New creatures

an croc with 2 heads would be absolutely cool. Though the game should feature high grass where they try to sneak up on you from behind.

let's stay away from spiders because fuck spiders. I'd like to see some monsters that are sort of mythological creatures that aren't, but are just sort of named for their resemblance.

Wintermind said:
let's stay away from spiders because fuck spiders. I'd like to see some monsters that are sort of mythological creatures that aren't, but are just sort of named for their resemblance.

For example?

Again, nothing against spider species that have been mutated.

Someone on the FNV nexus had made a mod which brings it loads of new 'monsters' for the lack of a better word.
Most of them are rather stupid or stolen from STALKER, but I like the idea of mutant dragon flies or mosquitoes.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41361

As for the mutant alligator thing, I could imagine them to be the amphibian version of the Deathclaw bioweapons.
They survived the Great War and escaped into places like the Everglades were they formed small tribes.

There would perhaps be 'villages' of them out there but this would not be like the dropped Burrows (which was dropped for a good reason), not that the mutant alligators can talk.
But the player could earn their trust and friendship and do minimal communication and trading with them.

Ever since i first played Fallout 1 i allways i thought:
There has to be a Barrelmonster/creature!

I mean with all those radioactive barrels around.

So why not a Barrelcreature?

Maybe some mutant crustacean using a barrel as a part of its
shell, ala hermit crab. They walk around and glow, letting out
huge doses of radiation around it. Maybe spit radioactive goo.

Or something with tentacles, maybe a fallout mimic (a mimic
is a creature that haha mimics tresure chests), so there are
lootable Barrels, but some of them will attack you with
glowing tentacles.

My favourite idea would be actual large mutated crabs, scuttle scuttle snap snip and all that. Variations on crabs would be cool as well, not just normal crabs, horseshoe crabs, hermit crabs like what azathoth said but not so much in barrels, crates and stuff would be cool though.

Mutated crocs as well would be cool. Other mutated beasties that would be cool: spiders, snakes, and porcupines. By porcupines I mean normal large porcupines and then large porcupines nicknamed 'Razors' or something like that, which shoot its spines at people.

Mr Krepe said:
My favourite idea would be actual large mutated crabs, scuttle scuttle snap snip and all that. Variations on crabs would be cool as well, not just normal crabs, horseshoe crabs, hermit crabs like what azathoth said but not so much in barrels, crates and stuff would be cool though.

Mutated crocs as well would be cool. Other mutated beasties that would be cool: spiders, snakes, and porcupines. By porcupines I mean normal large porcupines and then large porcupines nicknamed 'Razors' or something like that, which shoot its spines at people.

Attack it's weak point; for massive damage.

Walpknut said:
thye never explained where the Nightstalker came from did they?
Nightstalkers and Cazadors were created by genetic engineering in Big MT, the location in Old World Blues. You can read more into it on Fallout wiki.

Ryanbeolve said:
Walpknut said:
thye never explained where the Nightstalker came from did they?
Nightstalkers and Cazadors were created by genetic engineering in Big MT, the location in Old World Blues. You can read more into it on Fallout wiki.
So you grave dig to tell me something I already know, but I asked before Old World Blues even came out? Genius.

Think anything could mutate into a Minotaur?

I'd like to see a creature that could take out a deathclaw Mano a Mano not like tunnelers who have to gang up on it. Something that we could observe an epic battle from afar.

Some kind of zombie, I know ghouls are essentially zombies but I mean like a slow shuffling zombie that isn't dangerous individually. But in numbers makes your future bleak, you gotta really think fast. Also, ya gotta hit/shoot em in the head.

Polar Yao Guai as well

CthuluIsSpy said:
Worms man. Giant, mutated worms with big teeth that can burrow underground and attack at random.

Like in tremors.

They should be like the sandworms in Dune. God, I love that film.

Realistically it'd be nice to see more bears and deer mutated. And some feline would be wicked, like a bobcat / mountain lion type (they'd be so damned fast).

But most importantly . . . tremors.

Joelzania said:
CthuluIsSpy said:
Worms man. Giant, mutated worms with big teeth that can burrow underground and attack at random.

Like in tremors.

They should be like the sandworms in Dune. God, I love that film.

Well, the graboids are aethestically smaller Shai-Hulud...

I'd like to see one in Arizona/the general southwest. With mutant javelinas, something like "razortusk pigs".

Back