to repeat it?

@Bisonman: When you use it, it should give you a message saying the door is stuck... I'll look into this one.

Edit: Found it. There is another error here. Easy fixes. Find and change the names of these two files in your data/text/dialog folder:

modoct9.msg to chtrpdr.msg
modoct10.msg to chladr1.msg

And I'll have them fixed in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back