NCR Ranger Armor and Pelit scans

Game designers aren't armour manufacturers.

Just saying.

I think it's as big a difference as there is between the concept and the concrete thing.

Furthermore, personally, I never looked at any of the FO/FO2 ingame and inventory pictures as somehing more than a concept drawing: FO/FO2 tend to leave a whole lot to the imagination. Applying a ruler or another measuring device is close to absurdity.

alec said:
Furthermore, personally, I never looked at any of the FO/FO2 ingame and inventory pictures as somehing more than a concept drawing: FO/FO2 tend to leave a whole lot to the imagination. Applying a ruler or another measuring device is close to absurdity.

They're not a concept drawing. Every sprite in Fallout is based on a pre-rendered high-detail 3D model.

Tagaziel said:
How about you actually look at the pictures I've supplied, rather than rely on your rose-tinted glasses and memory? The Fo1 armour only covers the ribcage.
Here's a nice mental exercise: look at your T-shirt. Note its dimensions. Then look at Fo1 armour. See the difference?
How about YOU take a look at the pictures you supplied?

On my screen & taking slight cant of the image into account, the ribcage width is 1.5 cm, height of the armor (shoulderpads not included) is 1.3 cm. Translate that to real life, with an average chest being 40cm across. Applying simple math, this makes height about 35 cm (without shoulderpads). This means your torso is covered up (with HARD ARMOR!) til your belt line... Including your abdomen, kidneys, whatever. I does not cover your groin, but I never bloody said it did.

Sjeezes...

Tagaziel said:
Except they're not covered by Fo1 CA.
This aint Faux Networks, furby, repeating it doesn't make it true.

Seriously, this has already gone on several pages too bloody far.

SuAside said:
On my screen & taking slight cant of the image into account, the ribcage width is 1.5 cm, height of the armor (shoulderpads not included) is 1.3 cm. Translate that to real life, with an average chest being 40cm across. Applying simple math, this makes height about 35 cm (without shoulderpads). This means your torso is covered up (with HARD ARMOR!) til your belt line... Including your abdomen, kidneys, whatever. I does not cover your groin, but I never bloody said it did.

It doesn't cover your abdomen.

focomedygold.png

You've made me stare at a penis for the past 30 mins.

Also.

Combat_armor.JPG

Sure, it's GCG, but Petersen's work is spotless. If someone who draws for a living came up with this version basing on Fo source material, it's a pretty strong indication I'm right and you're not.

Even the Fallout intro says the same thing - the hard plates end ABOVE the belt line, leaving a part of the abdomen exposed.

It's certainly not better than the Ranger armour you trash.

This aint Faux Networks, furby, repeating it doesn't make it true.

Seriously, this has already gone on several pages too bloody far.

How about you actually listen to your own advice and prove your point, rather than repeating it over and over again in the vain hopes of it ever becoming true?

Tagaziel said:
It doesn't cover your abdomen.
1) Use the largest most detailed source we have: the inventory CA icon. Start from there.
2) It's totally impossible for the hard plates on abdomen to be slightly hidden by the pants, (mag) pouches and so on. Never happens irl either. You can't see the lower hard armor from the inventory picture in your picture Tagaziel, it's just a little shade in yours. Not much to go on...

Tagaziel said:
You've made me stare at a penis for the past 30 mins.
So that makes you a furfag then, rather than a furry?

Tagaziel said:
Sure, it's GCG, but Petersen's work is spotless.
Yeah, keep dragging in art that doesn't really matter (FO3 CA, artist's impression from GC,...)

Tagaziel said:
Even the Fallout intro says the same thing - the hard plates end ABOVE the belt line, leaving a part of the abdomen exposed
The intro doesn't show anything in sufficient detail at the soldier's abdomen.

Anyhow, I'll keep seeing what I wanted to see, you'll keep seeing what you wanted to see. I'm not going to reply here any more. I commend the amount of work and time you put into this discussions though, lol...

SuAside said:
1) Use the largest most detailed source we have: the inventory CA icon. Start from there.

If you haven't noticed, my diagram uses the dimensions from the actual character model, which has bigger breast plates than the inventory icon.

But here, I'll indulge you:

suasidefails.png

2) It's totally impossible for the hard plates on abdomen to be slightly hidden by the pants, (mag) pouches and so on. Never happens irl either. You can't see the lower hard armor from the inventory picture in your picture Tagaziel, it's just a little shade in yours. Not much to go on...

You can't see it because it's not there.

Now you've entered the "strawman" phase.

Yeah, keep dragging in art that doesn't really matter (FO3 CA, artist's impression from GC,...)

It proves what impression people get from the available source material, which is different from yours.

The intro doesn't show anything in sufficient detail at the soldier's abdomen.

Shapes matter. Not detail. And the shape indicates there's no abdominal protection.

Anyhow, I'll keep seeing what I wanted to see, you'll keep seeing what you wanted to see. I'm not going to reply here any more. I commend the amount of work and time you put into this discussions though, lol...

Translation: I've lost the argument, so I'll act all high and mighty to make it look like I did not.

dunno what people have to complain about. I enjoyed their discussion.

Better then any soap opera

Look i'm just going to come out and say it... Its a GAME... A very good one but a game, does it REALLY matter how long the armour is and what not?...

No... No it doesn't is the answer i'm looking for.

.Pixote. said:
The latest in Post-Apocalyptic fashion. Coming soon to a game near you. Love the glasses…keeps the sand out... Who needs armor when you look so cool with the new trendy threads of the wasteland…WTF. Buy one get one free.
55978_4_468.jpeg

http://www.apocalypticpost.com
What?! Where's the armor coverage on the sides? It would obviously be hard to sling a rifle on that shoulder, considering the slippery outfit impedes it. Very minimal frontal protection to boot.

Back