MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I must be the 'human crash magnet' or something, because after I made sure to wipe all my progress from 2.0 (I felt finding that bug was going nowhere, and was already talked about. Something about 'not being able to get healed when Klint has armor on'. Sorry, MIB), and for extra precaution, I uninstalled and reinstalled F2, when I try to start a new game, it blackouts when I go into the temple... :cry: Either I'm going to keep trying to find the problem, or I'll learn to use the editors and make the game skip over that. Any words of wisdom before I try anything?

Nology5890 said:
Hmmm. I must be the 'human crash magnet' or something, because after I made sure to wipe all my progress from 2.0 (I felt finding that bug was going nowhere, and was already talked about. Something about 'not being able to get healed when Klint has armor on'. Sorry, MIB), and for extra precaution, I uninstalled and reinstalled F2, when I try to start a new game, it blackouts when I go into the temple... :cry: Either I'm going to keep trying to find the problem, or I'll learn to use the editors and make the game skip over that. Any words of wisdom before I try anything?

unmark and remark the proto folder and all of its contents as read only. This is the only thing nearly eveyone is doing wrong. For some reason it says it is RO when it isnt after extrating the files. I think this is a winrar problem. If it makes you feel any better I had problems working out mods for ages.

Dude101 said:
Nology5890 said:

unmark and remark the proto folder and all of its contents as read only. This is the only thing nearly eveyone is doing wrong. For some reason it says it is RO when it isnt after extrating the files. I think this is a winrar problem. If it makes you feel any better I had problems working out mods for ages.

I have to agree with Dude101 on this one. Make sure to reinstall 2.0 and 2.1 and then set everything to read only again before you open the game. If you don't, some files will get deleted. And if Dude101 can figure this stuff out, so can you! :lol: :wink:

@ratsnack: Yes, I am fairly certain that drugs can be used on party members during combat. As for using booze and beer and leving you with empty bottles, while it makes sense, might be a pain to implement.
Also, where about in S. Korea are you?

Well, I may have to go through uninstalling, reinstalling, and remodding, but I'll be damned if I don't do it right this time. Thanks, MIB and Dude. :) Btw, is there any registry cleaner programs you can recommend? I'm not too sure on where to look for them, and I don't want to hit a spyware-infested crapfest.

Re: Continuation of inability to install Voice Module.

MIB88 said:
@irheat123: I replaced the two ants at the temple entrance, and the game no longer crashes when using the binoculars on them.

I know that fixes the other ants in the temple, but does in fix the ants in the EPA air ducts?

I just got there, and looking at the ants crashes the game the same way that the ones in the temple do.

Tempest Stormwind said:
MIB88 said:
@irheat123: I replaced the two ants at the temple entrance, and the game no longer crashes when using the binoculars on them.

I know that fixes the other ants in the temple, but does in fix the ants in the EPA air ducts?

I just got there, and looking at the ants crashes the game the same way that the ones in the temple do.

Ugh! You've gotta be kidding me! Alright. I'll check on this one. The fix I made wouldn't help the situation in the EPA since the error is with the map and not the script. Thanks for the report.

@Nology: I used this registry cleaner from Abexo. It seemed to work just fine.

MIB88 said:
@running doe: the only file that I changed regarding Vault 13 is oscomptr.int: the computer that you put the module in. I checked it, and the one included in the download is the correct version. Find that file in the Megamod and recopy that file to your game folder. I have a feeling you didn't copy that file. No need to restart a game. If the game still doesn't work, then I really don't know what else to tell you.

Ok, I got to the same point, had the same problem. Quit the game, redownloaded the megamod patch, put the new script in my
C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\DATA\Scripts folder, and I am still having the problem.

I just want to check that I am putting it in the right place.

Also, but completely unrelated, when I examine the gas mask that I get in the EPA, I get the crafting menu.

In another error in the EPA, If you take the elevator that is near the Area with the Hologram that speaks in Binary and the power generators up to the top level, the one you come out of the airducts into, you emerge into solid stone.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the science and repair skills don't work on anything in the EPA.

Edit: One more thing: When Klint is in advanced power armor, his name becomes Advanced Power Armor(DO_NOT_USE) during combat.

Edit: One More thing: When you recruit the miner from redding to work on the tunnel for Modoc, when you talk to him in the well you get another error message about being unable to grab dialog and then the game crashes to desktop. Yes, I already renames all the files you listed for renaming related to Modoc.

Well, since doing all the procedures involved with modding Fallout, besides actually modding it again, I've actually stumbled across something that may point to the reason for that glitch about Klint... :oops: Who modified the file after Jargo FMC? If you were the one who did, did you find out about the bug where Klint cannot heal you unless he has no armor? If so, then I think there is one set of armor that is an exception to that rule.
It seems that after Klint healed me while wearing Metal Armor, the game removed it from his armor slot (just taking a guess on names here), but left the sprite with Metal Armor there. Somehow, this caused a problem in the game, where if you tried to place the armor back on, then it would remove him from your party without informing you about it. I'm not too sure if that's exactly how it works, but it might be close.
BTW, thanks for the registry cleaner. My comp hasn't been this fast in ages!

Tempest Stormwind said:
MIB88 said:
@running doe: the only file that I changed regarding Vault 13 is oscomptr.int: the computer that you put the module in. I checked it, and the one included in the download is the correct version. Find that file in the Megamod and recopy that file to your game folder. I have a feeling you didn't copy that file. No need to restart a game. If the game still doesn't work, then I really don't know what else to tell you.

Ok, I got to the same point, had the same problem. Quit the game, redownloaded the megamod patch, put the new script in my
C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\DATA\Scripts folder, and I am still having the problem.

I just want to check that I am putting it in the right place.

Right spot. Don't know what the problem is yet. Like I said, everything is working fine on my side, and the only file that I can think that is responsible for this is the same one you already have. I'll keep looking.

Tempest Stormwind said:
Also, but completely unrelated, when I examine the gas mask that I get, I get the crafting menu.

Thanks. Obviously I left the wrong script attached to that item. I'll fix this.

Tempest Stormwind said:
In another error in the EPA, If you take the elevator from the Area with the Hologram that speaks in Binary and the power generators up to the top level, the one you come out of the airducts into, you emerge into solid stone.

Tell me though, can you tell if it is even the right map?

Tempest Stormwind said:
Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the science and repair skills don't work on anything in the EPA.

Not a bug.

Tempest Stormwind said:
Edit: One more thing: When Klint is in advanced power armor, his name becomes Advanced Power Armor(DO_NOT_USE) during combat.

Never seen this one. I don't have that description in any .msg file I use. Do you get this when passing the cursor over him? Using the binoculars? Or what?

Tempest Stormwind said:
Edit: One More thing: When you recrute the miner from redding to work on the tunnel for Modoc, when you talk to him in the well, the game crashes to desktop.

A mislabeled dialog file. You can either wait for the patch that has been sent to one of the admins, or you can just go into the dialog file and change modoct45.msg to megrew2.msg.

Nology5890 said:
...the reason for that glitch about Klint... :oops: Who modified the file after Jargo FMC? If you were the one who did, did you find out about the bug where Klint cannot heal you unless he has no armor? ...

You mentioned this before. I keep Klint in armor, and he always heals me. No exceptions. He will heal me on his own one time if my player is in the red or yellow zones for hit points. And he will heal me as much as I want up to full hit points from the dialog options. I have no idea what this error could be in your case.

Edit: Both of you, check something for me. Tell me what are the dates of the following proto/critter files:
00000115.pro
00000122.pro
00000126.pro
00000128.pro
00000130.pro
00000132.pro

I think problems each of you have are in here.

Ah, I'm guessing those are in Megamod 2.0. Checking...

These are the modify dates:
00000115.pro - September 26, '05
00000122.pro - Sept. 26, '05
00000126.pro - Sept. 26, '05
00000128.pro - " "
00000130.pro - " "
00000132.pro - " "

They definitely are old. All the other ones were messed with April last year.

MIB88 said:
Tempest Stormwind said:
In another error in the EPA, If you take the elevator from the Area with the Hologram that speaks in Binary and the power generators up to the top level, the one you come out of the airducts into, you emerge into solid stone.

Not at all. I told the elevator to take me up to the top option, and ended up in stone. At that point I just gave up on the EPA.

MIB88 said:
Tempest Stormwind said:

Not a bug.

Thanks for clarification.

MIB88 said:
Tempest Stormwind said:

Never seen this one. I don't have that description in any .msg file I use. Do you get this when passing the cursor over him? Using the binoculars? Or what?

Nope, only during combat.
e.g.
Advanced Power Armor(DO_NOT_USE) was hit for 3 points of damage.

edit: went and got a screenshot
scr00003.jpg

MIB88 said:
Tempest Stormwind said:
Edit: One More thing: When you recrute the miner from redding to work on the tunnel for Modoc, when you talk to him in the well, the game crashes to desktop.

A mislabeled dialog file. You can either wait for the patch that has been sent to one of the admins, or you can just go into the dialog file and change modoct45.msg to megrew2.msg.

Happens a lot for that town, eh?

MIB88 said:
Edit: Both of you, check something for me. Tell me what are the dates of the following proto/critter files:
00000115.pro
00000122.pro
00000126.pro
00000128.pro
00000130.pro
00000132.pro

00000115.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
00000122.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
00000126.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
00000128.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
00000130.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
00000132.pro Sept 26, 2005, 11:04 pm

I think I see a pattern.

Nevermind the armor and grammar, but my damn npc keep leveling up wrong.Instead of getting their hp raised in the second slot, they get it in the first one.

Like 143/130. This happened to all of them, sulik, vic, marcus, even cassy.I am so sorry for cassy, he still got the 80 hps. :(

Also, after you do quest 1 for the Cold Hearts, their leader, the "Fence", is under the impression that there is a town in Fallout 2 by the name of Reading. He mentions it 3 or 4 times. Stupid crooks. :oops:

Is there any way to fix the hp prob mib? I deleted the two files from the readme at startup of the mod.

Tempest Stormwind said:
MIB88 said:

Not at all. I told the elevator to take me up to the top option, and ended up in stone. At that point I just gave up on the EPA.

MIB88 said:
Tempest Stormwind said:

Nope, only during combat.
e.g.
Advanced Power Armor(DO_NOT_USE) was hit for 3 points of damage.
MIB88 said:
Edit: Both of you, check something for me. Tell me what are the dates of the following proto/critter files: ...

I think I see a pattern.[/quote]

No, no pattern there. Those .pro files are not the problem.

As for giving up on the EPA, why give me half a bug report?!

As for Klint being displayed as "Power Armor...", then this is not new. I know the file now that it takes this info from. Same happens when he isn't in power armor, where the game keeps calling him villager. I can't change that one ('villager'), but I should be able to change the power armor one without causing other problems.

Also, I have attached the right script to the gas mask, and you will no longer get the Mr. Fixit! interface when you use the binoculars on it.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
Nevermind the armor and grammar, but my damn npc keep leveling up wrong.Instead of getting their hp raised in the second slot, they get it in the first one.

Like 143/130. This happened to all of them, sulik, vic, marcus, even cassy.I am so sorry for cassy, he still got the 80 hps. :(

Check your proto\critter folder. I bet you have new files in there.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
Also, after you do quest 1 for the Cold Hearts, their leader, the "Fence", is under the impression that there is a town in Fallout 2 by the name of Reading. He mentions it 3 or 4 times. Stupid crooks. :oops:

And I thought you said you weren't concerned about grammar?

Smoke_Jaguar said:
Is there any way to fix the hp prob mib? I deleted the two files from the readme at startup of the mod.

There were actually 6 readme files included in the 2.1 update. As for deleting them, I wouldn't worry about that. That is no problem, of course, because I *know* you read them before doing so. I also *know* that you wouldn't ask me to go over anything that might be in the readme files here, since I have already given them to you in the mod. Isn't that right?

As for giving up on the EPA, why give me half a bug report?!

Goes into Airvents- game crashes on ants.

Reverts to save outside.

Goes back in, uses elevator, comes back up elevator, gets stuck in stone.

Reverts to outside save.

Thinks- Hmmm, maybe I should come back later.

No MIB, I haven't deleted two readme files, I said I deleted the two files you told us should be deleated, mentioned in the readme files.

As for deleting the files in the proto/critter, how do I know know which files should be deleted? They have mixed dates, and they all have the same creation date, 14 march, only the modified date depends: from 26 sep 2005 to 11 feb 2007.

EPA Elevator to stone bug; Well actually for me its a rendering prob, I get a black screen, however-scrolling around a bit clears the black and reveals the map for me.. otherwise no"spawning in stone" so far.

Klint armour bug-been mentioned..:)

Elridges in New reno:
When handing over a gauss weapon , the scripts have been mixed, ie the rifle is the pistol and vice versa.

Kaga encounters: as said above, unkillable, also dialogue starts as normal, but then falls intoa 'eroor" error" conversation, not to mention Kagas gang spawning miles from Kaga, ensuring his death time and time again...

Abbey: Been there and back to the "person who told me', but cant seem to find any quests for it, i got high speech and such..bug?

B21-
disappearing car bug, and I cant initiate dialogue with anyone except the gaurd standing outside smoking.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
No MIB, I haven't deleted two readme files, I said I deleted the two files you told us should be deleated, mentioned in the readme files.

As for deleting the files in the proto/critter, how do I know know which files should be deleted? They have mixed dates, and they all have the same creation date, 14 march, only the modified date depends: from 26 sep 2005 to 11 feb 2007.

Ah. Then I'm sorry. I misunderstood you.

As for knowing which files to delete, delete anything with dates different from the Megamod. But, hell, you say that you don't have anything modified after February 11, so that is not the problem. The only time I was getting problems with level-ups is when I had the wrong protos being created in the folder (that is, modified by the game istelf after anything I added). That file 0000062.pro was one of those (for Vic).

I'll keep looking into this.

Just to check something, though: do you have the following proto files in your critters folder?

00000089.pro
00000097.pro
00000161.pro

Poli said:
EPA Elevator to stone bug; Well actually for me its a rendering prob, I get a black screen, however-scrolling around a bit clears the black and reveals the map for me.. otherwise no"spawning in stone" so far.

Yeah, I knew about that issue. Have no idea why it was doing that, though.

Poli said:
Elridges in New reno:
When handing over a gauss weapon , the scripts have been mixed, ie the rifle is the pistol and vice versa.

Easy fix. Thanks.

Poli said:
Kaga encounters: as said above, unkillable, also dialogue starts as normal, but then falls intoa 'eroor" error" conversation, not to mention Kagas gang spawning miles from Kaga, ensuring his death time and time again...

Yeah, I just found this about a week ago. That is for the last Kaga encounter...the final battle. He should not run away. However, being that it was the final battle, all sorts of dialog was supposed to be there, but I guess it wasn't finished since Kaga wasn't added to the final version of the game. I will see about changing the placement and writing up some dialog for that. Or I might take the easy route and remove all that stuff and make it like every other Kaga encounter. Either way, thanks for confirming this.

Poli said:
Abbey: Been there and back to the "person who told me', but cant seem to find any quests for it, i got high speech and such..bug?

While the location is hidden, it is still the Abbey from the original mod. There have been no quests added to it...yet.

Poli said:
B21-
disappearing car bug, and I cant initiate dialogue with anyone except the gaurd standing outside smoking.

Uh-oh. I included the wrong map again...the one created after all the scripts were moved on February 25th. I'll make sure I include the right one in the next update.

Just so you all know, the update/patch 2.1.1 is now available in the files section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back