New creatures

Eternauta

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Every Fallout game after the first one has brought us new creatures to shoot (Geckos, Cockroaches, Yao Guai, Cazador).

Do you have any idea for a new creature that could show up in the wasteland?

I would like to see horses. Maybe some feral pigs/javelinas/boars that move and attack in groups.

I'm boring like that.

Just check the animal life in the location you are aiming at and see what's living there. Then mutate it a bit and you have a new more or less fitting creature.

I thought mutant ant lions would make cool creatures in a Fallout game.

Like ants having become very large and now eating humans and other creatures as well.

Well some critters don't eve nneed to be mtuants, how about a Elephant? lets suppose a zoo had elephants and during the Fallout they broke free and were abel to adapt to post fallout evirroment and then they just reproduced? (just a off the top of my head idea, it is stupid but its only an example), also I think swarms of mutated birds woudl be a cool enemy, or guabt vultures used to devour FEV infected specimens and shit. Poisonous Porcupines? thye never explained where the Nightstalker came from did they? maybe more mish mash criatures, but it would turn more into a "IMpossible Creatures" match than Fallout.

I think nighstalkers were made by throwing coyotes and rattlesnakes in a vat of FEV, or something like that.

Courier said:
I think nighstalkers were made by throwing coyotes and rattlesnakes in a vat of FEV, or something like that.

Perhaps but I rather think more extensive genetic engineering rather that combining creatures with FEV was the case in order to get the desired creature traits.

Floaters and Centaurs are the result of randomly mixing creatures in FEV.

Spiders. Big, hairy, ugly, poisonous spiders. Enough for everyone to get arachnophobia (since scorpions failed at that).

If I recall right, MCA stated in some Fallout Bible that they exist. Maybe, I'm not really sure, my memory is vague, but I don't see any reason for them not to be added into the game.

The same regarding spiders, if scorpions can become big, why not spiders?

Would be quite scary too, going into a building and finding it full of webs strong enough to trap people.

The Emerald cockroach wasp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_cockroach_wasp) would be cool too but they are not native to the US.

Of course also giant leeches and hagsnakes as proposed in Van Buren.

I think they steered away from spiders at first because they're such a default fantasy-RPG staple and the original Fallout went to great pains to distinguish itself from that herd. There's technically no reason for them not to be around, but after such a long absence from the game world, I think it'd feel kind of weird to see them now. That's just this old fan's take, though.

On that note, one "new" thing I'd like to see in the next game is molerats. Honest-to-goodness, back-to-roots molerats. The creatures now bearing the name look more like FO1&2's pig rats. A real mole rat should be a big, scary, furry mammal somewhere between the size of a mountain lion and a bear, occupying a place in the food chain about equal to that of "lone wasteland traveler."

I would like to see FOT 2 crocodiles appear in a future fallout game but more like for a DLC or something, some swampy area in US with crocs and maybe a weird mutation between a snake and some other creepy animal, a gorilla maybe, big mean and scary gorilla, but that should be in another country or it should have some quality explanation

If they do it on the East coast then mutated deer would be cool. After the bombs drop, the deer become the hunters *Cue dramatic music*.

Yamu said:
I think they steered away from spiders at first because they're such a default fantasy-RPG staple and the original Fallout went to great pains to distinguish itself from that herd. There's technically no reason for them not to be around, but after such a long absence from the game world, I think it'd feel kind of weird to see them now. That's just this old fan's take, though.

That's what I thought, too. Because of all the fantasy thing.
Though in "my" canon, they exist, somewhere.

Similar thing, like spiders, are gigantic snakes. Again, MCA talked about them (the Vipers worship them). I see no reason for mutated snakes not to exist, but again, like spiders, it would be weird for them to enter the series at this point.
Though the whole absence of snakes in all games so far (even original ones) is little stupid, if you ask me.

I can understand the fantasy viewpoint, giant spiders being rather standard enemies but I honestly would not mind having them in Fallout.

But at this point it is no that much of a problem anymore that they are somewhat a cliché, the idea of giant insects and arachnids is already accepted in Fallout, even giant crustaceans are.
It would increase the diversity of creatures.

I am not sure we should have severely mutated mammals, it doesn't seem to fit Fallout that much.
Giant rats and such are one thing but mammals going from herbivore to carnivore is quite a big leap.
Inherited malformed like the Brahmin and * sigh * Yao Guai seems more fitting.

Dirty_Harry said:
I would like to see FOT 2 crocodiles appear in a future fallout game but more like for a DLC or something, some swampy area in US with crocs and maybe a weird mutation between a snake and some other creepy animal, a gorilla maybe, big mean and scary gorilla, but that should be in another country or it should have some quality explanation

Croc2.jpg

If only they got to make FOT 2 :(

I don't like Tactics much, but some of the stuff form that game should be added into some future game.
I've always imagined how a Florida game would look like, with crocs like this coming out of the radioactive everglades.

Mutants squirrels and pigeons... they seem like they'd be terrifying.

Crocodiles don't even need to be Mutated, and speacilly not to the point fo becoming deathclaws. Crocs are already deadly animals, impervious to a lot of damage. A mutatio nthat could make mroe sense would be them having two heads, or two tails.
A mutated salamander would be very dangerous too, impervious to fire and maybe lasers? poisonous and fast.

Back