New Vegas DLC soon, patch first

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
With rumors swirling about, senior producer Jason Bergman steps up to officially announce that indeed, the next DLC will be announced soon, and before its release we should have a new patch.<blockquote>Hi everyone,

On behalf of all of the hard-working teams at Bethesda and Obsidian, I’d like to give you an update what we’ve been working on these past few months.

Well, here’s what happened: our next DLC release (announcement coming very soon, we promise) has been complete while we worked on getting a patch ready for you all. We didn’t want to just release more DLC before we had a patch that would improve the overall New Vegas experience.

The good news, is that we do have such a patch and it’s been handed off to the necessary platform owners. It should be released in the next couple of weeks on 360, PS3 and PC (can’t be more specific than that, I’m afraid, although PC will almost certainly get it first).

So what’s in that patch? First and foremost, optimizations and stability improvements. While there are bug fixes, our core focus was on improving stability and performance. We worked directly with first party platform owners to identify issues, and we have fixed a great deal of the crashes and lockups that people were experiencing. In addition, we scoured the forums and this patch includes weapon balance tweaks and other requested fixes.

We know we’re not done yet. There’s still more work to do, and we’ll be monitoring the forums very carefully following the release of this patch, looking for more issues. We do have another update planned further down the line.

So I’d like to apologize for the radio silence. Hopefully you’ll be pleased with the enormous amount of work we’ve put into this update over the last few months, and will enjoy the rest of our DLC releases. We have some pretty cool stuff coming soon. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Jason Bergman
Senior Producer, FNV </blockquote>

Brother None said:
We didn’t want to just release more DLC before we had a patch that would improve the overall New Vegas experience.
Yeah, what kind of jagoff would even entertain such lunacy?
Releasing DLC prior to patching the game proper... that some bush league shit right there.

Did you even read the news or did you stopped at "patch"?

Big Danny K said:
I've read it a little, not the whole thing, now I've read it again... Yeah, no patch yet

:|

Y'know...the whole point of forums is reading and writing. Give'r a shot, cowboy.

Also: "A few weeks"?! My lord these people take their sweet time.

Optimization and stability over bugfixes. I can sort of get optimizing without fixing bugs per se, but how does the stability part work?

"Game crashing because of so-and-so isn't a bug, it's a feature. However, upon further consideration we've decided to go for a different direction and not crash/lockup the game here, so in the next patch this will be changed."

Although I'm not a programmer and I don't make games so maybe bug means something else, not "stuff that doesn't work right".

Big Danny K said:
I've read it a little, not the whole thing, now I've read it again... Yeah, no patch yet

You can't read something "again" if you haven't read it before :lol:

The question is how can he comment on it before actauly reading it whole, its not even that long. How can you play Fallout without havign enough attetion span to read a few lines of text.

Not Lost Hope said:
Optimization and stability over bugfixes. I can sort of get optimizing without fixing bugs per se, but how does the stability part work?

"Game crashing because of so-and-so isn't a bug, it's a feature. However, upon further consideration we've decided to go for a different direction and not crash/lockup the game here, so in the next patch this will be changed."

Although I'm not a programmer and I don't make games so maybe bug means something else, not "stuff that doesn't work right".

Optimization and stability refer to things like removing random, unexplained slowdown and freezing.
Bugs are program errors that occur when certain actions are perfomed and that can be reproduced (for example shooting with certain weapons in VATS make the game freeze, some weapon mods don't work as they should).

So what’s in that patch? First and foremost, optimizations and stability improvements. While there are bug fixes, our core focus was on improving stability and performance. We worked directly with first party platform owners to identify issues, and we have fixed a great deal of the crashes and lockups that people were experiencing. In addition, we scoured the forums and this patch includes weapon balance tweaks and other requested fixes.

Awesome! Hope I can play the game without having to restart my ps3 every 20 minutes!

What I wonder is, if I can reactivate hardware support for my sound system again after the patch release. Needed to deactivate it, because it made FNV crashing all the time in VATS mode and sometimes out of VATS.

It's not overpowered, it only works if you don't have companions. Playing without companions isn't always easy.

Playing without companions is how I roll, so I like it. It's nice because it's a bonus for players who don't like to play with companions.

Haven't heard about the contest, but I have a couple that sound decent:

Mirror Mail: While wearing power armor, the player has a 25% chance of deflecting shots from energy-based weapons.

Scrap Armor: You are able to repair heavy armor using ten pieces of scrap metal.

I was thinking of this one.

The Courier with no name: Requirements: Cowboy. You are 10% more accurate and faster when shooting and reloading with any revolver and lever-action rifle, and firearms attack to the torso deal 10% less damage.

Vault Boy icon: the man with no name from A Fistful of Dollars with the steel plate on his chest.

Courier said:
It's not overpowered, it only works if you don't have companions. Playing without companions isn't always easy.

It adds 60 skill points total to fighting oriented skills and 50Hp, it looks overpowered to me. Its only real drawback is that you have to give up the companions perks, that, I have to admit isn't a small one.

Also, I think it's debatable that the game isn't easy (even if only at times) without companions.

Thinking of one called "I got your back"

Companion damage thresholds are increased when they are in a certain range of the player.
But what range I am not certain off yet and how this exactly would work out.

Backstabber: 30% damage increase when attacking an enemy from behind.

This perk would synergize well with Silent Running and Ninja for stealth based characters.

Back