MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhm...is it possible to change the kill counter for Mantis to say "Insects" instead?

What I am referring to with the roach animation, is that it seems to have too many frames for every animation.

Also, every roach I've encountered so far has been tagging along with radscorpions, but they seem to be uninterested in your or your party. Only by attacking a roach does it seem to want to fight back. Missing or bugged script, perhaps?

On that note, the silver gecko in the first map of the Primitive Tribe map behaved the same way.

Unkillable Cat said:
Also, every roach I've encountered so far has been tagging along with radscorpions, but they seem to be uninterested in your or your party. Only by attacking a roach does it seem to want to fight back. Missing or bugged script, perhaps?

:roll:
Once again: Addressed. Not a bug.

Continuation of inability to install Voice Module.

I have started a new char, set perkskills to Small guns, Science, and repair. After brazenly whipping through to get back to VAult 13 and getting module I find that this problem appears to be dialogue looping. As to what is causing this looping is beyond me as I have installed the mod correctly upon my system with a fresh install of Fallout 2 on D drive. Starting new character and rushing= not good. Lost Vic, Sulik, Cassidy, Myron, AND Marcus getting there but I made it to vault 13. Yet again same dialogue loop. Both with the terminal, the tech, and gruther.

Re: Continuation of inability to install Voice Module.

@running doe: the only file that I changed regarding Vault 13 is oscomptr.int: the computer that you put the module in. I checked it, and the one included in the download is the correct version. Find that file in the Megamod and recopy that file to your game folder. I have a feeling you didn't copy that file. No need to restart a game. If the game still doesn't work, then I really don't know what else to tell you.

@irheat123: I replaced the two ants at the temple entrance, and the game no longer crashes when using the binoculars on them.

irheat123 said:
Will your change affect other ant in the temple also? I think other ants in the temple have this problem also.

I tested it. Weird thing is, just by replacing those two, none of the others caused a crash.

Voice module proplem.

Okay according to my files the oscomptr.int is the one from the Megamod 2.1 at around 20.1 kb. However I am still having problem with looping dialogue. The computer does not seem to recognize that I have the voice module and restarts it's dialogue as well as triggering a loop in the tech and gruther both. I am playing a female character and thought that too may have been the problem but it does not appear to be the case. Am attempting to replace the file from the megamod 2.1 with the one from megamod 2 to see if it fixes the problem

Megamod Problems

This is also in another thread, but thought I would post it here as well

Hello all! First time poster here. First, I would like to thank all involved in making all of these amazing mods! I havent the first clue how all of this works, although I tinkered around and made a pretty cool npc....game needs more female party members .

With that said, I wanted to bring up a few issues I encountered while playing. Most of them have to do with encountering some of the newly-added zones of the game. Keep in mind these issues are occurring AFTER patching the game to megamod 2.1, the March release.

I suppose of few of these issues could be considered spoilers, so don't read on if you havent made considerable progress in the mod.

1) After recruiting Myron, and going through all available dialogue options, I did not learn of the location of the EPA, perhaps theres a missing script?

2) The abbey also does not appear to be available, I think another new location failed to appear, although that may be my fault in not being sharp enough to find the right npc.

3) After equipping Marcus with the new armor, I noticed no change to his damage reduction.

4) In vault 13, as others have mentioned, the voice module does not reactivate the vault computer.

5) After recruiting the alien in Vault 14, the game becomes highly volatile and crashes frequently, often corrupting the save file.

6) The game crashes when sleeping with either Davin or Miria

7) NPC's have slightly erratic behaviour (Doesn't really effect things, just thought I would mention it)

The following are either broken, or more likely, things I could not figure out

1) Could not open the locked iron door in klamath, tried all sorts of things with Mr. Fixit. Also could not locate anyone to train me in ways of new skills, i.e. technical manuals, etc.

2) Could not find the candy to seduce Emily in Klamath, or to convince her to work for Big Nose Sally.

3) The letter to Tandi found in the new encounter can not be delivered. This may or may not be accurate, I found the letter after completing the Vault 15 series, where after tandi refuses to speak wth you.

4) Could find no means to obtain a diplomatic escape in the Vertibird, or a location to refuel. Did find the NPC to learn how to fly, however.

These are just some bugs I can think of on-the-fly. If there is anything I can do to help work them out, or anything, feel free to let me know.

Once again, thank you so much for your tireless efforts on the greatest PC game ever made!

Re: Megamod Problems

girlsfinalfantasy said:
1)Myron...location of the EPA...perhaps theres a missing script?

2) The abbey also does not appear to be available...

3) After equipping Marcus with the new armor, I noticed no change to his damage reduction.

4) In vault 13, as others have mentioned, the voice module does not reactivate the vault computer.

5) After recruiting the alien in Vault 14, the game becomes highly volatile and crashes frequently, often corrupting the save file.

6) The game crashes when sleeping with either Davin or Miria

7) NPC's have slightly erratic behaviour (Doesn't really effect things, just thought I would mention it)

The following are either broken, or more likely, things I could not figure out

1) Could not open the locked iron door in klamath... Also could not locate anyone to train me in ways of new skills, i.e. technical manuals, etc.

2) Could not find the candy to seduce Emily in Klamath, or to convince her to work for Big Nose Sally.

3) The letter to Tandi... I found the letter after completing the Vault 15 series, where after tandi refuses to speak wth you.

4) Could find no means to obtain a diplomatic escape in the Vertibird, or a location to refuel.

The bugs you reported:

1. :roll: No. Myron works fine. Read this thread. I will not address this again.

2. Read the readme file. I said certain places were now hidden.

3. There is no change to that...only his appearance.

4. Still don't get this, as my game is not doing this loop. I'll continue to investigate.

5. Don't know what to say to that one. You say games crash frequently. I notice this happens when the bad protos are created in the proto/critter folder. This also corrupts saved games. Go through that folder, deleting all the files that were not included in the Megamod. Then come back and let me know if this is still happening.

6. :roll: Addressed... by me first before I even released this.

7. This does not help.

The things you couldn't figure out:
1. What iron door are you talking about? As for new skills, they are quest related, depend on your skills, depend on objects carried, etc. Obviously you have not explored all dialog options with your party members, though...again.

2. Wrong. The dialog does not say you should bring her candy. It says something sweet.

3. You are right about the letter. I found this just a few days ago, and have made it so that you can go back and talk to her, only about this, if you find the letter later.

4. You are on your own here. Know that there is a diplomatic/sneak approach.

Hey people.

MIB I seem to be having a problem.
I think I stumbled on the thieves` guild in Modoc, in the basement of that house in the western part of town.

However, after I move the rock with the crowbar and get down to the last level, as soon as I open the door to their hideout, I automatically get initiated into dialog, and a message apears in windows style on the middle of the screen saying

GDialog::Error Grabbing Message

After you press ok, the game crashes.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
...I open the door to their hideout, I automatically get initiated into dialog, and a message apears in windows style on the middle of the screen saying

GDialog::Error Grabbing Message

After you press ok, the game crashes.

Dammit. Another one. Change modoct11.msg to chfence.msg.

Re: Megamod Problems

girlsfinalfantasy said:
1) Could not open the locked iron door in klamath.

If you mean the one in that hut, it's blocked from the inside, you'll have to find another way to open it.

If you mean the one that's blocking the entrance to the rats, you'll have to do a quest for that or have great lockpicking skills.

If you mean the one that's in the sewers, didn't you try using certain skills on it first?

Cold Hearts Quest-Redding-Gun runner ex-deputy

Error in dialogue. Unable to grab message text. What do I need to change to what to get it to read the msg file correctly without crashing. I did notice a fair amount of Modoct.msg files that were only numbered. Could You please provide a list as to which ones should be labeled what? It would be greatly appreciated.

ColdHearts Quest. Gun runner/ex deputy

Wrong one jaguar this is a quest given after the quest with the laughing gas given by the cold hearts

Re: ColdHearts Quest. Gun runner/ex deputy

text file change to
modoct9.msg - chtrpdr.msg
modoct10.msg - chladr.msg
modoct11.msg - chfence.msg.
modoct14.msg - mcjimmy.msg
modoct27.msg - mcjunkie.ssl
modoct28.msg - dcorphn2.msg
modoct29.msg - mctarwin.msg
modoct35.msg - mcbob2.msg
modoct40.msg - mcbob3.msg
modoct44.msg - mcmegrew.msg

Alright. This is all of them.

Edit: Forgot a keyword list for people who actually do searches, because I don't plan on going over this a hundred times:

GDialog:: Error Grabbing Message
Fence
Bob
Megrew
dialog
crash
Megamod 2.1
junkie
ladder
trap door, trapdoor
Jimmy Jimi
the screw
Redding
Tarwin
Metzger's mom mother

Also, I am going to collect some things from the last few days and sumbit a mini patch in the next couple of days. These will be small fixes, and won't require starting over.

Msg files...

Thank You for posting those for us MIB88. Hopefully once I get them renamed properly things will work better. Still having same problem with Vault 13 computer reguardless of which file I use whether from Megamod 2 or 2.1 though gave up to further play through mod to find bugs and possible scripting errors.

I have a little problem,I hope someone can help me.Guyver8 wrote down at the 3rd page how to install the megamod and his explanation says that we have to move the fallout.exe from the update folder to the megamod folder.My problem is that there isn't a fallout2.exe in the mib_88_megamod_update_2.1.zip.I've downloaded the update two times from the NMA but none of them have any fallout.exe included.What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back