Fallout 2 mod Olympus 2207 (english translation)

Does anyone know where I can get another Paramedic's Suitcase, I was doing the Pearson town quest where you have to find Sunny and Becky but I used the Suitcase without knowing I needed it for the quest. Is the quest is unbeatable now?
I have a same problem. I think that one of those girls Sunny or Becky said that it is even better if I can find more Paramedic suitcases. I can't find any. Watched some walkthrough for Olympus and guy finds suitcase in Gym in Pearsons Town.

Does anyone have a working download link? The ones on page one of this thread, no longer function for downloads.

Tried visiting this game again. Managed to install it on Linux via using a Wine Emulator(which allows windows programs to run on Linux). At first the game would launch, but after selecting/choosing my character, the game crashes and gives an error message that says "The instruction at 0048d9c4 referenced memoryat 00000014
The memory could not read from
Click on OK to Terminate the application"
End of message

While the game installs in the right language which wasn't the case with Fallout Nevada(I managed to play a older version of Fallout Nevada and it worked though), it crashes when I create my character. Sorry to bug you folks again, but I wanted to see through this mod again and compare it to Fallout Nevada. Part of me thinks Olympus is better overall. Not just in terms of graphical overhaul,

Sorry to bump this thread and double post. Normally I wouldn't do so, I tried sending a private message to Quantum Appearance and Keyboard Gecko, but I don't think they've been on the site for the last couple days judging by the list on who is currently online. I read somewhere that the above mentioned error appears on people who install the Restoration Project on Linux aswell. I suspect that Olympus uses part of that despite being a mod with few graphics from Fallout 2. That said I hear from a Fallout wiki that if starting a new game leads to a crash the Wine registry needs to be tweaked. Trouble is the instructions provided on the Wiki are vague on how it needs to be tweaked. This is a new experience for me. I've included to images. One for the instructions on the wiki which are rather vague and one for what i've edited. Sadly because of the vague instructions on part of the wiki about editing the registry, I suspect that I may have edited it wrong. Any thoughts.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-04-23 22-58-58.png
    Screenshot from 2023-04-23 22-58-58.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot from 2023-04-23 22-59-27.png
    Screenshot from 2023-04-23 22-59-27.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 145
Sorry m8, I could add to what you have said but it would be of little value. Fallout2 after returning from the rig to San Fran always crashed when using the green area to transition. The same type of critical error.
This happened to me a lot playing Olympus. Even before I downloaded to install microsoft never liked the code.
I hope you get it sorted.

I am supposed to talk to Flint in NWO but I can't find him anywhere, does anybody know where I can find him?

I am supposed to talk to Flint in NWO but I can't find him anywhere, does anybody know where I can find him?

Not played Olympus for ages. I know one Flint sharpens a spear. Have you been upstairs from the tin factory part ? If it is the Mayor, town leader he is in a backroom. Otherwise have a wander around. If Flint is caravan boss he maybe out of town. Check the dates somewhere.

Not played Olympus for ages. I know one Flint sharpens a spear. Have you been upstairs from the tin factory part ? If it is the Mayor, town leader he is in a backroom. Otherwise have a wander around. If Flint is caravan boss he maybe out of town. Check the dates somewhere.

Mayor is Mark, probably Flint could be a caravan boss as you mentinoned, I'll try to find out caravan dates.

Not even thanks pfffttt ;) Flint is the caravan leader, I just looked online. Another five minutes of my life wasted. I don't know how to pronounce this guy's name it is either Cyren or Cyren, anyway I found a glitch to exploit and he helped me win some money.

Not even thanks pfffttt ;) Flint is the caravan leader, I just looked online. Another five minutes of my life wasted. I don't know how to pronounce this guy's name it is either Cyren or Cyren, anyway I found a glitch to exploit and he helped me win some money.

I am really confused now, where is this location in NWO? I just found entrance, halls and backyard in NWO and none of these locations look like this, how do I enter here?

I am really confused now, where is this location in NWO? I just found entrance, halls and backyard in NWO and none of these locations look like this, how do I enter here?

Don't panic ! That location is not in NWO. I put that video up as it is a major glitch that happened on my first playthrough.
A good tip though is if visiting a new place look around during daylight as the transition areas ( the green areas often look muddy at night ) So you can miss stuff.

just chill and have a wander. Everyone makes mistakes at first.

I have a more general question: If I downloaded the 1.2 version with the English translation from the official homepage, do I need any additional patches/fixes?
I could not find any. And the game seems to be rather buggy for me.
The reason I am asking is this: I can not really tell if most of the issues I encountered were me being too dense, the quest design being too obscure, or actual bugs.
I used a fresh install of the GOG version of Fallout 2, and just the mod itself. No other mods.

A few examples:
In my first playthrough, I found the location of the Military HQ no problem. In my second playthrough, I talked to the guy in combat armor at rainbow raiders. Went through all dialogue options, and he mentioned the place. But it is nowhere to be found on the world map.
Also rainbow raiders: I convinced the guy running raids on caravans to change his ways. And promised to talk to Hog so he and his gang can get a proper job. But there seems to be no way to mention any of this to Hog.
I also seem to have found a way to talk down the final boss of the game. Or at least keep stalling through high speech options. But going down that route straight up crashes the game.

I tried to download from the official page but windows tried to block it. I had to force the download and ignore. Possibly the coding may clash. My install ran but later in the game it crashed, similar to what happens in Fallout 2, if I try to continue after destroying the rig.

Sometimes the order in which you do things seems to stop dialogue you may otherwise get.

It's a really good game as you will know, it just needs a bit of polishing. The ' Mod Squad ' may sort out some of the bugs/glitches.

I am certainly not complaining. There are a few shortcomings in game design and writing, but overall, the game is amazing. Hence my second playthrough back-to-back.
Just asking myself if I am getting the best possible experience, or missing a patch that I could not find.
Windows complaining about the unsecure download is just par for the course for this kind of thing ;)

The download link on this thread is dead and outdated. Is the patch relevant anymore? The official site hosts mirrors for the english version on the homepage and there are no mentions of a patch.

Im currently near the very beginning and my character doesnt have the carry weight to hold all 12 water jugs, is it still possible for me to finish the quest?

Back