North Korea Invades the United States

Any other country could threaten the US and I'd give it some consideration and fear. But it's always NK spouting the same old shit.

A country who can't train pilots because everytime they do the pilots fly away to anywhere else is no country I fear.

Makenshi said:
If Japan held that peninsula in the 1600's, maybe none of this would be happening. Or not.
Without japan, NK ad SK won't be seperated.
It is like to say "If nazi held whole Europe, the WW2 never happened.".

deadr4tz said:
Any war involving North Korea would be a brief and boring affair. North Korea lacks the food and fuel reserves to keep its vast army supplied for more than a few days, while its outdated technology and dogmatic military doctrine place it at tremendous disadvantage against any modern military force.

They still have enough artillery pointed at Seoul to turn it into smoldering ruins.

If I hear that hoax repeated as fact one more time, I will literally kill myself.

How about you kill the offender instead?

deadr4tz said:
North Korea lacks the food and fuel reserves to keep its vast army supplied for more than a few days...

They won't have anyone to fight against, anyways. Conventional warfare is old and ineffective, using drones and missiles is the way to go in the 21st century.

the bigger issue is that North Korea can not depend on either China or Russia for support. Of course if they would start a war.

The drones and technology have made neither Afghanistan or the Iraq less of a shit hole. Drones and the like make bad occupation forces.

The US has nothing to fear. The problem really is if it would ever happen that there are serious tensions between both nations it will South Korea that will get all the action and probably Japan as well, as far as Korean weapons can reach at least.

Their military might be outdated but artillery is artillery. Seaoul would be destroyed. Of course that is probably one of the last things the North would do of course. But still.

Crni Vuk said:
The drones and technology have made neither Afghanistan or the Iraq less of a shit hole. Drones and the like make bad occupation forces.

The US doesn't need to occupy N. Korea. There is nothing to steal.

Aljazeera ftw. Cant trust FOX NEWS.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/04/20124140598594521.html

"US suspends North Korea food aid.

Plans to send aid to North Korea called off, after failed rocket launch attempt contravened previous agreements.

A UN agency says that more than three million people in the country could go hungry this year as a result of insufficient food supplies.

The United States had already suspended the plan to deliver 240,000 metric tonnes of assistance aimed at children and pregnant women as North Korea prepared what the government called an unsuccessful bid to put a satellite in orbit".

Right...btw. North Koreas version of Gangnam Style. Shake the moneymaker Kim.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-6x3cUtcMwM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

"On September 18, 2012, North Korea uploaded a video with the title "I'm Yushin style!" onto the government website Uriminzokkiri as a parody of South Korea's ruling conservative party presidential candidate Park Geun-hye. The video shows a photo-shopped image of her doing the horse-riding dance, and mocks her as a devoted admirer of the "Yushin" system of autocratic rule set up by her father, Park Chung-hee".

Turn North Koarea into rubble. Sober them up. Im tired of these vegetable dictators with inflated egos.

Hassknecht said:
So the armistice is canceled. North Korea doesn't answer the red phone.
This is looking pretty bad right now.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/11/world/asia/south-korea-military-exercises/
/edit:
Fighting a war on N-Korea's ground would be pretty tough. Like Switzerland their mountains are filled to the top with hidden bunkers and artillery. Drones and missiles won't do much good there.

We have been used to NK being a "comic-relief" kind of bad-guy country for too long. Seeing this, my first thought is "lol, theatrics", but for the civilians this could not be further from being lolworthy.

I still find unlikely that Jong Un would be ready for a full scale war, but then again - who would ever be truly ready for that?

Technologically they're certainly not ready. Mentally, though, they're ready for war, I think. But at least their leadership must know that a full war would be futile and even with their vast numbers unlikely to be won.
So if there's actually going to be a war, N-Korea is going to start it by launching an invasion of S-Korea. Which will come to a halt pretty soon as S-Korea's military is technologically superior and supported by the western powers.
N-Korea would retreat, a counter-invasion would follow which itself would grind to a halt because N-Korea is a humongous fortress.
Then DammitBoy will spout ridiculous nonsense about carpet-bombing the mountains because he thinks that means carpet-munching fat whores and Makta will celebrate the death of every commie.
N-Korea will remain a shithole, but the faith in the Eternal President will be shaken and then Harry Potter will save us all.
This is all a very probable projection of the future based on extensive calculation I just made up.

I am curious if those big, colorful "tank blockers" will actually work for half a shit :D

"Oh darn, the road is blocked, and there is no concievable way we could ever simply drive around them. RETREAT!!!"

as soon as an war would start, pretty much most of their soldiers would throw away their weapons. All the South/US has to do is to throw an bag of rice next to them.

It worked already in the 1950s, at least somewhat, because a lot of soldiers wanted to stay in the South.

NK might be one of the nations with the biggest military, but most of their troops are barely better equipment then farmers with pitch forks. They know that they are nothing more then canon fodder in any way. Why should they risk their lifes for an leadership which controls them? I am sure there are enough troops with finitism and which feel loyal to their leaders. But the usual citizen? Which is starving pretty much most of the time?

Crni Vuk said:
as soon as an war would start, pretty much most of their soldiers would throw away their weapons. All the South/US has to do is to throw an bag of rice next to them.

It worked already in the 1950s, at least somewhat, because a lot of soldiers wanted to stay in the South.

NK might be one of the nations with the biggest military, but most of their troops are barely better equipment then farmers with pitch forks. They know that they are nothing more then canon fodder in any way. Why should they risk their lifes for an leadership which controls them? I am sure there are enough troops with finitism and which feel loyal to their leaders. But the usual citizen? Which is starving pretty much most of the time?

As was mentioned before, you must take into consideration how profoundly brain-washed they are. Sure, many individuals will want to escape, defect, etc, but the majority are likely to be die-hard patriotic, and launch themselves against the enemy like insane heroes, and kick that rice back in their faces.

part of the problem is that the north koreans are a bit like orks; thier technology only works so long as everyone believes in it, but the general disbelief from everyone else just makes it so their stuff really only works within north korean borders

I'm just really curious to see how true all that talk about the south koreans and the US being so technologically superior and the north koreans surrendering and defecting as soon as they hit the enemy lines really is, or if the "western powers", to put it somehow, are actually starting to believe their own propaganda.

Maybe a few of us could get surprised.

Gonzalez said:
I'm just really curious to see how true all that talk about the south koreans and the US being so technologically superior and the north koreans surrendering and defecting as soon as they hit the enemy lines really is, or if the "western powers", to put it somehow, are actually starting to believe their own propaganda.

Maybe a few of us could get surprised.

It is often my argument. Look at USA vs Afghanistan. Shoe-less sandal wearing turban-sporting people in robes. Piece of cake? Sure.
At least North Koreans will probably wear helmets, just that is an improvement. Not to mention that their army truly is gigantic. "Lol yes, but it's primitive" yes but the Taliban is small and primitive, and difficult enough. NK army is gigantic and primitive.

America has this tendency to sort of murder the shit out of everyone we go against. Soldiers, civilians, cows, we're pretty goddamn efficient at killing things will taking minimum losses.. while I doubt the NKs will just cross the border and start surrendering, if it ever does come to war there's gonna be a shit load of dead NK's.

Wintermind said:
we're pretty goddamn efficient at killing things will taking minimum losses..

So you were in Vietnam. Today Vietnam lies unified under a red flag with a yellow star in the middle of it.

Edit:

I really don't think that NK can outright defeat the US in the battlefield, but I'm just saying maybe the american public will not be willing to accept minimum losses no matter how minimum these losses are, specially after Iraq and Afghanistan, and this could lead to a "peace with honor" thing that may in practical terms lead to some sort of NK "victory" wich could or could not mean the reunification objective.

Besides, there is really no real threat of communist world expansion like it was in the 50's, would defending SK really worth all the trouble?

The kill ratio in Vietnam is thought to be pretty horrendous. That said, Americans don't have the stomach for losing comparitavely much fewer of their own forces. It's our biggest exploitable weakness.

Back