MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyonatan said:
I have a little problem,I hope someone can help me.Guyver8 wrote down at the 3rd page how to install the megamod and his explanation says that we have to move the fallout.exe from the update folder to the megamod folder.My problem is that there isn't a fallout2.exe in the mib_88_megamod_update_2.1.zip.I've downloaded the update two times from the NMA but none of them have any fallout.exe included.What should I do?

fallout2.exe is included in 2.0

Cold Heart Quests on pipboy

Cold heart quests on pip boy all show as error making it difficult to remember where and what You are supposed to find. Please advice

Re: Cold Heart Quests on pipboy

Running Doe said:
Cold heart quests on pip boy all show as error making it difficult to remember where and what You are supposed to find. Please advice

Before the days of fancy computers, we had stuff called pencils and paper...

The only other advice I have is to please use the search feature before posting things I have already addressed.

I apologize if this has come up before, but I flipped back through the last couple pages of the thread, and did a search, but could not find anything on it.

In Modoc, I was exploring, I entered the mine to the north and went until I got to the tunnels that were full of methane gas. I killed the molerat and took the pocket watch, but when I go to leave the way I came in, it reloads the same map. If I try to leave that map, the game goes black screen on me, and I have to reset. I have a save inside the tunnels, if it will help any.

Edit: the map is Called MODSHIT

Tempest Stormwind said:
I apologize if this has come up before, but I flipped back through the last couple pages of the thread, and did a search, but could not find anything on it.

In Modoc, I was exploring, I entered the mine to the north and went until I got to the tunnels that were full of methane gas. I killed the molerat and took the pocket watch, but when I go to leave the way I came in, it reloads the same map. If I try to leave that map, the game goes black screen on me, and I have to reset. I have a save inside the tunnels, if it will help any.

Edit: the map is Called MODSHIT

Poli mentioned this three pages back (interestingly, only one of now 13 posts in the modding forum to contain the word molerat). Incorrect map set for exit grid. Fixed for next release.

You have to get the vrs 2 of this megamod before getting 2.1

The exe file is in the 2.0

Also, anyone do the quest with the farmer outside the den with the slavers? I went there, saved, talked to everyone, got into combat, and saw the slavers were to much for me.Then I reloaded and played like normal, but when I came back, it said I missed something important and the farm was empty. Was this quest leading somewhere important?

For MIB: great job on helping and hearing us out. As for the mod, I would like to say kaga attacked me a hundred times, and I killed the bastard twice, now it's just annoying.This is not a bug, how?

And as a quick not on the new mods out there, you guys should remember to put a " . " after each message.It's such a small thing but it ruins the immersion sometimes.

You see a tribal.

This is what I'm saying.In the mod it just says

You see tribal

Smoke_Jaguar said:
As for the mod, I would like to say kaga attacked me a hundred times, and I killed the bastard twice, now it's just annoying.This is not a bug, how?

It is not a bug that you keep running into him. It is a bug that you keep encountering him after you killed him. You could have said that first. I checked a few of his scripts, and there is nothing there that tells the game to behave differently if you kill him. I'll add a new variable to the game to account for whether or not you kill him. If you do, you won't meet him. If not, he will still be chasing after the player.

Another issue

Due to some of my issues apparently being my fault, I am apprehensive to post again, however, because of my interest in playing this mod, I was hoping I could get some feedback from anyone, regarding my most pressing issue.

After communicating with Myron, and kicking him from my team, he simply mentions the existence of a specific gravesite at Golgotha, which of course no longer exists due to the changes made to the graves by various mods. No mention of EPA ever takes place. If no one else is having this problem, I assume it is because I messed up in transferring a script or something. However, after fiddling around for a bit, this also solves nothing. Not suggessting that this is a *bug* or an oversight by the creators, my particular game does not appear to work properly.

Re: Another issue

girlsfinalfantasy said:
After communicating with Myron, and kicking him from my team, he simply mentions the existence of a specific gravesite at Golgotha, which of course no longer exists due to the changes made to the graves by various mods. No mention of EPA ever takes place. If no one else is having this problem, I assume it is because I messed up in transferring a script or something. However, after fiddling around for a bit, this also solves nothing. Not suggessting that this is a *bug* or an oversight by the creators, my particular game does not appear to work properly.

The script works fine. And you didn't mess anything up. You are almost there...

Edit: D'oh. You got here first, so I will modify this post for something less mentioned.

Hey, fantasy, the whole 'the mod being broken is your fault!' thing is just the attitude of some people here. You may want a look at the 'Glittering Gems of Hatred' article if you haven't already, it explains it all... :wink:

Got it!

Awesome! I got it. Sorry I had to be hand-held to it....you play the same game so many times and any deviation from it seems impossible to conceive of.

Re: Got it!

girlsfinalfantasy said:
Awesome! I got it. Sorry I had to be hand-held to it....you play the same game so many times and any deviation from it seems impossible to conceive of.

I hate telling people how to play the game and about all the new stuff. Now see? Isn't that better than being told EXACTLY what to do? :)

For all: Also, corrected a couple of things and finally got another feature to work right. Slaves in random encounters have been modified. I'll upload the 2.1.1 update tomorrow sometime.

what should be the correct ammo for ak-198? I remember in v2.0, it use 5mm. Now in 2.1, the first one I buy is loaded with 7.62, when reload, it use 5mm again.

From one of the previous post, you mention it use correct ammo after upgrade, so which is the correct ammo?

irheat123 said:
what should be the correct ammo for ak-198? I remember in v2.0, it use 5mm. Now in 2.1, the first one I buy is loaded with 7.62, when reload, it use 5mm again.

From one of the previous post, you mention it use correct ammo after upgrade, so which is the correct ammo?

Here is the deal: A weapon will use whatever ammo it is supposed to according to its proto file. This has been changed with some weapons. If a weapon is on a map and then the proto information is changed, it will have the old ammo until it is used up. Then you can reload it with the new ammo. I have gone through many maps and replaced the weapons that I knew were there that had changes to ammo (like in the Toxic Caves, Buster's guards, etc.). Obviously I have forgotten some.
So, it would help if you would tell me which weapons you come across that are using the wrong ammo at the start. That way I can go into the critter's inventory (or inventory box) and place the new weapon with the correct ammo.

@lmao: Then I don't understand what the problem could be. That error is usually associated with Scraptown (which has been hidden in this release) or some other error during installation.

I fixed it (not like you were breathless with worry or anything), a fresh install in a new spot didn't work, but unclicking/reclicking "read only" on savegame and proto folders just like for the first version of megamod made it work.

lmao said:
@lmao: Then I don't understand what the problem could be. That error is usually associated with Scraptown (which has been hidden in this release) or some other error during installation.

I fixed it (not like you were breathless with worry or anything), a fresh install in a new spot didn't work, but unclicking/reclicking "read only" on savegame and proto folders just like for the first version of megamod made it work.

I'll make sure to include this in the installation notes/tips for the next release as something to check if the game still is not working for people.

Edit: Make sure to keep an eye on the downloads section. I just sent Silencer a patch/update (2.1.1). It contains a few tweaks I had been working on and fixes to the crashes related to dialogs and maps.

One more weapon with wrong ammo, the guard outside the NCR shop with Bozar, 3 of them have the correct ammo and with the weapon equipped (can not steal), 1 of them is still have the weapon in the inventory and with the wrong ammo.

This guard is the one stand next to the shelf out side.

great so far. wondering if its possible to make empty bottles in the inventory after drinking a beverege,

i'd like to add a random quote to the trappers in klamath mocking you with "You don't know how to skin a cat" since I forgot you need that skill before going in killing geckos (hopefully they'll still be there when im back hehe).

also wondering if your team can use the drugs during combat.

(so good to be back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back