most overrated movies?

Nah, Star Wars is peak overhyped schlock, it reached levels no other dumb sci fi has reached. Matrix almost managed to topple it on peak idiocy but it got too pretentious even for itself.

New Star Wars is. Old Star Wars is a masterclass in filmmaking and world building regardless of what it has now morphed into.

New Star Wars is. Old Star Wars is a masterclass in filmmaking and world building regardless of what it has now morphed into.
Eh... The three movies didn't do much to build up a universe tbh. We never know who funds the rebels or why, we never hear about territories or battles or anything of the like that would matter to a wartorn universe. All the worldbuilding was done in books and shit. And to this day I maintain the clone wars cartoon is better than the original trilogy.

Eh... The three movies didn't do much to build up a universe tbh. We never know who funds the rebels or why, we never hear about territories or battles or anything of the like that would matter to a wartorn universe. All the worldbuilding was done in books and shit. And to this day I maintain the clone wars cartoon is better than the original trilogy.

The movies built up the universe just fine. Novels and comics expanded the universe even more like no previous film had done before. The world building was often foreshadowed with throwaway lines like the Bounty Hunter on Ord Mandell.

Get Out

The whole fucking movie is essentially a body snatchers film, but done horribly and making zero sense. Add in a big dash of race baiting and your all ready to go.

But isn't much (or most?) of that non-canon now? (The comics and Clone-wars)
Clone wars is canon.
That doesn't really change it's impact on pop culture.
A much undeserved impact. Empire is only so awesome because star wars was so... Meh. Good. It was good. Enjoyable. Nothing more. Empire took it further and added proper tension and drama. Okay. Then jedi sorta rehashed star wars a bit but also has some nice father son tension. Overall the trilogy is just decent.

Clone wars is canon.

A much undeserved impact. Empire is only so awesome because star wars was so... Meh. Good. It was good. Enjoyable. Nothing more. Empire took it further and added proper tension and drama. Okay. Then jedi sorta rehashed star wars a bit but also has some nice father son tension. Overall the trilogy is just decent.

I wish I could downvote but I will just rate your post...

:???:

I wish I could downvote but I will just rate your post...

:???:
Don't get me wrong the original vhs copies I have... They're among my favorite movies. But let's be honest... That's mostly nastolgia. If someone hadn't seen star wars I don't know that I would say it's a must see outside of cultural reasons.

Don't get me wrong the original vhs copies I have... They're among my favorite movies. But let's be honest... That's mostly nastolgia. If someone hadn't seen star wars I don't know that I would say it's a must see outside of cultural reasons.

So because retarded teenagers can't see the good in movies like Godfather it is all nostalgia? Nostalgia is the go to excuse someone uses when they cannot identify with media from another era. Star Wars gets a bad rap now because of all the whoring around Lucasarts did with it's shambling corpse. The Special Edition is shit. The TV specials were shit. Most of the games were shit. Now people are fooled into thinking the first movie was just "ok" because it was following a classic formula and has dated special effects or has been aped so many times it is seen as derivative as hell.

pinnaple express, people always tell me that it's one of the funniest movies ever and I just can't see it. It's just stupid to me, maybe I just surround myself with stupid people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, it is a stupid stoner movie that stoners giggle at because it mentions stoner stuff.

Half Baked too.

So because retarded teenagers can't see the good in movies like Godfather it is all nostalgia? Nostalgia is the go to excuse someone uses when they cannot identify with media from another era. Star Wars gets a bad rap now because of all the whoring around Lucasarts did with it's shambling corpse. The Special Edition is shit. The TV specials were shit. Most of the games were shit. Now people are fooled into thinking the first movie was just "ok" because it was following a classic formula and has dated special effects or has been aped so many times it is seen as derivative as hell.
"Fooled"
No. What's great about star wars story? The first one's? Nothing. It's for great effects and some cool chase scenes. Empire is actually pretty goddamn great but c'mon... The original is eh. I love it because I grew up with it but I don't see anyone who didn't loving it like I do. Im sorry I just dont.

Get Out

The whole fucking movie is essentially a body snatchers film, but done horribly and making zero sense. Add in a big dash of race baiting and your all ready to go.

I liked it in the sense of being a shitty B-movie that's enjoyable in the same way The Evil Dead is. I confess, I'm not sure why people were so enthusiastic about it.

I liked it in the sense of being a shitty B-movie that's enjoyable in the same way The Evil Dead is. I confess, I'm not sure why people were so enthusiastic about it.
Maybe because its the first time a black guy actually made a decent movie? Idk

I liked Get out, except for a few stupid moments where they play the scare chords at finding the black maid in the kitchen preparing a cup of coffee.

Even then, I don't follow the logic of calling a small, indie movie overrated. It's not like it got 10 sequels, a theme park and gets special pass on all sequels because of it's brand. Like, I hate Edge of Tomorrow and Scott Pilgrim, but they are basically cult classics so calling them overrated would just be non sensical.

Okay, so another overrated movie: Inside Out. I thought that movie was "White kid problems! Pop Psychology the movie". It gets praised for being original but I have seen the "little people inside your head controlling your actions" thing done before a thousand times, most of the time it's not even enough to be anything other than a gag because other writers realized the very idea just results in one dimensional characters for gags and making the person being controlled look like an idiot or a crazy person. The visuals were polished but the character designs were pretty boring, Joy just looks like Marge Simpson cosplaying Tinkerbell.

The Matrix by far has to be the most overrated movie ever credit where it's do it did give a glimpse at what CGI could do but the science in that movie is all messed up.

Back